LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY logo
LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY

LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

I was a HPL Lecturer

As an hourly-paid lecturer I lacked some of the relative, ling term job security of full-time academic staff. HPLs tend to get used when and where necessary. I might have led modules, held seminars, given guest lectures (when the full-timers wanted a day off!), or any combination of the above. The work load can fluctuate. Unless it interrupts post-graduate research, say Yes to as much work as you can.

Pros

Flexibility and a good hourly rate

Cons

They dropped me without notice.

Avoid this place

The worst employer, not what you know but who who know matters. People with no or little experience get certain positions they would never get anywhere else.

Fun and Productive

I enjoyed my time working with this institute, it allowed me to not only help students but to also benefit my time there. Additionally, this role has improved my communication skills.

Productive and challenging

Always have new things to do, doing a variety of jobs, which makes it enjoyable and different each day when coming into work. Work is very team based and the environment is very friendly.

London Met is unstable

Making cuts everywhere and getting rid of staff. Worked in the Timetabling Team and took 2 months off sick leave after being bullied and harassed by the Timetabling Officer. There was an investigation and she was found guilty of all accusations. I was resigned and was compensated.

Pros

Canteen is value for money

Cons

No social culture

It was a good place to work at

Productive and good place to work. Good working environment. Fair working practices Good policies and work incentives Wide range of diversity among employees Good work ethics which encourage independent working and multicultural policies

Well-paid and fun workplace

I do love my job. I would suggest this work position for any student who has good diary management and wants flexible work. The payment is good enough for the living standard in London.

Nice colleagues to work with

Nice colleagues to work with in the main. Large workload but working hard is recognised, very rewarding to work with the students. The vision is to transform lives.

Guest lecturer for a short time

Haven't worked there long enough to say, can only comment on what I have heard from fellow lecturers. Hourly fees for guest lecturers seem good, but cannot compare to industry standard as I am new to the industry.

bruh

personally didn't enjoy the experience,the pay was good enough to stay but not long enough to lose your mind.. also if your from an ethnic background be prepared for the indirect racial slurs. for example calling you by "shaniqua " even though you name is on your desk and its no where near that name lol just a heads up seeing as i cant avoid reviewing,

Jobs at LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY

See more jobs

Low morale

The whole time the morale was incredibly low. Not an environment I could be developed in and a lot of restructuring that went in with lots of staff leaving at peak times.

Productive work experience

Great work experience while study. Where you can enhance a lots of knowledge and experience and meet a lots of national and International students along.

Productive and fun workplace

Love the environment and the staff are so helpful. There are also so many opportunities to gain skills and step out of your comfort zone. They also provide very thorough training, which is extremely helpful.

Terrible work place.

Endless flow of reforms after merging of UNL with London Guildhill University, which negatively affected workers morale. There were regular redundancies campains (voluntary and compulsory)...

Amazing opportunity

Amazing opportunity to learn while working. Opportunity to meet mind a like people. Support from above in any beginnings. Creative and fun environment.

productive and fun workplace

well-paid, easy and straightforward work, not demanding, would recommend to anyone leaving university who needs a temporary job to make a bit of money.

Productive and fun workplace

A great place to work but there is little or no progression. Managers are nice and friendly and everyone gets along really well. Certain days are different as you get to do other stuff while on other days it's just about doing repetitive task.

Pros

Work/life balance, good benefits

Cons

Lack of job security

Proud to be LondonMet

LondonMet has always provided career progression for me, I started working here after my undergraduate course and have never left. I have incredible colleagues and it is fun workplace, especially because it is a teaching focused institution and they support your professional development.

Not a great work culture

Lots of lovely hard working staff, however there is a very toxic work culture at this institution and they do no value their staff at all. Such a shame. I hope the new VC can chnage things.

Work experience

I was working here whilst studying in University. I was working in the networking department with 4 others and I have learnt a lot whilst working with them.

Okay workplace

Learned a lot - a good start to the working life - pay and job security could be better Management however is not professional and lack leadership and appropriate skills to work there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement