Lucion Services

Lucion Services Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom26 reviews

staffcompanyworkgoodworkingdaymanagementtime

Good, progressive company to work for

I Have been with Lucion for over 5 years now and I have only good things to say about them....well the bad things are small and more procedural and are hi lighted by the workforce on nexgen our all encompassing software and actioned as a result improving efficiency.I have personally been through bad times in recent years and lucion have supported me through this to a point that I don't think a lot of employers would go to.The company is fast growing and ever expanding into new fields so positions are always popping up for those who wish to progress their careers.I'll leave it there but if you're looking for secure employment where you're treated like a valued employee look no further.

Pros

Remote working, managing your own daily workload

Cons

Have to buy your own work trousers

Great, place to work. People are lovely and genuine

Lucion is an interesting place to work, no 2 days are the same. I work with lots of people from different teams across the UK and everyone is engaged and wants to help everyone else succeed and grow the business. The culture at Lucion is very positive and rewards people who show initiative and aren't afraid of change.

Insights into Lucion Services

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Make sure it's the right fit

I have worked for Lucion for around a year now and like most companies it has its positives and negatives. The company is large and with a fairly regimented structure meaning it can take some time to get to the right person to deal with the enquiry or issue you may have. Saying that once you do get to the right person they do what they can to help. Due to its size the company uses social media and chat platforms to communicate information and keep staff updated - this does lack the personal touch and I have gone weeks without actually speaking to a manager. I'm told that Pre-Covid there were regular team meetings regionally where you could attend and meet others although in these times it's limited to meeting others on 2 man jobs a lot of the time.I have been in the industry for nearly 20 years now on big and small firms, holding site and manager roles (now back to site based) and have to say the technology and development is second to none here with their own in house software and development team.The work is varied, interesting and challenging for the most part in my experience thus far although you do find yourself on occasion having a bit of a runaround with smaller jobs. In summary, I like working here, the autonomy and lack of micro management suits me as an employee. My workload has at no point been excessive and I have often received more time to complete works where required. There are areas they can improve but from what I have seen they are working on them.However if you are happier recieving constant individual feedback then it may not be the place for -

Pros

Autonomy, workloads, technology and development.

Cons

Communication.

A very modern approach to risk managment. There is opportunity to earn a good wage if you put the hours in.

The work load that the company have is massive and for someone such as myself who wants to put the hours in, I can take home way above my salary. Alternatively if racking up hours isn’t for you then you are able to work a steady day to day routine.The managment have always come across professional to me with no agendas. All staff have always been friendly and pleasant to work with.As a lone mobile worker all communication is digital, sometimes you can get slightly detached from personal interaction; however the way the company have integrated social media as a way of running the business keeps you completely in the loop with all company and industry news as well as non-work related social pages.As a current employee, I’m very happy to work here and wouldn’t want to go anywhere else in my profession at this stage in my career.

Relaxed, stress free and no pressure work environment. With understanding management.

Been working at Lucion services for over a year and really enjoy working here as it is very relaxed and stress free, the management is very understanding and caterer to your needs. Work is not pressured to be completed within time frames. Colleagues are professional and helpful if issues occur and very friendly.

Pros

Relaxed and understanding management Local work in the Midlands. Helpful staff and colleagues.

Cons

Planning and organising needs improvement sometimes.

Excellent company to work for

Lucion is a brilliant company to work for. The staff and culture are great. Excellent office facilities and the option to be remote or work flexible hours.

Pros

Staff, offices, retention bonus, remote working.

Great company to be part of

Lucion is always innovating and developing as a business, if you want to work for a fast paced company that's growing then I'd recommend working here!It's a positive and motivating atmosphere to work in and my team is friendly and collaborative, so it's easy to ask for help when needed.My manager is really supportive in ensuring there's a good work-life balance and in giving us opportunities to learn new skills.

Do your research and be sure Lucion is the right choice for you

Mostly I've really enjoyed my time at Lucion, but gradually the environment has became more and more toxic, and the switch was very sudden between loving my job and employer, to resenting my employer and hating my job.As time has gone on there has been quite an evident power struggle between the senior leadership team, as well as a prominent blame culture when someting goes wrong, or when something hasn't been done (usually because no instruction was made for that certain something to be done, however responsibility was never taken by the responsible party).The ground level employees (technical support staff and surveyors / analysts) are underpaid and undervalued for what they do. Lucion continues to give substantial salary increases to unworthy members of the 'Senior Leadership Team', leaving behind the aforementioned guys who actually graft hard every day to make Lucion their money.Personally, suggestions for improvements I have made in the past were listened to and some were implemented before the MD stepped down. Since the change in leadership, acquisition of Askams and the ensuing power struggle suggestions have been shot down to allow for a member of the leadership team's own agenda. And when they have an agenda - that's the way it goes. Work life balance for me personally was just right, that I cannot complain about at all. Salaries are low, and recognition is hard to come by - so if money and recognition motivates you then this isn't the place to be.

Forward Thinking, but Heartless

PROS Great people to work with and social nights out. LifeWorks platform offers discounts and vouchers. The internally developed NexGen app and online system. Can work from home thanks to everything being accessible on Google Drive. CONS With career progression, you will gain extra responsibility and work - but your pay won't necessarily reflect this until a few months down the line (if you're lucky!). Operational changes will be introduced by management/the directors with very little warning or training (i.e. NexPlore, ClickTravel, Management Structures, etc.). Management will say that "their door is always open" and "feedback will be listened too", but 90% of the time you will be ignored and nothing will change/happen. Hardworking, competent, experienced, and loyal staff are often either pushed out the door or just allowed to leave to competitors without a counter-offer.

Asbestos Analyst

The job has been good. Learning new skills and driving long distances. Working night shift as well. Paid monthly and will be paid overtime as well. Use company software inputting data.

Worst company I’ve ever worked for

I would not recommend working for this company, they are far too big of a company to care about all of their employees, one manager name beginning with a B is a bully and has made many members of staff cry. I was made redundant even though I was promised there was enough work in the area which turned out to be false.

Cons

Lucion is a good company to work for, they are innovative and market leaders at what they do. No two days are ever the same and everyone wants to succeed and help the company to drive forward. The staff are fun and friendly and willing to help whenever you need anything. I like how things are always developing, nothing stands still and you get to see how well everything is progressing.

Excellent work ethic and training with a supportive team

My time with Lucion servives, gave me some valuable industry experience. However, I was not able to utilize my academic achievements and moving forward, I want to gain a higher tier position in the environmental/Health and Safety sector, as this is where my passion lies. The job itself was very isolating, and often I felt unchallenged and unmotivated. I feel like I have a big impact to make in a sector I am more passionate about, and educated for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the supportive team environment.

Fast Paced

Lucion is a fast paced company and it does have high expectations from its staff, which is understandable considering we are and want to remain the best in the business. If you perform well you will be rewarded. You are basically your own manager, receiving information of what job you should be doing from your ops manager, and you are just expected to turn up, do a good job and then move on. If you don't perform well, or you take the mick then you will be managed accordingly. You are provided with all tools and equipment needed to do your role, including van and fuel card, and it's your responsibility to ensure your equipment stays in decent nick. Travel time is paid and salary is reasonable. A bonus scheme is in place, and staff will receive a bonus if their region hits target. Colleagues are pleasant and support each other, although due to the autonomous and lone nature of the role, you don't often get the whole team together, I think Lucion is a great place to work. It's simple - if you're a slacker you won't enjoy it here, neither will you last. If you're a grafter and you just want a stable, varied role then Lucion is the place for you.

Pros

Autonomy, Van, Fuel Card, Paid Travel Time, Training & Development, Support

Cons

Communication

Technologically Advanced

No two days are the same and invariably you are not left "in your job box" but are able to work with others to get the job done. Change is a constant, which may put some off a role at Lucion but with change comes opportunity. The company is at a competitive advantage because of its use of technology and is the market leader. The senior management team are visible and are easily approachable. The culture is one which is open and honest; refreshingly so in my opinion.

Pros

Open culture

Cons

Interaction with others is often via technology

Growing and stable company offering great progression opportunities

Lots of structure, training and support was given to me from outset. I was provided with van and all the technical equipment and IT kit that I needed to get on with the work allocated to me. All my colleagues, managers and support staff are friendly, helpful and committed which creates a good team feel.

Pros

Training, support and technologically advanced

Cons

Can involve long days and lots of travel

Awful company

The induction for the job went well with a trip up to Gateshead and Newcastle and the staff at head office were really friendly and helpful. However, it was apparent we were being rushed into sorting all of our documentation and equipment checks just to rush us straight out into work. As I started I was apprehensive as the staff all seemed to be young and less professional than the guys I had worked with previously, then once I started on site it was clear. I spent a summer on the M25 didn't become qualified and was treated poorly by management who lacked understanding and empathy. The projects we were working on were money making pointless jobs with under qualified staff and long hours. On top of working 18 hour days we were expected to work 7 days a week. The manager at the time was forceful, rude and condescending to the staff, who in return all left one by one leaving the particular branch in a completely un-reliable state. My time here lasted all of about 6 weeks before I had enough and found myself at a better company to actually acquire my qualifications and attain the experience I needed. Avoid at all cost.

Pros

Went to Newcastle for induction

Cons

absolutely everything

Too much expectations.

Not the friendliest of management staff, expect you to drive round for hours everyday fitting everything in. Got taken off my exam as I did not fill out a pointless journal. Not a good place to work.

Pros

Free van

Cons

Too much driving, manager isn't nice, overworked

Good place to leave

Good place to learn but not a good place to work. Over worked, under appreciated, pay was ok but definatley did not cover the hours expected to work. Better places to work with better people to work for.

Pros

Good training

Cons

Treated like a child

Demanding

A company that is hugely driven by financial targets and looking to keep control on costs. Targets for management are difficult to achieve, particularly with the high number of changes that are implemented outside your control which usually result in upsetting staff

Pros

Market leader

Cons

Wages

Great place to work...

I've worked at Lucion Services Ltd for two and a half years now, and in that time I've seen the company grow from strength to strength. Because of the growing nature of the company, there have been many opportunities for me to progress my career through promotion and continually develop my skills through training. Lucion is a great company to work for who recognise staff for their hard work. If you don't like change then this company is not for you. Very fast-paced and growing business... Not so much a con!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucion Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement