LUBBORN CHEESE LTD

LUBBORN CHEESE LTD Employee Reviews

Production area. This job is like working in a 25 degree heated gym. It's very hot and very heavy work. Very constant work. It's suits a young man in his 20s with no gf or kids. Who wants to work any hours and doesn't care what the hours are. From one week to the next.If that's you, you can earn decent money here. As there is lots and lots of work available. They give you the rota on a Thursday for your hours the following week. So not much time to plan. They have a clock machine on your breaks.The heaviest task is turning cheese. Flipping 20kg trays in the air for about 4 hours a day. All tasks there are heavy and cause pain to your back.They can put you on any shift each week and even make you work saturday morning. Normally you will work until 730pm/830pm a few times a week. If there is a machine problem they expect you to stay on to catch up. Everyone signs a flexible contract to be available Monday to Friday for 40 hours work. Hourly rate is decent. The overtime pay is very good. But they try their best to only give people 40 hours. So they don't pay time and a half. There is a huge turnover of staff as people normally last 1 day as its so hot and heavy and walk out. So normally they are short of staff each day. Avoid if you don't like to work in heavy hot environments and you don't want your back to hurt for an hour after work each night.They provide some free cheese and dairy related items. For the staff from time to time. The staff on the shopfloor are all decent guys.
Pros
Good job for young man no kids.
Cons
VERY hot and VERY heavy work.
Official response from LUBBORN CHEESE LTD
11 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a detailed review. We are sorry that your experience was not positive and clearly not what you had expected.The hot conditions you describe are necessary for the manufacture of our products, as is the frequent turning of the trays of cheese. Not all tasks, however, are either this uncomfortable or physically demanding, with some tasks being carried out in much cooler conditions and requiring less physical strength.We endeavour to ensure that all new entrants, whether permanent or agency staff, are fully aware of the physical and environmental demands of the role, and we do our best to ensure that new starters are introduced gradually to those more demanding tasks. We find that individuals do become accustomed to the requirements and frequent job rotation ensures that heavier tasks are evenly shared. Employees generally stay with us a long time, with 50% of the team having between 13 and 20 years’ service. We offer generous rates of pay, and a range of other benefits of which the cheese box is just one. We understand and appreciate the hard work of all our staff and agency workers and try to show our thanks in a number of ways.
Job is very heavy in very hot condition. Over 25 degrees for at least 8 hours of your day. In the main task you need to turn/lift/flip ova cheeses in 15kg plus trays. It's required to lift around 1600 trays of 15kg per day. Plus other tasks all in hot conditions and all have wear and tear on the back for the remaining 5/6 hours of your shift. My back hurt lots too much. Your expected to stay on if you havi delays for an hour after your rota time. The only give you your rota for the next week on a Friday morning. The can rota you on any hours they like Monday to Friday. As you sign flexible contract Monday to Fridays. They don't do shift work. They have a clock machine on the break time. They do give some nice cheeses for free for the staff sometimes. Hourly rate was good and overtime rate was good. I would recommend job for young person who want to make lot of money. I leave because work was too heavy for my back.
Pros
Ideal for young fit single man with no kids or partner
Cons
Very hot and very heavy work.
Lubborn cheese is not a nice place to work. You are pushed until breaking point. Site manager is horrible Feel like your working on a chain gang. Not nice atmosphere.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Don’t care about employees
I am not satisfied with the work, because there is dishonest, not fair, humiliation, using people for hard work, letting people leave home that there is no work, constantly dismissing that there is no job.
The typical day in this job I could disribe as cooperation people and departments follow by plan. I learned a cuple of thing in this place as set up a some of the packing machine and specification of product which is mould cheese. There is mamagment staff as well which organize the job for other members of team. The company employs about 60 employees from few countries. The hardest part of the job is when we have a problem with comunication, the most enjoyable when reach our the goals
The lubborn cheese is a good place to work the managers are people of good treatment, the benefits are excellent the payment is monthly which brings even more benefits, the work environment could improve in my opinion.
Pros
salary
Cons
work envoirement
  1. Employee reviews