Loughborough University

Loughborough University Employee Reviews

All about research at Loughborough University. The research was carried out by me under the supervision of line managers. The work place was good and friendly but challenging. I enjoy all part of my work/research at Loughborough.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Training to acquire a PhD
Loveliest people from a multitude of backgrounds who are all so understanding no matter what your age or previous experience. Everyone is treated fairly and the pay is amazing!
Pros
free dinners with catering and free use of the swimming pool with lifeguarding
Cons
catering can be repetitive but is still enjoyable with interactions
Enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately left due to travelling from Nottingham. Great facilities and opportunities to develop yourself further. Sports facilities are brilliant too.
A lot of growth. I was well equipped after my time at the university to work in a full time job. I am competent and ready for a job in the business/financial field.
Being a student at Loughborough University is great. Being constantly encouraged and guided to create new innovative and exciting designs daily. A great environment to work in.
I enjoyed my time working with Loughborough University. It has a good work culture as whole management seems to be taking the establishment in the right direction. Once you get used to the area, the job becomes very enjoyable.
The football club promotes the development of younger players with a balance of experiencing mens football and playing against academy teams. Man U, Liverpool, Tottenham, England u21's etc.
Enjoyable time spent coordinating several leagues and working with students, staff and referees to provide a high level of customer service to those who participated in the leagues.
My daily routine at Loughborough University as a hospitality assistant is very hard work. I have my own floor of 8 showers 8 toilets 5 kitchen amd 42 bedrooms clean during a weekly basis. I love to keep my area to a high standard of cleaning as customers are the students and pay alot of money to cone and study to be a great team member and to make the students feel happy. happyamend happy ansns
lots of help when needed and a great culture to study in. facilities are fantastic and the staff really seem to care about student welfare. no surprise to me thats its one of the best unis in the UK.
A beautiful campus that is green and well maintained. All staff seem friendly and helpful and such polite students!! Great careers Network and facilities for students.
Incredible experience would recommend that anyone goes there. Plenty of societies and sports clubs available. Made friends for life there and gained some amazing memories.
Working days of my choice, directing visitors around the university campus and answering any queries they had regarding the university based on my own experiences
LU is an excellent employer. Flexible working Good colleagues. Friendly place to work. Great management. Lots of opportunities to develop. Enjoyed many years.
Pros
The campus.
Cons
None.
• Have been awarded Ambassador of the week in August 2018. • I helped pupils with their activities on science activity day, engineering experience day • I was in the media team of School Games 2018. • During Applicant Days for students, I conduct tours of the campus, meeting and greeting students and their guests and generally answer any questions they have regarding the University, student life and opportunities students have once they arrive. All theses helped me develop communication skills and confidence.
This is university not a job so most of the time you are attending lectures and sitting exams which is a good way to connect with peers and build relationships
Being a student ambassador is really nice part time job to balance with your respective course. Colleagues are other students within your departments; and therefore, is very relaxed.
Loughborough University is in itself one of the most dynamic and inspiring places in the East Midlands. Global leader of sports studies and rising up the University charts it ticks all the boxes from a student perspective. Working here on the other hand is not quite as inspiring. In order to progress you very much have to be in the right 'clique', and motivation for staff is minimal, often expected to add more and more to the working day with no return or reward (or even thanks). Don't let this review put you off, it has it's moments of being a great place to work, it's just a shame that sometimes the level of intelligence from the middle-management team leaves a lot to be desired.... Pays well for what is expected of you.
Pros
Great people, inspiring atmosphere
Cons
Poor leadership
The University is well known with many academic schools all on one site. Many changes have taken place including job security. If you work hard and have the time to give the company 110%, then this is for foryou.
Pros
Good group of people
Cons
Staff numbers have reduced
It is a good friendly place to work. It is situated in the small town of Loughborough. It is a peaceful town. Everything is within walkable reach. The university has good sports facility.
Pros
sports
Worked closely with students to solve computer vision programming problem Modified existing programming code to correct errors, adapt to improve performance Implemented process management system using Matlab