Look Ahead Care And Support

Look Ahead Care And Support Employee Reviews for Service Manager

Service Manager3 reviews
United Kingdom3 reviews

aheadsupportheadstaffturnoverchallengeservicesalary

An environment with loads of opportunity

Great work environment, there is a lot to do but it helps prepare staff for better opportunity. There is a lot to learn in short space of time. There is also training opportunity to develop

Pros

Opportunity for promotion

Cons

So much paper work

Flexible employer with good progression opportunities

I've always felt very well supported working at Look Ahead - the flexibility they offer is a massive plus point for me and I've always been shown a lot of support, both professionally and personally. Family work life balance is good and I think if you work hard, people are keen to progress you and help you move onto the next step. You can also move around quite easily - going from working in mental health to homelessness or from services to head office or vice versa. This sector is undeniably tough for people who work within it, especially those who work directly in services and who are on the front line. A lot of the challenges and pressures people feel (high caseloads, salaries not as high as people would like) I feel come ultimately from local authority funding cuts and commissioning decisions - not from the organisation directly. I think these things are common to the sector not just this employer. I've always felt that everyone here is genuinely committed to the work the organisation does - supporting vulnerable people and helping them to change and improve their lives. There's also great colleagues and I think that there is a genuine effort to recognise and thank people that do a great job. It's an organisation that's full of passionate people and I've always enjoyed the fact that it's a buzzy place to work.

Insights into Look Ahead Care And Support

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Chuckle Brothers Housing

Where does one begin to describe the appealing leadership at the top branches of this rotting tree. Visionless, bullying, reactionary, invisible and defunct. Constant restructuring and redundancies. Clueless tendering processes with innacurate central costs resulting in front line staff having to work massive hours to break even resulting in burn out, mistakes (medication errors) and demotivated staff. On a positive side the plush Westminster offices look great funded by the cuts to the customers lifeskills budget. I thought we existed to create opportunities for vulnerable customers. However it seems that we exist to fund the executve bonuses awarded by the renumeration committee. Shame on you.

Pros

Long suffering resilliant support workers

Cons

Dangerous leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Look Ahead Care And Support. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement