Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom586 reviews

Found 586 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,372 reviews

Fun workplace

A fun and fun non-boring workplace. Friendly and helpful team. Great Fridays with sweets. Opportunity to make money. Pleasant bonuses and discounts on products.

Pros

Products discounts

Cons

Need to clean your workplace

Mixed feelings

I worked at Lush for around 3 years and it was a truly interesting… experience. On the one hand it was the first job I ever had and I’m grateful for the opportunity I was given, I made some amazing friends and it was awesome to work with so many diverse people. However, the pressure that gets placed on staff is insane, to approach people and borderline harass them. I hope that one day lush realises that this business practise doesn’t benefit anyone. Staff or customers. Some of the stuff management said to me about how to treat customers was insane. I would encourage people to try working here and make their own judgments, maybe at other stores it would be different but in my personal experience I had no work life balance, this job ruined my mental health. It was a celebration when I handed my notice in and I finally felt like I could breathe again.

Insights into Lush Cosmetics

• Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Competitive and unsociable

Worked the weekends up until Christmas, competitive employees, couldn't talk to anyone all day as there was a screen in-between us so it felt very lonely, good pay, had 2 breaks during 8 hour shifts.

Pros

good pay

Cons

unsociable staff

very good

great experience here, it was great and taught me so many things and skill as well as sale techniques and english speaking language skills. Definitely recommend Lush Cosmetics

literally the most amazing job ever.

i will forever remember this job as the best job possible. cant wait to hopefully work here again in the future!incredible pay, they believe that age does not discriminate and rightfully so. it’s great!always such fun, you get to meet some amazing people, learn amazing products, try amazing products, get 50% off, fun staff challenges at work, it just really was incredible. if you ever get the chance please take it.

Buena experiencia

Buena experiencia en general, aunque pocas posibilidades de subir de horas o de puesto

Excellent as far as retail goes

Don't think I could work anywhere else on the high street from what I've heard about other companies, Lush does care for its staff. Its a friendly place to work

Pros

big discount, care about staff, transparent

Cons

sometimes quiet/boring/monotonous

An enjoyable and respectful place to work. Mostly filled with happy and friendly work colleagues.

Although I have only worked at Lush Cosmetics Ltd on and off for the last three years. It has been a fun time. All the management that I worked under were always very encouraging and eager to help. I was taught how to load and distribute the citric machine. How to measure out powder that is used for making bath bombs. Also. Storing bath bomb moulds and sharing them out. I was taught to pack bath bombs into cardboard creates. Filling out paperwork was part of the job witch I learnt how to do. Even though I'm not currently employed there at the moment, if Lush were to telephone me now offering me a job. I would accept it straight away. I would recommend Lush Cosmetics as a place to work for anyone.

Intimidating, ableist, green-washed company

I have now worked at two separate LUSH stores for years and it has been hellish. The managers are business robots who pretend to care about you, and then turn around and treat you like dirt on their shoe. Every manager I’ve met does significantly less work than the sales assistants, and many people are given supervisor positions when they aren’t qualified. I know multiple staff members who were there 5 years+ and had the relevant experience to be part of management but were refused based on the fact they weren’t well liked by upper management. LUSH has great employee benefits and the sales team are always phenomenal people, but the rest of the culture from management up is terrible. Disabled people, don’t even apply, I know of multiple disabled people that have had issues with LUSH including myself.

Pros

Paid holiday time, flexible hours, 50% discount

Cons

Unprofessional management, ableist, hugely competitive

Great company

Worked here for a season picking and packing. It was hard work but i really enjoyed it. Really supportive management, and i felt really appreciated, even though i was only temporary staff. Great christmas party as well at The Opera House !

Productive, Friendly and Supportive workplace

During my time at LUSH Southampton, I loved it. Mangers are lovely and supportive and super understanding i.e. if you were having a rough day they would be here to listen and give support. The only developmental thing to say is that feedback can be quite harsh and patronising so you need to mentally prep yourself before any meeting and also some of the things that supervisors say are untrue. The fact that every ‘developmental’ thing is written down on a spreadsheet is morally wrong and weird. There is also a clear hierarchy in regards to management and supervisors. Coworker’s are so lovely and sweet and I actually made friends with most of them. Although, sometimes I found that I was not listened to when it came to allocation of tasks. Overall its such an enjoyable place and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Its a very engaging job where you need to consistently speak to people which some people might not appreciate. Another thing to add is that they do employee of the month which gives people on lower contracts a disadvantage. Here, we had to ‘beg’ for reviews which was kinda weird. Shifts were at uncomfortable hours and there was some theft during my experience.

Pros

Good pay, lovely working environment, family like environment, 50% discount

Cons

Travel time, negative feedback, rude customers, hierarchy in management

Fun workplace

Great if you love the products, working with the public and working in teams.Management push the very forceful approaches which sometimes creates tension with customers.

Lovely people to work with, and for.They listened to your concerns and address them the best that they can.

The work is repetitive, as any factory work is, making up boxes and lids, on the production line filling gift boxes as a team, wrapping and ribboning, labelling, packing. Or checking in Df that products are correct and in perfect condition before packing for post. I enjoyed the team work and DF, the ballistics was very quick and more suited to people who like a competitive production job, but everyone was very nice.

Ehh

You do need to be a certain type of person to work here. It can be really stressful and sometimes appear that they don't care. Last minute rotas that didnt always cover your actual availability and unpaid breaks which isn't the best, and sometimes they'd mess up them too. Tbh i sometimes felt they didn't understand mental health as i felt bullied and belittled. Always having to jump on customers. Although some days were better than others. Also a lot of products got wasted so thats not very ethical. And a lot of theft too, which they blamed on us. Actually it was a really toxic environment. Glad i was "let go". Its like a cult

Pros

discount

Cons

long hours, unorganised, toxic enviroment

The cult of LUSH

You are expected to live and breath LUSH. It gets exhausting to be that switched on all day. Store managers and colleagues are great but high up bosses have zero care for staff (as we all found out during lockdown) Let go.... then couple months later when they reopen... hire hundreds of new and young staff with zero experience? When us original and fully trained staff were promised our jobs back. HmmmOh and LUSHs 'ethics' are very questionable too...say no more.

Terrible managers

Highly unprofessional individuals in HR and some of the other operative teams especially legal; so many candidates have been interviewed and they can't even be bothered to contact them. Really unprofessional and toxic environment.

Fun but can be draining

Friendly staff, fast paced shifts especially on busy days since its on a high street. However, can be draining as you're made to approach and re-approach everyone in a certain manner.

Lovely poeple

worked at lush for 3 years and it was such a lovely place to work! made life long friends and the environment was pretty chill too. it did get busy but you supported by management

Pros

nice place to work, 50% off

Cons

retail

Not a nice work environment at all

Full of bullies, forced to act as if you’re happy all of the time when you’re underpaid. Management are bullies and it’s full of cliques. They claim to be inclusive but actually if you’re not their version of ‘cool’ then you’re an outcast.

Stressful

The job is very fast paced. There is a lot of expectation from you. The pay and discount was really good. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Was cold at times inside the shop.

Fun work place, passive aggressive energy, clique like managers.

Fun at times and you smell great, but don't bother unless you want a popularity contest as there's clear favourites. Managers are mostly narcissistic but everyone seems to forget how bad you're spoken too or treated with a free bath bomb.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lush Cosmetics with

• Lush Cosmetics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?