Lufthansa Technik

Lufthansa Technik Employee Reviews

Productive and room for progression.

It’s a nice place to work at. Very good management and a very friendly environment especially to where my section is in the shop floor. There’re chances for career progression. I have to admit that so far so soo good.

Pros

Chances to enhance your experience

Cons

None so far

Worst company to work for avoid working for these nasty disgusting people

I was forced out of working for them when I gave them 10 years service and I was told who I could be friends with and who I couldn't and I was told 80 percent of the staff didn't like me on a piece of of a4 paper and the manager circled it in pen and I was threatened through my work email and I was told 20 percent did like me and I was sent to Germany to get uniform not one person showed me where I was supposed to go or anything and management made decisions on me without knowing me and another manager who I knew was supposed to help me but he ran for the hills instead and I was left to it these people are so disgusting

Pros

Great places to see country wise and see different types of life

Cons

Awful management and staff and have behaviour issues and attitude problems

hard work but a fun place to work

I really enjoyed working for Lufthansa. the benefits were good and the people are nice. Very busy and fast paced company with loads to get on with. shame i left

Tom

Very big discrimination on the part of English managers, bullying. Not fair treatment towards other employees. Trade unions do not help in any way. Lack of equality.

Pleasure working here

the company was very nice and flexible with office hours as long as i put in the daily 7.5hrs of work. i learned a few new things as i was new to aircraft industry, and learned high levels of quality management that were required. the workplace and culture was very nice. the job overall was very enjoyable.

Pros

Flexible office hours

Really productive with lots of fun people around

The work place is in west part of London very near to Heathrow airport. you start early and finish like at 4 in afternoon then you have almost like 4-5 hours everyday to do your own personal thing.

A good place to work if you enjoy tight deadlines Learned a lot in 10 years of employment Management could do with some extra training to be honest Hardest part of the job would be knowing how to mind read Most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction

Pros

good money if you're willing to work hard

Cons

lack of communication skills from the management

Hard work

Work at the Lufthansa Technik 4 days on and 4 days off, 12 hours work day. I learned to read technical drawings, and whole process of servicing the landing gear. My main area is pleating shop. Usually, as we begin the work I have to check each individual component what is a layer of chromium plated. Is it sufficient. If so, I have to purify it and convey it to bake for the release of water from component.Then prepares next part to do chrome plating. Part check is it agree with a drawing I have to do blast the part, mask the area which is not chrome. I cleaned surfaces where the plate. Connect to the charger calculate the area and voltage then start. I learned to process chrome, cad, blast, shot penn, bake, most important things you need to observe deadlines on which the gear to be ready.Important is the precision of the chromium plate and cadium plate them to not repeat, of course, was associated to it with the costs, delays and reputation. From management does not require knowledge about the process of servicing.Their task is to observe deadlines. I learned a lot through good contact with the employees with long experience.They are very helpful. The hardest work is chrome inside the component of hard to figure out. I like when I'm doing everything made with high quality.

Pros

Discount on tickets

Cons

Long Hours

Its an average place to work

Work can vary given the nature of the job. one month you can be stacked with work, the next have nothing. Co-workers are a good group, they are the best part of the company. Management... well that depends on what section you are in.

Pros

Cheaper flights

Cons

Shift work for most

Building Maintenance

Day starts at 7am, firstly would check all CNC's, lathes to ensure oil/fluids are fully topped up an any spillage's would need spilsorb (would compile a daily/weekly/monthly log of what mating uses what), check waste material bins for metal recycling and security of correct metals. Secondly Walk around the entire factory emptying full bins, labelling up hazardous waste, logging the waste into a book, an disposing the waste in the correct bins. Outside I would use a forklift truck to compact waste, to create more space in the bins, helping the company save money. Third. I would do a visual check on the entire factory (careen, offices and toilets) of lighting. I would note down what is failing on a light and where it is, report back to my manager, email out to the relevant area, an arrange access to the light to carry out the fix required. Fourth I would empty all bottle traps (being urinal and basin) as we had a daily high amount of blockages. Fifth Assist engineers with tasks that were continually arising as out factory works 24/7 364 days each year.

Pros

Close to me

good company culture but old ERP System

I learned to take over responsibility and work under time pressure. The hardest part of the job is to work with the old ERP System

Pros

fun workplace

Cons

old system

Challenging workplace and fun

Good Management, extremely organized , great work enviroment and colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lufthansa Technik. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement