Look Ahead Care And Support

Look Ahead Care And Support Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker44 reviews
United Kingdom44 reviews

aheadsupportheadstaffturnoverchallengeservicesalary

Long standing company - a really good place to work!!!

Was there 7 years, worked in quite a few different schemes and left on very good terms only because I relocated from London to the country side! Never had an issue really, met with the then CEO and senior management on occasions, was able to amend working hours following my maternity leave and had a really good time there! Learnt a lot and always felt like they put their customers first!

Pros

They care about the customers

Opportunity to rise up

Learned a lot working with Look Ahead, had great opportunities to become a senior support worker and beyond but sadly was TUPE'd over by another company and had to start from the bottom again. Management really drives you to reach your full potential here...A shame the pay isn't higher compared to other places.

Insights into Look Ahead Care And Support

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Different, challenging, attaching service users

I worked in different services in look ahead as a support worker or specialist support worker and it depends on the manager. the service I work at now is great. It’s challenging and you do need to do your job but my colleagues and managers are supportive.

Not great

Wouldn’t recommend due to own experiences, I didn’t feel supported. My first manager was amazing however we got a new one and I didn’t feel genuine support. Some of the people higher up seem to not care about what happens to you if they mess up and some can be quite disrespectful.

Pros

I had a great team next to me, not including management

Cons

Terrible place to work, awful boss

Really not a good experience, staff are nice but everything else is horrendous. So disorganised, terrible management. Really not understanding. Place is falling apart, all the staff are leaving

Cons

I loved working with lookahead

I learned alot and gained alot of experience. I enjoyed working with the customers and the staff and felt that I made a difference I feel that they took a chance on me and it helped me with my career in this sector.

Busy and fun at times

It is alright place to work, this usually depends on the service. There are challenges like sometimes been under staffed which makes the job that much harder. The pay is very poor compare to the workload and the kind of client group we have to deal with.

Pros

Free food

Cons

poor management

Good team but management does not connect well. Shift 8 to 5 or 1 till 9 staff can swap. Very frustrating I cannot give accurate account as restricted to 150 words.

Pros

Occasional free food

Cons

Not enough training not enough payment for what you have to do.

Working at Look Ahead

Training is provided but knowledge of the job was mostly from other staff who also hard very little experience as well. Sometimes training can be discussed but it never actually happens .

Pros

Free food staff outings manager sometimes buys staff lunvh

Cons

Alot of the time you get yelled at or insulted for things that have nothing to do with yiu

Company with Politics & Hostile work place

So much politics, lack of career progression, over worked, lack of flexibility, immature managers and much more where I've witnessed bullying. This company's high turnover of staff is shocking.

Very disappointed

Been with this company for many years and IM very disheartened over the years and have had some very supportive managers, however, am disgusted with new management who were unsupportive , unprofessional bullies who treated staff like rubbish, if anything goes wrong, staff are always blamed and they’re quick to put you on capability or disciplinary!! Pay is disgusting considering they work you so hard!!

Workers are poorly paid

Poor salary everything seems okay to me except salary. I enjoy my colleagues and I had a gd working environment. They have issue with maintaining their staff especially the front line workers. Their yearly bonus are too poor.

5 out of 5

During my employ the whole process was Very good including My induction..which included thorough DBS checks..and Screening...Excellent training in all areas..of support for vulnerable persons..with the emphasis on a personal care approach (PCA) Peer support and advocacy in a Sometimes forensic setting toenable

Supportive management

My team and the management were extremely supportive, however, some colleagues were successfully avoiding doing their job. The safety of the staff and the residents was very well maintained and all the procedures were clear, all the accidents/incidents were properly dealt with and recorded without hiding anything. The clients were verbally abusive time to time, do not expect gratitude, the support is taken as granted. I did not enjoy the work pattern as almost every day I worked different shifts (there were MANY possible shifts). You never feel bored as there is no the same day. I enjoyed the job, thought I felt hopeless to change the situation of the clients as their problems were too complex.... The training opportunities were great and the staff was encouraged to take it. The staff were listened and their opinion was important, however, it may differ from the current situation and my review is only about the project I worked for. P.S. the communication with HR was horrible, they did not reply to some my emails, were rude over the phone. I had to contact them as they supposed to order my DBS. It took them over one month and the whole employment process took over 2 months.

stressful but productive.

As I am working with young at risk adults, who have either been in care or been declared homeless, it can be stressful when supporting them in finding accommodation, employment or education. I have developed my skills in finding the appropriate benefits available to my customer's and I have been successful in helping some of them find the own accommodation and employment. Also within 6 months of being employed i have been promoted to a Specialist Support Worker.

I’m not happy in my work currently

I’ve had a £300 pay rise since starting, contracts manager is not supportive to staff. The work life balance is not very good, we work 6 and 7 straight shifts in a week as part of the rolling rota.

Never again

Just awful . Met some nice friends but the place is dysfunctional . Management were bias and contradictory. Flexible working non existent. Just dont work here.

Great place to work"

I have been working at Look Ahead Housing and Care full-time (More than a year) Pros Flexible working, approachable and friendly staff, passionate people. You feel like you are really making a difference to vulnerable people. Cons It is a difficult job as the customers are really hard to reach and vulnerable people. Not for the faint hearted.

it's a shame

I genuinely love the work i do , staff team are some of the best people i have ever worked with .The customers make my day , they always have a smile for you and are happy you are there, that makes me so humble to do the work i do. The training opportunities are fantastic and i am always encouraged to learn and develop personally , the sad part for me is although you may have completed the most up to date qualifications and passed , there is no guarantee that you will progress internally. This leads to good people moving on when some are prepared to stay the duration and give full commitment to working within the organisation and customers but progression is not always offered or can be very slow this can leave you frustrated. Other than that Lookahead have provided me with so many memorable experiences , the opportunity to work with customers who are some of the most amazing individuals i have ever met. So for that i am grateful. Avoiding politics leads to a fulfilling career , dont get involved and your experience may just be the best one you have . The experience of working in a challenging , complex environment will give your career a great boost .

Pros

amazing customers / team work

Cons

great workers who leave

Summary Review

A typical varies from supporting the clients or attend and emergency GP appointment, reschedule Court or DWP Health Assessment appointment, or conduct a new assessment for a potential client for suitability. I learned how to conduct assessment for new client, discussed their suitability in terms of clients needs eg, a recovering drug addiction, alcoholics, needs analysis, show client round the property, complete paperwork. Great team to work with more like on big happy supportive family. The hardest part of the job is pressured environment because you will be supporting people with complex mental health needs and their needs changes all the time. The most employable part of the job is when they set their minds to make a positive change to their life though they will have pitfalls and relapse which is expected.

Good place to learn about individuals in crisis.

Supporting service users with their mental health issues. I have learned to prioritise my work load. Management style is good. Workplace culture is friendly but professional. Hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone. Most enjoyable when service users have felt they have achieved something positive in their recovery.

Pros

Good team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Look Ahead Care And Support. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement