London Business School

London Business School Management reviews

Whilst on the job I was consistently under the impression that I was being micromanaged. This is not good for me when in an assistant role as I would like to learn and progress with some form of independence. Therefore, if management was better I may have enjoyed myself more on the job.
Gained skills in efficient time management in a fast paced environment, and working with different teams and various stakeholders. Exposure to the business landscape in the UK.
Poorly managed and snobbish institution. No possibility of promotion unless you fit the demographic criteria. Poorly paid and was left to go stale. Had to rebuild my confidence and career after working here.
In careers there is poor senior management they are quite lazy and no room for growth.The operations process is dated and no one is willing to go the extra mile
Pros
location
Cons
poor management
It all looks sleek and glossy to the outsider but when you are staff here it's awful. Bullying is rampant here, they say it's "direct management ". The management and HR here are both as bad. The only people who get promoted seem to do so by being friends with or toadying to upper management. Most of the managers here are not experienced rather they are chosen as above and make it up as they go along. Avoid this place for work. Don't take a job here you will regret it.
Pros
Free gym and pool
Cons
Bullying
London Business School is one of the world's top 10 business schools. Det är en banbrytare inom affärsinnovation.
Great place to work - colleagues, benefits, culture, location. Terrible management - lack of recognition, overloading of work, lack of leadership, lack of support.
Pros
Social culture, benefits
Cons
I am a student of Sloan Masters of Leadership and Strategy. Focusing on strategy, leadership and change, and globalisation, London Business School’s Sloan Masters in Leadership and Strategy programme is specifically designed for senior, experienced, high-calibre professionals and executives. The Sloan Masters MSc. is only offered at MIT, LBS and Stanford business schools and is the most elite business degree available to seniors leaders.
Pros
Global environment
Cons
Low program branding
a company that has a lot to give. Great work experience both n the job and learning opportunities. The benefits of working flexibly and empowered to make a difference.
benefits
Cons
change management
Unfortunately, this company lost good workers due to poor management. Directors only promotes their friends whilst leaving other co-workers behind. The culture is - suck up to the directors, otherwise your position will be on the line.
Pros
Good salary in admin
Cons
Poor management, low salary for level 1's
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at London Business School?
There are lots of events that happen on campus and the whole community works well together. The management team in the IT department are always working hard to improving the push the team forward
Out of the many places I have worked in Education this is by far one of the WORST places I have ever had the displeasure of working. The department I was in had a ridiculously high turnover of staff and I didn't know this until my last day. That alone told me everything I needed to know. Not surprising at all! The pay was awful, staff were rude and at times arrogant (for what, I honestly don't know), they treated Temporary workers with such disdain by firing them at a drop of the hat it was shocking and people were overworked and miserable. I couldn't believe at the time a very senior worker had no assistant and other workers had to double up on their workload for the same money! I will not be going back to London Business School again. Not even for a visit.
Pros
Regents Park (Beautiful)
Cons
Do you have all day?
Consult with senior executives from international private and public companies to improve their strategy execution and innovation capabilities. I work with leading international management professionals.
London Business School, is a great place to start your career as the are so many learning curves which help to boost your knowledge and experience. The management are very supportive and help you develop and grow within your role. As any organisation there are politics, but it doesn't affect you doing your job. The organisation is expanding and the team have been split up to accommodate space.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Old fashioned equipment
• Help co-ordinate Degree, Executive Education and Finance programme timetables • Proactively manage and optimise bookings and reservations within the School for all teaching and function/event space related needs. • Providing information about teaching and events to the relevant internal departments who are responsible for providing support services (Audio-visual, catering, cleaning, maintenance, IT, porters, room stewards). • Ensuring the best allocation of space, and advice to space bookers in the School community. This involves room bookings ranging from degree programmes to conferences, preparation of timetables and communicating information about teaching and events to programme offices and other internal service departments (Audio-Visual, Catering, Porters, Room Stewards, Maintenance, ISD and Events). There will be the need for proactive management of space, providing effective and rational solutions. • Making sure results meet the needs of the situation and agreed high service standard • Always ensuring that accuracy, quality, consistency and punctuality of work is at high standard • Working on own initiative and as a team • Always making suggestions and develop projects within the Space Team to improve service within the School. • Supporting the timetabling process as well as Executive Education scheduling when required • Manage space effectively to maximize efficient usage • To actively gain and maintain a high level of awareness of School events, and their impact on the School timetable, in order to coordinate teaching and catering space usage with customers, - more...