LTE Group

• Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Management spoil the place

So many decent people work for lte group / Novus who are amazing people To work with and be around. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for those at management level. They are rude, disrespectful and always seem to have it in for staff below their pay scale. This is for all managers I have come across at LTE group bar none!

Great work environment

Management is really supportive and encourages development. People in the head office are very helpful and friendly. People really enjoy working there.

Pros

Remote work durin lockdown

Cons

very hard work and not appreciated

Old fashioned micro managed, you do not have a voice. big greedy company all that matters is ticking the boxes and making money, nothing to do with education. Managers are toxic and cause divide in staff. Some very focussed and dedicated teachers unfortunately bully tactics, conquer and divide management style has meant most of the experienced, excellent, staff have left. The only good thing about this company is the pay, after a few years and job security but it is a very difficult environment to work in, especially when the management want to dictate and control.

Pros

good pension, reasonable wage

Cons

constantly growing workload, shift of goal posts and expectations without being appreciated

Toxic, stressful and xenophobic culture.

Poor institution. Education is not a priority - yet an ALPS grade is of utmost importance. Old staff stick together and overburden new recruits.As most new staff members do not last very long at all! Learners are indulged at the expense of teachers.Worst place to work. All benefits are below adequate and by no means make up for the workload and passive aggressive nature of management and colleagues. Avoid this place. Sad excuse of an establishment

Pros

Cons

Everything from staff, management to learners.

Overworked, underpaid and ignored by management

The prison received this contract to provide education to their prisoners. The staff that work for Novus are a dedicated and highly caring bunch who work in an often stressful secure environment. They do this because they believe the men deserve the best education, training and employment opportunities. However, their expertise is wasted as Novus do not treat their staff with respect. You will be overworked, underpaid, micromanaged and your concerns will not be taken seriously. Be prepared to be expected to do the job of 2 or 3 people with very little support yet be constantly pestered to meet targets. Management seem to be out of touch and unaware, or unconcerned, at issues regarding procedures, targets or workload and are solely concerned with reporting their apparent efficiency to commissioners.

Pros

Caring and dedicated colleagues

Cons

Unachievable workload

Toxic environment

One of the most toxic work environments I have ever had the misfortune to be in. You go above and beyond your role on a daily basis to ensure the students get the basics of what they need to achieve and any rewards are given to management and not the staff actually doing the job. Colleagues and managers can be trusted to lie about you when pressured.

Pros

Teachers /Tutors and support workers really want to do their best

Cons

Toxic and bullying environment and insecure incompetent management

Waste of Taxpayers Money

What a shame that this company won the latest contract, such a lot of hard work and progress undone in a small amount of time. The regional management are spineless and petty with backstabbing a major problem; all three of them have proven that they are not to be trusted. The prison governors are waiting patiently to find a way of removing this sham of a company so that the damage is limited. The main instigator of this discord is the director of the WM contract who is a spiteful, cold and unforgiving shell of a woman who has instigated the removal of so many good people through personal vendettas. One solid piece of advice, take a look away from this group and try another College if you really want to work in this environment.

Pros

Cons

Culture of mistrust

Poor Regional Managers

I spent five years working as a functional skills teacher with a different College and everything was fine, we all felt supported and could approach anyone in the local and regional management team; then Novus made a dubious bid for the contract and won. Since getting their hands on the new delivery contract there has been a constant flow of good hardworking staff leaving because of the vile atmosphere created by a small group of incompetent regional managers. Avoid.

Fun workplace, not a lot of opportunity for growth within

Company and employees genuinely desire to provide a good platform for the betterment of children and adult students. Management tends to be based upon experience rather than ability which has led to a certain amount of incompetence amongst all departments when it comes to dealing with people in charge. Not a lot of room for growth within the organisation but the time you spend there is worth it in terms of pay and well being.

Absolute worst company I have ever worked for

I was only in an admin role, I am not going Into details but I developed metal health issues (breakdown) and was fired as was under probation. There is a bulling atmosphere and confidential information is openly discussed in public. There are some fantastic people who work there but there are also some of the worst people I have every worked with.

Poor Management

The management have big egos and little ideas, they are a racist company. Production workers rule the company, very negative to new ideas. Horrible place to work, it’s like stepping back in time, old machinery. Do not work at LTE, it will stress you out and effect your mental health.

Hard-working culture

This company has so much potential. My team was fabulous and I loved working as part of a wider team with a common purpose. There are many great people here with integrity and passion.

Good Work/Life Balance

My working day would be managed by myself and not micro-managed in any way. I learned lots about the commercial side of business after the merger and the move to become a group organisation. My management was always good and had a great relationship with most of them, though politics started to affect the way we worked in the end and we spent a lot more time focusing on policies and procedures than actually doing the job in the end. I loved the people and the cat and mouse nature of my role that varied each day. Overall I enjoyed my 20 years there.

Pros

Great pension and excellent facilities

Cons

Politics and bureaucracy started to spoil my enjoyment

Good Place To Work

it was a good place to work, and i was learning great however if the site manager didn't like you, you were doomed. I unfortunately had 2 family members in hospital in the same week, one being my child this wasn't taken into consideration.

Productive place to work

Great workplace culture, enjoyable job, great place to work. The organisation lives by its the values of One Team, Sustainability, Can do, Always improving and Integrity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LTE Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4

2.3Job security/advancement
  • LTE Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?