Lowri Beck

Lowri Beck Employee Reviews

General office staff were lovely and the job was straight forward after a while. Pay doesn't change depending on age but you're treated with less respect by managers if you are younger. Manager and HR awkward about everything. Payslips never make sense. Absences aren't tolerated. Not lenient on hours you work/changing contracts
Pros
Nice staff in office
Cons
Everything else
Nothing good really to say about this company.After 10 years you are still a number. To much pressure from managers, they need to know everything step by step, any 5../10 min gap on your route needs to be justify.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Almost everything
The only positive I can mention is the brilliant and talented logistics staff in which I made good friends with. Unfortunately they have to persevere with management of the stores which is so incompetent; it has to be witnessed to be believed. The knowledgeable logistics has saved the day on many occasions with no thanks whatsoever and the management has the gall to claim the glory to enhance their own brownie pints. The staff are told many lies on the false pretext that the management is their friend. The stores have provably run 100% better and are so much relaxed when management is not there. How his superiors have not picked up on this, god only knows! But then again the higher management do not venture in the stores and treat the logistics staff like something at the bottom of their shoe. I actually enjoyed working there because of the good people I worked with, despite logistics being on minimum wages. The one star I have given represents the management of the company which still believes in nepotism and favouritism over professionalism. The compliance and integrity they preach and promote is none existent. I was made redundant in a disgusting unfair manner but this is not sour grapes, it is a fair reflection. At this moment in time, the stores are an absolute shambles due to shocking management.
Pros
Good Colleagues to work with
Cons
Amateur Management
Not a good company to work for , never apply there you will be in trouble. Training centre in wigan not really good. Overall experience not good . Do not apply try different companies.
Cons
Poor management
I worked for LB for 4 years and would still be there now if not for the redundancies that many people had to suffer. If you move into the right department it is a great place to work and they do offer all vacancies to everyone so you can apply for anything. The contact centre can be repetitive work but the people make it more enjoyable and the Team Leaders will help you all they can. Working on the training team was great and rewarding and the team was an amazing group and really helps you develop skills as well as helping to develop the skills of others.
Pros
Great people, great managers and team leaders, good pay in some departments
Cons
Redundancy
Managers who showed a lot of empathy, who allowed time off at short notice for family reasons. Constantly asking if they could do anything else to help
Pros
Good salary
Cons
On call
Kind and helpful, wonderful staffing. If you need help at work there are people you call and they talk you through about any issues. All colleagues are very helpful and they help you with any situations.
Cons
unfortunately a very unprofessional company to work for. Very stressful to work for these people, in fact they should be shut down. The management is incompetent.
Pros
Stressful, no job security, undermining the employees all the time
Cons
non
Joined LB two years ago and promised the earth by the managers at interview. Wasn’t aware ( my mistake for lack of research) company was heavily in debt but a merger with the Calvin group promised much expansion and job security especially involving EV installation.This month I was made redundant, the company stating they cannot afford to keep on highly trained engineers in the North as they have not been able to secure contracts and have managed to lose substantial contracts probably because their terrible IT / out of date equipment and lack of ability to secure decent contracts in the North.Recently made 250 staff, many of which had many years loyal service and highly skilled staff redundant. Seceral staff taking legal action and or in the middle of appeals. Totally disorganised got rid of Fleet management and many vans sitting on drives of redundant engineers.Managers create an atmosphere of fear, if you make the slightest mistake you are stood down pending investigation. Gas technicall manager based in Wigan has a reputation that goes before him and likes to get engineers stood down at the slightest opportunity. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Van ( old) tools, company schemes nobody uses
Cons
As above don’t waste your time
I’m happy at lowri beck. It’s a friendly and exciting company to work for. With new challenges every day. I work with a good team. And I try to achieve my best every day
Pros
Team work
Working long distances clocking up miles on own car no benefits for car allowances except petrol Dangerous situations ie dogs, violence and abuse from customers
Pros
Working on own outside
Cons
Car
As above manager was first class in my area always done things to help and plenty of back up with some good Smt to help with any issues on jobs with electric
Pros
Job and finish
Cons
Call out
I love working with my team but the higher management is poor and the wage is low for the work requested and lack of benefits to even the wage issues.
Forever on the phone hurrying you up, or checking how long before you finish. When you think that the day is over, I was always asked if I would take on another job. No consideration was given to the distance that you had to travel between jobs - if google says its 10 minutes drive - then why has it taken you 30 ?? Other engineers were a great bunch and always willing to assist. Great job satisfaction when it goes well but can be very stressful when it goes badly. Interview was easy, they desperately needed people.
Pros
Good vans
Cons
call outs & warrants
Not a good work place to much pressure and to many managers telling u wrong things and disrespect u with reading and writing difficulties and all management seam to turn there phones of at two and not answer your calls
A great place to work, friendly atmosphere. The management were very supportive of me when I expressed my desire to take on a different role within the company. Something I achieved.
Tolerable if you're brain dead, if you actually have any level of intelligence or brain function then you may struggle with the monotonous flawed structure you're presented with on a daily basis.
Pros
the people in the same boat as you, will always understand.
Cons
Everything else.
Been working for them for 3 years in warehouse in Weston super Mare as a logistics assistant, made redundant and promised redundancy pay, the day before I was to be paid they said they weren't paying it, total liars.
Pros
Cons
Everything about them
All I can say is I strongly advise you to stay away from Lowribeck!! Management are awful they constantly keep things a secret you never know what’s going on. Pay is awful and expected to deal with things that you shouldn’t be.
Constantly contradicting there procedures no regards for health and safety bonus schemes totally unreachable force employees to lie to customers in order to meet there yearly targets
Lowri Beck is going through a considerable amount of change at the moment. Although this is challenging at present, the plans being presented are all positive and focused on ensuring Lowri Beck is a great place to work. There are lots of new talent joining the business during this time and bringing great experience to the team.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Support, Location for transport, Friendly
Cons
Minimal benefits package, Mulitple site locations
  1. Employee reviews