Lookers

Lookers Employee Reviews

Mangers always claim credit for your work l, long hours little reward it’s a stressful environment and departments are in constant competition with each other, there is virtually no life work balance
Pros
People who work there
Cons
Best place ever , was gutted when it was closed down. We had the best respectful hard working team which is a rarity. The company are good on all levels and I would highly recommend Lookers.
Worked at lookers Sunderland was great to work for until lookers took over no interest in customers and staff all money grabbers treated like third world employee break times a joke if there was a customer waiting you were expected to leave your break and attend to them by your manager horrible company to work for
Pros
Cons
Avoid
Lazy staff very clicky and not friendly not worth working for lack of appreciation and communication throughout the company. Location involved travelling to site looks cold and feels cold to customers when visiting! Don’t miss not working there was glad to escape the site was too big didn’t feel as part of a team. The management was a waste of time when had a problem to deal with not worth the strain of working for a company like that!! If it sounds too good to be true it is the lookers way for it to be rubbish.
Pros
Cons
A lot travelling noise level loud
Simply the worst place/company I've worked for. Management make mistakes everyday but will force you to do the overtime to fix it, if you refuse then they'll make your life horrible.If anything breaks or is damaged on the vehicles (It happens in every workshop), then be prepared for anything from a written warning to a bill for the repairs.The company will see you as disposable and have no problem making sure your aware of that fact.Even helping other employees would get you in trouble some days!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
When a FTSE-100 listed company are almost obsessed in proclaiming their staff to be important, valued, respected, etc., you'd perhaps be inclined to believe the spiel; don't. Any issues you have are 'dealt' with in a completely amateurish way. They were fond of penny pinching, too. Some of their vans were ready for the scrapyard; substandard maintenance, substandard safety on the road. Most were quite happy to stab others in the back. Their behaviour wasn't exactly contributory to a friendly environment. Glad I escaped. Avoid.
Pros
Discounted butt plugs
Cons
Lack of respect.
This is a nasty place to work, bullying colleagues, management who don't care, single people out for stuff that everyone does, don't reward the hard workers or even try to give someone a pay rise for bettering them selves and doing more work than what they originally agreed to do when they took the job.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Felt my face didn't fit with senior management and I was therefore managed out of a management position which I've successfully held (with a couple of different companies) for 20yrs despite never having had a disciplinary or negative review.Company is run as separate divisions depending on manufacturer, and the one I was involved with had a very high management turnover compared to any of the others. Strangely the vacant positions always seem to go to the mates of senior management.
Pros
Lots of branches to compare your own too so to realise its 'not just you'
Cons
Long hours (even for the motor-trade). No real say in how your own department is run.
Only worked for them 1 year before being made redundant. Management not the best to work for. As you probably se at the moment. The company is shutting most of its dealerships..
Pros
Good pensions
Cons
No people skills
Used to be a great company to work for, excellent senior management with clear guidance and great rewards for those that work hard and have the right attitude, then we became part of a different division and it all changed. Our head office moved 170 miles away and we had senior managers that seemed to go out of the way to make life difficult, if your face didn't fit then you were doomed and replaced with one if their cronies. If you work in the right division, great, if you don't then forget it unless you are one of the clique.
Pros
Large organisation
Cons
Toxic culture
55 year old Parts delivery driver on living wage. Furloughed since March, now being made redundant. Where do I start? Good communication with parts manager but I think his hands are tied, if he's not told stuff how can he pass it on?. Long periods of hearing nothing. Letter that should of been sent to me, never showed, I got it as an email AFTER the date it stipulated I was to vote for an employee rep ?? My main beef has been over holiday entitlement. The letter I signed stipulated that if holidays were to be taken whilst on furlough to ease the build up later in the year, they would give twice as much notice as the period of leave required. I had no such communication, and on My Hr holiday calender view it shows they have taken 4 days for each month I've been off, not happy at all. Phoned payroll to sort it on Friday at 4.45 and was told they finish at 5 and were getting ready to go home??? Couldn't see me getting away with that one, finish at 5 work to 5 surely?? Was a person before Lookers took over, then turned into a number.
Pros
Getting out of the branch driving all day.
Cons
Long hrs, daily from 7.30-5 with 1/2 hr lunch, It was tiring as my round almost doubled from 500 miles a week, I'd rather that than work in house, not a nice atmosphere at times..
Worked for a smaller dealer group that lookers bought. Stayed with lookers for almost 2 years and then a director with “small man syndrome” and a chip on his shoulder gave my job to one of his mates!
Pros
Cons
Jobs for mates of management
Management don't care about staff well-being, work conditions or anything else other than making money Lies upon lies told to customers Upselling needlessly making sure to take every possible penny from each customer You are gauranteed to lose the will to live working for this company
Pros
Cons
Lookers PLC
Once I had been offered the job They made me wait a month before I could start then I have a moths worth of on site and off site training e learning and compliance to do before I could even talk to a customer let alone sell a vehicle and start to earn a living ... then we had COVID and lockdown. I was ferloughed. As I understand this was the government wanting to protect jobs .... guess what . For maid redundant before I even got back to work .waas sopped
Pros
Cons
The company is in free fall !!
The hours are long, the enforced overtime, to get warranty invoicing completed for dealerships so they hit their targets and get bonus, when we get nothing, the constant bullying to perform, your immediate supervisors have no training in management and do not have a clue how to deal with staff, verbally abused or humiliated into submission, staff morale zero, the usual cut & paste response from HR to reviews that lookers do not tolerate bullying and will investigate is rubbish, my colleagues and I made complaints still waiting for a response 4 months later after investigation carried out even though company handbook states you would receive a written response, not a pleasant environment to have to spend 10 hours a day.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Supervisors
Sometimes there were just not enough hours in the day. How different the car business is to commercials Management very car sales focused Trying to get the sales team to work with the aftersales department Achieving my targets.
Good company to work for, if I have ever had any problems my manager try’s to fix them straight away. Good choice of company cars, decent amount of holiday days.
Worked for ford 25 years, should never allow lookers to care for their brand, dont care about customer needs, takes 4 to 5 weeks to book in, aftersales disgusting attitudes, just DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS. They forget its the customer who pays your bills
Plenty of career opportunities for the right people, Good Management structure. Have really looked after staff in the current climate. Good Pay structure
Vauxhall brand within lookers at the moment is very flawed, work life balance is awful but you'd bare with it if the money was good right? the money side is worst, ÂŁ50 a car ÂŁ25 a product 15k basic, when i first started in lookers i was selling 30-50 cars in the big months and making very good money. They changed the salary structure so many times they've beaten it to death, Don't come to lookers if you want to make money, they take every opportunity to screw you out of the money you could make, Years ago i was making easily 40k a year right now I'm lucky to be hitting 30k and that's being generous. The only reason I've stuck around so long is the relaxed environment and the managers as its run with very nice people, I've made friends for life just struggle for the amount of work I'm putting in to the reward you get out. You'r asked a lot of and get nothing in return steer clear!
Left to find your own way from the start and have manager that make favourites in the work staff and bully the younger sales team ....... if you ask for help FORGET ABOUT A REPLY BACK
  1. Employee reviews