London Business School

Working at London Business School: 41 Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews

schoolbusinessenvironmentworkingmanagementworkgreatplace

Collaborative but lack of professional development

Depending on which department you work in you find very nice people within LBS. very student focused and all about innovation and creating insights to better establish a growth environment.

Pros

Flexible Working

Cons

Lack of investment in staff development

Great team and fun environment

Gained skills in efficient time management in a fast paced environment, and working with different teams and various stakeholders. Exposure to the business landscape in the UK.

Insights into London Business School

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Poor

Poorly managed and snobbish institution. No possibility of promotion unless you fit the demographic criteria. Poorly paid and was left to go stale. Had to rebuild my confidence and career after working here.

fine place to work

went from slow to busy very quickly. repetitive work, but really nice office and people to work for. perks are really good, beautiful location as well

i love to work in London business school because is great working there

i we so love to work in london business school he has be my dream to work in Abroad i pray my application is giving a positive respond more over working is a great chances

Nice and friendly people

Nice place to work, good work life balance. Nice and intelligent line manager

Pros

Nice place

Cons

Too many politics, it is not about what you know rather than people that like you

Productive and Fun Work Enviomental

Amazing place to work organised and fun peers. Relaxed environment with a high level of productivity. definitely be one of my favorite places to work.

Excellent first job after graduating and a great opportunity to develop. To have the company on my CV is really advantageous for future opportunities, providing a useful stepping stone in my career. The work/life balance was very accommodating which makes commuting less stressful and the job easier.

Fun and proactive

People are excited about learning and doing things that can change the world. Everyone attending the conference was extremely polite and the team we had super proactive.

poor structure and senior management

In careers there is poor senior management they are quite lazy and no room for growth.The operations process is dated and no one is willing to go the extra mile

Pros

location

Cons

poor management

Great employer

LBS is a great place to work, it has great values which in turn contribute to the fantastic culture across the School. There is so much learning to do across the School, and you are encouraged to sit in on Faculty lectures.

I have moved around a several departments as a temp at the London Business School and all teams differ slightly. Everyone is friendly and the work is relatively easy, but not challenging enough. However this can be said of all admin positions. The positions pay well and you have free access to a gym and pool, and many different lunch options.

Pros

Free gym and swim

Cons

work not challenging

A great employer

London Business School is a somewhat bureaucratic organisation, however it provides a truly international work space and supports a great work life balance.

Should be renamed London bully school.

It all looks sleek and glossy to the outsider but when you are staff here it's awful. Bullying is rampant here, they say it's "direct management ". The management and HR here are both as bad. The only people who get promoted seem to do so by being friends with or toadying to upper management. Most of the managers here are not experienced rather they are chosen as above and make it up as they go along. Avoid this place for work. Don't take a job here you will regret it.

Pros

Free gym and pool

Cons

Bullying

Management could have been better

Whilst on the job I was consistently under the impression that I was being micromanaged. This is not good for me when in an assistant role as I would like to learn and progress with some form of independence. Therefore, if management was better I may have enjoyed myself more on the job.

Innovativ ledarskapsorganisation

London Business School is one of the world's top 10 business schools. Det är en banbrytare inom affärsinnovation.

Generally...

Great place to work - colleagues, benefits, culture, location. Terrible management - lack of recognition, overloading of work, lack of leadership, lack of support.

Pros

Social culture, benefits

Sloan Masters in Leadership and Strategy

I am a student of Sloan Masters of Leadership and Strategy. Focusing on strategy, leadership and change, and globalisation, London Business School’s Sloan Masters in Leadership and Strategy programme is specifically designed for senior, experienced, high-calibre professionals and executives. The Sloan Masters MSc. is only offered at MIT, LBS and Stanford business schools and is the most elite business degree available to seniors leaders.

Pros

Global environment

Cons

Low program branding

Congratulation to one of the best employer in the United Kingdom

London Business School is a leader in the field of business education. All employers should learn from LBS.It`s a very diverse, multi-lingual,inspiring community of staff, faculty,students, clients, alumni and donors from around the world. All of the facilities and resources are open to staff, including an on-site gym and pool, extensive business library and clubs where you can join in on various sporting, professional interest and volunteering groups run by students and staff. Competitive salary and a range of benefits and opportunities you may not find in many other organisations. Staff are awarded with cash gifts and & personalised letter from the Dean after 5, 10,15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 years’ service.

Pros

As I mentioned above

Cons

I don't any

Great worklife balance

a company that has a lot to give. Great work experience both n the job and learning opportunities. The benefits of working flexibly and empowered to make a difference.

benefits

Cons

change management

Fun workplace

Managing the smooth flow of the business at busy times. General Customer service. Making hot and cold drinks. Use of Microsoft Package. Answered queries via Telephone and Outlook.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Business School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare London Business School with

London Business School reviews by location

Learn about London Business School in popular locations

• London Business School
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?