Lowell
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Lowell

Lowell Employee Review

Stress

Good work life balance and good working hours with flexible hybrid working. However, a very stressful job in a stressful industry. No pay rise in line with inflation or current cost of living.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Depends on the department you work in.

I worked within Customer Relations as a CRO, and initially (in the first 18 months), it was a great role & my colleagues within CR were fantastic. There was a buzz in the department, friendly & enjoyable banter, positive working relationships between management and CROs, and no pressure even when complaint numbers had reached 2000. Then Covid hit, and there was change in Customer Relations management. CR deteriorated fast, TLs were hired from different departments instead of directly from within CR, as was the 'Head of Customer Relations' role. This resulted in negative morale, favouritism with "the boys" due to the new 'Head of' being a "lads lad", and this led to CROs holding grudges against those that benefited from said-favouritism. Pressure was rife due to the decisions made by the new 'Head of', and led to a number of CROs to leave, and has left CR with too few CROs for the work that is needed to be done. Lowell should be hiring TLs for CR, directly from within CR. I would not work for Lowell again, simply because senior management has no understanding of the complaints process, or how much work goes into investigating the complaints they want escalated because they've received a few emails personally from customers with "threats". CR is not taken seriously enough within Lowell, and that's reflected through the salary that is paid. Its a ridiculously low salary for what is expected, as you're also doing Disputes job because QA believes it's CRs job to do both. My personal TL was fantastic, and they and my team were the only reasons I stayed as long as I did after working -

Pros

N/a

Cons

Poor management both senior and within Customer Relations
Same roleSame location

Do not believe the hype

After initial training, all the talk relating to 'investors in people' stops. Workload takes priority and organised/structured training takes a (very) back seat. Progression is almost non-existant, positions have been filled before they are 'advertised' and most transfers between departments occur when a manager wants rid of a person and they are owed a favour by the recipient!

Official response from Lowell

26 May 2020
Hi,Thanks for the review, all feedback is important in helping us improve. We are very passionate about being Investors in People and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We’re really proud that our colleagues help us achieve this.We want all colleagues to feel happy in their role and benefit from the training, so if you ever need extra support we’re always here to help. We have recently launched Lowell 23 to further improve the career and skill development opportunities available. Hopefully this will help everyone work towards their career aspirations.Thanks.
Same location

Was a good place

Since the change of the Ceo and directors lowell is all about cost cutting, it's like being a in prison no freedom manager's are like hawks can't go toilet without them asking where are you. Calls are stressful they expect you to take another call straight away, keep away at all costs

Pros

Cons

Hard customers. Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lowell with

Lowell reviews by location

Learn about Lowell in popular locations

• Lowell