Loughborough University
Happiness score is 73 out of 100

Loughborough University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom105 reviews

Good to get in experience

It wasn't the most exciting place to work and there was a lot of expected overtime. However, paid the bills and a fairly comfortable job. Just not one for the long term

Great people to work alongside, everybody is very friendly

The pay is not enough to live on , always known to be a good paying company and now only pay minimum wage . People on long term sick or that are not productive in their roles means others have to pick up the slack , which leads to low staff morale . Heavy workload at times with not enough hours in the day . Summer tends to be the busiest time .

Insights into Loughborough University

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Really suportive and nice approachable management/ supervisors.Always had clear understaning of what i had to do.Relaxed and inclusive workplace culture.Always paid on time

Fun Place to Learn

Best University to get your degree from and getting the exposure to meet different people from different cultures and backgrounds. Loved studying here and working too.

Fun

It was a good first part-time job experience. Good pay and flexible timings. Would encourage other student to take up part time work as a student helper/ambassador at the university.

Degrading environment to work in

Made to feel that I was not pulling my weight, weekly reviews highlighting what I was doing wrong and unmanageable workloads to complete. No support from management, eventually I left as the work environment was getting toxic and demoralising. I was only staff from BAME background in the office and often caught staff talking about/making fun of 'my' ethnic background when they thought I wasn't around. Very sad but very true.😞

Pros

Cons

Lots

PhD research

All about research at Loughborough University. The research was carried out by me under the supervision of line managers. The work place was good and friendly but challenging. I enjoy all part of my work/research at Loughborough.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Training to acquire a PhD

Inclusive and Encouraging atmosphere

Loveliest people from a multitude of backgrounds who are all so understanding no matter what your age or previous experience. Everyone is treated fairly and the pay is amazing!

Pros

free dinners with catering and free use of the swimming pool with lifeguarding

Cons

catering can be repetitive but is still enjoyable with interactions

Very good

Enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately left due to travelling from Nottingham. Great facilities and opportunities to develop yourself further. Sports facilities are brilliant too.

Suitable career development

A lot of growth. I was well equipped after my time at the university to work in a full time job. I am competent and ready for a job in the business/financial field.

Helpful and collaborative workplace.

Being a student at Loughborough University is great. Being constantly encouraged and guided to create new innovative and exciting designs daily. A great environment to work in.

Nice Place to Work

I enjoyed my time working with Loughborough University. It has a good work culture as whole management seems to be taking the establishment in the right direction. Once you get used to the area, the job becomes very enjoyable.

Amazing University

The football club promotes the development of younger players with a balance of experiencing mens football and playing against academy teams. Man U, Liverpool, Tottenham, England u21's etc.

Productive and fun workplace

Enjoyable time spent coordinating several leagues and working with students, staff and referees to provide a high level of customer service to those who participated in the leagues.

Hospitality Assistant at Loughborough University

My daily routine at Loughborough University as a hospitality assistant is very hard work. I have my own floor of 8 showers 8 toilets 5 kitchen amd 42 bedrooms clean during a weekly basis. I love to keep my area to a high standard of cleaning as customers are the students and pay alot of money to cone and study to be a great team member and to make the students feel happy. happyamend happy ansns

Great studying environment

lots of help when needed and a great culture to study in. facilities are fantastic and the staff really seem to care about student welfare. no surprise to me thats its one of the best unis in the UK.

Productive and friendly

A beautiful campus that is green and well maintained. All staff seem friendly and helpful and such polite students!! Great careers Network and facilities for students.

Amazing university

Incredible experience would recommend that anyone goes there. Plenty of societies and sports clubs available. Made friends for life there and gained some amazing memories.

Additional Work

Working days of my choice, directing visitors around the university campus and answering any queries they had regarding the university based on my own experiences

Excellent employer

LU is an excellent employer. Flexible working Good colleagues. Friendly place to work. Great management. Lots of opportunities to develop. Enjoyed many years.

Pros

The campus.

Cons

None.

Gained experience

• Have been awarded Ambassador of the week in August 2018. • I helped pupils with their activities on science activity day, engineering experience day • I was in the media team of School Games 2018. • During Applicant Days for students, I conduct tours of the campus, meeting and greeting students and their guests and generally answer any questions they have regarding the University, student life and opportunities students have once they arrive. All theses helped me develop communication skills and confidence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loughborough University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement