London Housing Direct

London Housing Direct Employee Reviews

Very well ran company. Even with these challenging conditions, the company is excelling. Being a key emergency social housing business, we need to keep operating. Excellent team and Director of 24 years offering hands on training.
This company has got everything you want from a company. Its the 'Real Deal'. Great workers. Great team ethic. Great director. Great office. Best place i ever work!
Pros
Team
Cons
Brilliant team, Director and work culture. The brilliant team is the main reason to join this company. The Director has 20+ years experience in the sector and likes to pass on all his knowledge throughout the company.
Deciding to join the LHD was the best decision i ever made. They had me on trial for 3 days, where i got to meet all the team and sat down with everyone. I felt at home from day one here. It's been great ever since. It's a company that's difficult to get into because they are very selective in their recruitment. But once in, very few people leave. The highest credit goes to the Director. He gives hands-on training himself and allows someone to grow into their own. If passion isn't shown in one area of the work, flexibility is allowed to experiment in different areas, until someone finds their forte.
Pros
Great team and director
This is by far the best apprenticeship in London. If you want to learn the inns and outs of housing from scratch, this is the place to be. The proof is in the pudding, with the housing team leader an ex apprentice herself, starting at the company 6 years ago, she has made herself the 'Jewel in the Crown' of this fast growing social housing outfit.
Pros
The team and culture
Cons
I've been working at LHD for 1 year and 3 months. I must say, its a very nice place to work. Everyone gets along very well and looks out for each other. I consider the LHD as my second family now. The feeling is mutual with everyone working here. There isn't a bad word i can say for the company. The recruitment has been very selective and spot on. It's a young team with energy, vibrancy and enthusiasm.
Pros
The Family Like Environment
Cons
I've only been here for 3 months - and i must say, its the best company i've worked for by far. There is the 'feel good factor' from top to bottom in this company. It has a family like environment, where everyone looks out for each other and eager anticipates coming into the office to work hard and give their all. My training has been really good also.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
The owner of the company has been excellent. He has hired very very well. There's always a lot of interviewing going on and only the creme de la creme are accepted. Lots of companies have staffing issues and politics. Not here though!!
Pros
Excellent Team and Owner
Cons
By far the best Director and group of employees i've ever worked with. Everyone gets along very well, is very productive and can cover for each other when the work load rises. The CEO listens to everyone, in frequent monthly meetings, and backs you when he likes your ideas. There's a high demand to work here due to these rare to find reasons. It the start up work culture that you get from exciting companies that is rare to find...this company is going places...
Pros
The excellent people
Cons
I have been here for over 4 years and started as an apprentice and have learnt so much! Fun place to work out with a lot of flexibility. The boss has been great to me and he's very good to his employees!
Pros
Flexibility, bonus, recognition
Working for London Housing Direct has been a privilege. Since day one the Director & Colleagues made me feel like i was part of a team. The Director and Managers have great knowledge in their respected field and they are always there to give a helping hand as the job can be really challenging at times.
Pros
Friendly environment, new things to learn every day, great business ethics.
Cons
Very hard to find anything bad about the company
I always have fun and enjoy doing my job. My colleagues are very freindly to work with. Also my boss is a very nice person. I recommend anyone to apply and work at this place. Everyone will welcome you in.
Pros
Time goes quick, learn new experiences