Lorien

Lorien Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Supportive

contracting at Vodafone. Lorien has an onsite office, they were prompt to solve most issues. Could even interface with Vodafone on your behalf at end of contract. Lorien Christmas parties and activities independent of Vodafone.

Sressful Workplace

If you really enjoy recruitment and that type of culture then this is a good place for you. Onsite and offsite are very different so it is hard to give a full review.

Insights into Lorien

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

The Work Place

They have personnel on the ground at Vodafone and they are family with Vodafone. They try represent their agency staff. They respect diversities. The team at the office are approachable and available.

Good but no progression

Screening CV's, interviewing candidates, prepping CV's, speaking to managers. Hardest part was securing roles and finding reliable candidates. I really enjoyed the pressure and fast paced environment,.

A great place to work and build a career

I've worked for the company for almost 10 years and can honestly say that it has changed my life. What makes Lorien so great are the people that you work alongside, who do so well at staying a tight-knit community within such a competitive and hard marketplace. The senior management team have all worked their way through the ranks and have created a culture of honesty and integrity. Lorien rewards those who take accountability and responsibility for their role in the organisation both financially, via promotion and incentive.

Pros

People, Culture, Rewards

N/a

N/A - great role, company needs to provide more training on people with less recruitment experience

A stepping stone to a real job

Be careful if you are successful in securing a role with bae systems applied intelligence. They aren't shy at reducing the salary despite advertising the salary at a higher rate. The SOC ops manager doesn't actually know how to run a SOC or even what SOC stands for (you'll see what I mean at interview). Training is pretty much non existent, career progression is pretty much the same unless you move to Guildford. Ask yourself this, why would a company need to recruit 5 security analysts? It's because of poor working conditions which leads to high staff turnover. Beware of this company, on paper it looks great but you'll more than likely not want to stay more than 3 months.

Pros

Good salary, prestigious name

Cons

Management, working processes

Great company to work for (GSK)

a typical day at work - start at 9am, receive reports for Sarbanes Oxley reports of logging failures, contact managers via phone and email of failed logging users to confirm user is not trying to access financial servers incorrectly, track and audit all logging failures, finished at 6pm what you learned - i learnt how to deal with Sarbanes Oxley reports, how to deal with high level management and how to work in an office environment. management - really nice people, very funny and looked after all staff your co-workers - were and really funny and down to earth group, have become really close friends outside of work. the hardest part of the job - trying to contact busy management for confirmation on users the most enjoyable part of the job - loved the job, got to work with really nice and helpful staff

Pros

Great staff, great company, got to work from home, got to meet lots of great people

Cons

work got outsourced to Poland and job came to an end

Productive and fun workplace

Started off as working as a recruitment resourcer in the IT field in the contract sales department. My change in career was due to a dead end and no progression opportunity in Insurance where the bulk of my experience lay, I decided to try something more challenging. After a year of resourcing, I was promoted to a Consultant where my everyday job involves pro-active sales calls, lead generation, networking and headhunting for new candidates, pre-screening candidates, upkeep of database records, producing quality advertisements for the Internet, organising interviews and taking candidates through the interview process, delivering and closing offers, and handling any objections thrown to me by clients and candidates.

Pros

interacting with people

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lorien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lorien with

Learn about Lorien in popular locations

• Lorien