Ludlow Street Healthcare logo
Ludlow Street Healthcare

Ludlow Street Healthcare Employee Reviews

Avoid like the plague.

I worked with Ludlow a little under 2 years, the first 6 months were great until we got a new manager. Who along with a senior member of staff would ridicule my mental health issues and discuss my private meetings together. Leaving me in an extremely stressful situation, stay in the job I loved doing or leave because of despicable management.

Pros

It's a rewarding job with a sense or purpose.

Cons

Good luck being taken seriously.

Slave like hours,management bullies employees

Most horrible place to work. Extremely poorly managed Hospital. Management bullies staff. Small pay and no staff development activities. Lack of confidentiality among seniors. Everyone knows your business. If a staff is sick they want to replace you immediately.

Awful

Just don’t bother, they don’t care about the staff, even though in training they make you feel like a person not a number, if you become ill, they don’t care, they look after agency staff better than their own

Thankless, mentally exhausting, severely underpaid

Understaffed and underpaid, more useless agency workers than regular staff so you have to do double the amount of back breaking work anyway. Whilst some clients can be lovely to work with, others can be mentally and physically exhausting and no relief is provided. The annual leave is good. Forced to work months on the night shift because elf short staffing - when argued, essentially got told tough luck. For your own sanity AVOID

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay, understaffing

Rewarding job with great colleagues

I have worked with Ludlow Street healthcare for over a decade and I have found the company very passionate and driven for good quality and care for all individuals with complex and challenging mental and health and learning disabilities. Good relationships with area and RI for OCS. Great training days and opportunities to complete valid qualification. Overall a great place to work.

Pros

Good holidays, flexibility and opportunities

Cons

Long hours, demanding at times, pay.

just job

Typical days at work usually very busy,I learned a lot about special needs people,management was OK,workplace OK,hardest part of job -challenging behavior, met a lot of interesting people,the worst in this company was salary- very low.

Avoid Ludlow if you can.

Please avoid working for Ludlow if possible, I was bullied by management, treated with little respect when raising issues about service users and Covid 19. I left as soon as I could, as did many of my colleagues.

Official response from Ludlow Street Healthcare

1 March 2021
I have read your review today and, whilst the challenging conditions that we have had to work under recently will inevitably have had a negative impact on some of our staff’s working experience, your comments caused me concern.We very much regret that your experience has not been good, and I am anxious to understand what has gone wrong here; in particular what issues you raised and to whom.I would really appreciate it if you would contact me in confidence at ChiefExecutive@lshealthcare.co.uk as I would like to ensure we make any amends needed to ensure that this does not happen again.David Lawrence, Chief Executive

Really rewarding to know that you have a positive impact on someones life.

I have worked at Beechwood now for 2 years and I love it. I work there because I genuinely enjoy improving the lives of people less fortunate than myself. Sometimes its hard.... because let's be honest the students live there because they need the help and support of others to help them to be safe, cared for and as independent as they can be. This is not an easy job, but it is really rewarding for those staff that do care and for those that are committed to making a difference to someone's life. The students are all really great.The training offered to all staff is comprehensive and the career progression opportunity is excellent. The support from peers and staff in general is very good and I have made a great many friends through working there.Senior managers are very experienced and very knowledgeable... but most of all they are also very supportive and approachable. It is obvious that the managers that work there have all worked their way up in their roles before becoming managers and so they do understand the difficulties faced by staff and how hard the job of a support worker can sometimes be. I have seen that they are always willing to help if they can.For each 1 hard day you have, you will have 10 great ones and hard work and commitment is freely recognised.

Pros

Career progression, working with the students

Cons

Long hours, care sector is poorly paid

In beechwood college it is a fast working environment, you can really interact with the students.you have to remember you are working with all kinds of special needs adults, so some days like in all jobs its hard work. but its a very rewarding job knowing you have achieved goals with your students.

Pros

working hours

Fast paced and rewarding.

I started at Beechwood College as a support worker having not worked in the same line of work before however the training was fantastic and the staff were very helpful in supporting me to find my bearings. I have since been promoted and again feel extremely supported in my current role- internal progression is available and encouraged/supported when worked for. The company enrolled me through QCF qualifications and supported me to compete these. The role itself is extremely rewarding and the students at the college are fantastic to work with on a day to day basis. Although the hours are unsociable, the shifts often go quickly as the role is fast paced. The management team are supportive and approachable which I have not previously had the best experiences with. The full staff team at the college ensure the best possible care of those living at the college/attending as a day student and work collaboratively on a day to day basis.

Pros

Rewarding role, opportunities for progression.

Cons

Long, unsociable hours.

Jobs at Ludlow Street Healthcare

See more jobs

Productive and Fun Workplace

I have worked at Beechwood College for almost 7 years, starting as a support worker and progressing on to becoming a Team Leader.Every day is different and full of fun challenges, leaving work at the end of my shift knowing i have made a different to the young people we care for day gives me a sense of pride.I enjoy coming to work and working with like minded individuals who all want to do the best we possibly can for these young people.I am also supported by management to progress in my carer and further my knowledge and understanding in health and social care and working with young people with autism and learning disabilities.

Rewarding but demanding place to work

Working in healthcare is very rewarding and can give you days when you feel you have changed a persons life for the better forever. On the flip side working in an environment of clients with challenging behaviour can be, well, challenging. It is not a job for everyone, lots of people get into support work without really knowing what goes on. Some dont last longer than a few weeks or months but the ones that make it through are the ones that last years. The good days outweigh the bad days and although its been tough through COVID we are still here making a difference to the most vulnerable in society

Pros

the staff team

Cons

long shifts

Friendly & Committed Place to Work

I started with Beechwood College over 3 1/2 Years ago initially as a support worker as a novice though I did have caring experience. I personally found that during my time working with students who can be challenging at times, I found that both staff and managers were always there to guide and help me especially during stressful times and that the training given at induction stage is to ensure that the students are safe at all times along with the safety of ourselves. My thoughts on dealing with students is that I was caring for someone's child and always treated them with the respect and dignity along with having a lot of happy times and memories.I was given the opportunity to move into the Admin side and love the role as I still have the contact of students but also speak to parents regularly so I get to enjoy both sides.Beechwood do so many great things with students to try and promote independence - the students also contribute to the local community by growing their own fruit and vegetables then giving them to the community in Sully.

Pros

Friendly Team

Cons

Salary

A great place to work :)

Beechwood is a professional and very student centered college. The ethos of the company and the people that work here make it a lovely place to work. The staff here have a very kind and caring nature and the students best interest are our always top priority. I settled in straight away and management are always very supportive, they treat you with respect and make you feel valued. It really is great to work for a company that cares about their employees and most of all the students, with a genuine desire to provide the safest and highest levels of care.

Pros

Great culture, amazing work ethic, very rewarding job.

Cons

High staff turnover can have some challenges that come with constant change.

Productive and fun working place

I joined Beechwood College in March. We had a good training course. I was a bit nervous about starting at first as it was a new experience for me. How quickly I settled in, the staff I work with are very friendly, professional and supportive. Everyone looks out for each other , and the care for the students is outstanding They are cared for , treated and guided really well.I really enjoy working here, I wish I had joined here a long time ago.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Salary not great

Rewarding place to work

I teach woodwork at Beechwood College and can honestly say I really enjoy my job, the staff I work with are amazing and the students are a joy to work with too, I find it a very rewarding job with support from management when required.

Pros

Support, good work environment

Good progression

Since working for Ludlow Street Healthcare they are very focus and driven in providing excellent training for staff to complete the relevant requirements expected within their job roles as well as fantastic opportunities for career progression if that is what your interested in.

Have no respect for their employees

Former employee for Ludlow. worked there a few Months ago. Manager is as useless as can be. Doesn’t appreciate staff. Pay is awful. Long shifts that you don’t get a thank you for from the manager. Expects you to have 10 arms when they don’t help you. Manager doesn’t have any social skills, don’t respect their staff.

Pros

Cons

Just another employee that will replace you

Stay away - horrible company to work for

Horrible company to work for that only seemed to care about profits and filling beds. Don’t be deceived by them attempting to show they care, they really don’t. As a single mother that needs flexibility, I was never given the ability to change my shifts. The pay was ok but barely minimum wage. Management are horrendous and don’t care about staff. Turn over of staff is huge. You’ll see new people all the time as they don’t seem to retain staff. Overall bad experience and would never recommend

Pros

Pay reasonable

Cons

Management and culture

Productive and good people

Good workpalce culture. Decent management. I enjoyed going with colleagues and have meeting at restaurant. Celebrate the positives. Shine a light on areas where improvements can be made. Communication. Collaboration and teamwork. Problem-solving. Quality and accuracy of work. Attendance and dependability. Ability to accomplish goals and meet deadlines. Excels. Decisive. Responsive. Dedicated. Knowledgeable. Honest. Thorough.

Overall positive experience

I worked for Ludlow for around 7 years. I worked in the community setting firstly as a support worker and then as a senior. There are good opportunities to learn and progress, both in the role and educationally. If you do your job well you will get enjoyment from the workplace. No company is perfect, I think that there are changes needed for staff and service users. In my experience Seniors in the community have much much more responsibilities and workload compared to their counterparts in the secure settings but are paid less. I never had any satisfying explications for this when raised, felt like it was just the way things are. Over time I think that the service user mix and suitability for a home does not work and can be predicted very early on however I also know this is not entirely the fault of LSH but just the changes in funding/placement requirements. Other than these personal ‘niggles’ of mine I enjoyed my time there, made some lifelong friends, was supported professionally and personally, progressed both personally and professionally, learnt a lot, gained qualifications, had great training, felt secure in my role and most importantly have a lot of fond memories from working with the service users. I was lucky enough to be aware of some business/corporate/financial decisions that made me understand certain decisions that were needed to sustain the service to a high standard and feel that some staff were unaware of the service requirements on a whole in the care sector or were unwilling to accept certain things that were required. My point being I was given insight -

Pros

Education

Cons

Pay to expectation ratio in certain roles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ludlow Street Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9