Loughborough College

Loughborough College Employee Reviews

Confusing and unsupported security policy

Wrote 2800 parking tickets in 3 months, not a single fine was collected. Uncoordinated policy that was followed by security but not enforced by Estates Management or Policy signees. Pointless job with students having no regard for security personnel or the enforcement of site policy. Really glad that it was temporary.

Wouldn't recommend anyone work there

Not a very nicer place to work definitely favouritism exists Atmosphere non productive and plenty of back stabbing Very unfullfilling job no job satisfaction All in all would not recommend

Pros

No pros

Cons

Bad atmosphere two faced staff just basically not a good place too work

Stay away

Worst college to work for. Extremely poor management, unfriendly and unsupportive. Poor pay and pay gaps exist. Management rude and lack empathy or sympathy.

Pros

Teaching

Cons

Management, environment, support, beauracratic, unfriendly, cold, admin support not great

Would highly recommend

Excellent collaborative working environment. Constant support from others, with good facilities equipment available. Always looking to progress with sporting connections and offer work to staff.

Not very nice place to work

Very uncomfortable working environment Very unreliable members of staff Favouritism is very openly seen Treated like children instead of mature adults

Bit of a chore

An ok place, yet needs to be more organised and forward thinking. Slow in moving forward. Nice people, and friendly. Can be stressful in the classroom.

Awful place

Too negative and toxic. Everyone is in your business and they are judgemental. The salary for an NQT is the best part about it. I have worked at better colleges.

good place to work for

very good place to work for the staff are very friendly and help full get on well with every body the pace is good as you work in other arears of the coll when people are sick or on holiday for a week or two

Productive environment

Management often difficult and unsupportive. Students generally a pleasure to work with and many members of excellent staff. Training and progression options available

Productive and Fun Workplace

Working here has been a fantastic experience. I'm training to be a teacher and the help that I've had from my mentor and other teachers in the team has been invaluable. All of the teachers in my office really care about helping their learners progress while also doing all that they can to support them with non-educational needs. Further to this they have superb specialist subject knowledge and the ability to deliver this in a proficient and enjoyable manner.

Pros

Supportive environment

Jobs at Loughborough College

See more jobs

Well run institution

The college obviously benefits from having spent its financial resources well. It is large but sensibly divided so that departments can function effectively and with a degree of autonomy. The college has clear expectations of its purpose and this is reflected in the attitude and behaviour of its learners.

Pros

The students

Cons

Some contracts are sessional only

Unsure what the future of the college will be

They could not commit to any future plans or commitments due to possible merge & I had spent 3 years qualifying for a management degree. I needed the college to offer me progression opportunity to use what I had studied for.

Pros

Gym

Cons

Pay to park & not guaranteed a space

Good work / life balance

Provide good working hours and generally a pleasant place to work. Minimal opportunities for further development and training. Lack of advancement opportunities.

Pros

flexible working

Cons

no advancement

Long distance course

I did these 4 courses at home whilst undertaking a full time job. My mentor regularly visited to check how I was getting on and if I needed help. Would recommend.

fun

This was a very fun experience for me, it gave me a good overview of what it is like to work in the catering industry. it also gave me something to put on my CV that makes me stand out.

Unstable managment structure,Limited Opotunaty to Feedback Usefull Infomation.

During my employment in the estates department at Loughborough College I have experienced job satisfaction in providing what I feel is a important service to those using the college along with a team of friendly and enthusiastic peers. However in the time that I been in employment at the college the manager of the estates team has changed six times. as a result of this I don't always feel that the employees are as supported and valued as they should be.

Pros

Friendly team of peers with a strong work ethic.

Cons

Unstable managment structure within the estates department.

excellent centre for sport

a good balance of education and sport for the stduents. use of local football clubs and schools to build the college and its sporting status. excellent staff.

Amazing

Was a student here and not long left. Awesome place! Had two work placements since I have been here. The staff here are very friendly, and you can tell theey enjoy what they do.

Pros

Friendly staff

Educational

As it was a college course I benefitted a lot from it. I got a certificate in food safety. I would only get to go on Mondays and some weeks we'd do theory and others we did practical.

strict and impersonal

treated like i was working in a prison camp . Cleaners are not allowed a break .you are not allowed to speak your mind .the manager is a joke he had no interest in the cleaners unless you had done something wrong.not a very nice place to work.

Pros

Cons

treated like a number not a person

RNIB The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The students make the job worthwhile. Clicky staff, management are not consistent with their decisions. I'd give it a swerve unless you are in the in crowd! Good luck!

Pros

Bell Bar

Cons

Forward planning is called fire fighting!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loughborough College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement