London Southend Airport

London Southend Airport Employee Reviews

2.2
Work-life balance

Most managment are bullies

it's a workplace full of unfair workplace treatment and shifts that are to long and stupid hours. there are no benefits or extra night pay. management actively try to push out anyone who doesn't conform to there views or snitch policies.

Pros

most staff are good to work with.

Cons

managment are bullies

Love it!

Contrary to the opinion above I love working here. Outside in the sun working with planes and a great bunch of lads on the team alongside me. Its hard work and you earn your pennies and it is very physical role but I look forward to coming in each day.

Poor management

Low pay especially as you have to work shifts, bank holiday and weekends, management are terrible with no respect for staff. Attrition rate is high because of the conditions of service. Bullying by managers.

Pros

Working in an airport environment is interesting.

Cons

Managements attitude. Poor pay, shift work

Applyed for a job in security and customer service.

Applyed for security as was short listed for a interview. Possible because I have 18 years of security supervisory experience. But now told after interview I was not experienced enough. Was very shocked

Pros

Security

Cons

Dont know

Greater staff turnover than Donald Trump's office!

No pay rise for four years, expected to work through lunch break even when unpaid and if you aren't willing to dob in other staff for petty things you may find yourself on the chopping block. Security is ruled by the nastiest manager I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Training is rushed and inadequate. Staff levels are as low as the morale in the place. 9/10 people are looking for other jobs so don't get too attached to anybody. Stobart is a terrible employer to work for. Zero discount on their own airline, zero pay rises and zero job prospects. It's not sour grapes for me, I've never had a bad employer in my life until I worked here and I'm one of the ones that left on good terms!

Pros

Local and convenient

Cons

Top level management, Security Manager (Dragon), Lack of perks, pay and respect

Airport

I worked at Southend airport. The old style airport was fanctsic as was a small crew I I was there once the new London Southend airport become open.

Pros

Cons

Hours

Ex security agent

Please never work for Stobarts London Southend Airport I was employed there until August 2017 in all my working career I have never seen such bullying by the Manager and her team if you have an opinion or speak your mind you are bullied until you leave this is alongside horrific working hours with very little breaks the training is very poor and contradictory when it suits the Manager if you’re face fits and your prepared to write reports about your work colleagues you will keep the job and progress. Everything is watched by the control room and everything you do is recorded this is fine except when you have two of the biggest bullies in control of that room. So my advice never ever work there the worst job I have ever had throughout my working life.

Pros

Cons

Everything especially management

Awful place

The senior management have no clue. Awful place to work. No balance, no sanity. Definitely the worst step in my career. Unless this place is bought and run by a proper commercial company with knowledge of terminal operations, it will not change.

Pros

Good salary at senior management level

Cons

Too many to name

Great Ideals, Terrible Place to Work.

The Company paints a picture of a happy, friendly place to work. The reality is a low morale, hire and fire culture with intense bullying. In my experience there was little support for staff and once you start questioning the status quo, you are marked for a quick exit from the company, there is little wonder why the staff turnover rate is so high. I would advise anyone to seek employment elsewere, you have been warned.

Pros

A few good people.

Cons

Everyone else.

flexible

A typical day at work consisted of guiding passengers through the airport and ask whether they had liquids packed in their hand luggage which needed to be out. I've learnt how to deal with foreign and difficult people. Everything came easy because the passengers were cooperative and not very hard to understand, which allowed me to help them quicker. The most enjoyable part of the job was that every day was different. Different passengers, different flights.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at London Southend Airport?

terrible

terrible terrible terrible , short staffed every day lack of correct equipment , lack of training or correct procedures followed just awful after 2 years no more

Horrific

In short if I had done my research before taking this job I would never have started working here! Disgusting how people are treated, "Expected to work long hours" with little break, no pay rises, no salary increases, no support from any management, no incentives or benefits to work with this company and no respect for the welfare of staff! Expected to work with little staff and lack of correct equipment which in its self is a massive health and safety risk, no real training and not provided with correct PPE gear. Management are not interested in anything you have to say and hide behind made up policies and rules. Law unto themself

Pros

There isn't any

Great Airport

This is a great up and coming airport. The staff who work there are great and there is an amazing team spirit. Things can be a little slow through winter however things will begin to pick up with new airlines.

I would not recommend Stobart as an employer

The management is terrible, most of the staff are unhappy from all departments. People can be expected to work over 12 hours sometimes with no time to have a break. The management only care about the business - if you finish work at 10 pm you can be expected to start work at 4am the next morning. The only perks are the lovely people throughout the airport.

Pros

40% discount in the over priced coffee shop

Cons

Long hours, low pay, sometimes no break, 4am starts.

Was a passenger security agent

Please never work here! The management are awful! They have no regard for the staff. They try to rule by fear and bullying. The conditions are awful with no progression, wage rises nor do they reward good workers. The turn over of security staff is awful. The company must waste thousands of pounds. The whole culture from management is 'Dont like it, leave!' No consultation, always short staffed. Easily the worst company I've worked for. AVOID!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Bullying management

Working here big regret

Big mistake working here from the start. Training is poor management are shocking no skills to be in the job. Policies and procedures and many followed very unhappy staff with very little improvements. No chance for progression or pay rise. iwe wouldn't suggest anyone worked there worst job I've ever had I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Pros

Haha

Cons

The whole operation

Poor pay with no pay rises or progression, No support, Terrible training

Currently work at the airport. No pay rises for years, Management expect so much but pay peanuts. Training is a joke. This is a terrible company to work for. If you want a career at an Airport go elsewhere avoid at all costs.

Pros

Fellow work friends

Cons

Terrible pay

ok

large company high turnover of staff,some dedicated members of the team,very demanding workload when there are fault on equipment that need a quick relolution,good mixture of types of jobs,rewarding fixing things.

Worse company I've worked for in my entire life

i worked here for 6 months - the training is so poor quality working conditions are beyond slavery, they not very cultured very racist community, management are living on different planet , not a clue about employment law or anything to do with how to do anything right they are lazy ignorant pig headed - wavy ppl to do all hours at any cost in bad weather no correct uniform Saftey boots - poor staff facility's , they spent too much on things and can't afford to pay company's they owe and if the face don't fit they say ur probation period over Staff stealing passengers ÂŁ good left behind inc supervisors

Pros

Absolutely none ! Avoid at all costs

Cons

Too many !!! It's not a airport !

Job role made redundant as major shortfall in passengers

The restaurant would have greatly benefited from being "Landside" to attract a greater clientele, as it is, its "Airside " and has a very limited footfall. Food is all cooked fresh so its good particularly breakfast's, management is stretched and little experience in the hospitality industry.

Pros

20% staff discount in duty free!

Cons

Very early start!

good company

a good company to work for. pay could be a bit better though. very friendly co workers. easy to get too early starts at 3am and could be late finishing after midnight. ok holiday package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Southend Airport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3