Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust

Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Nhs

Luton and Dunstable is a performance driven Trust. Has the highest target rate for A and E Attendences. Very fast paced with autonomy given to General Managers

Pros

Good place to have on CV

Cons

Not good with outsiders

A good place to learn but requires adequate staffing.

This a good hospital with pleasant staff but extra effort should be made to improve staff and staff welfare. There's an amazing relationship among the multidisciplinary team, and this makes the work load easier to deal with.

productive

Great working environment with first priority in improving patient experience and safety. Staffs are very passionate in caring for the patients. Management is always supportive to their staffs.

Stressful, underpaid workplace with lack of progression

The staff within the hospital are fantastic and are the best thing about the place. Management is poor throughout most departments and staff are expected to do so much more than what they are paid for, without ever receiving anything in return and with a real lack of progression in most areas. If you already work as a permanent member of staff, they will sooner employ agency staff or contractors instead of giving opportunities to staff who are already there.

Hca

Very good and excellent staff and enjoy working here and have a good experience at the minute and it is busy but a good experience to learn and gain knowledge

enjoyable

Hardest part of the my job was being on your feet for 12 hours but overall pleasant place to work. Pay enhancements are great. Enjoyable place meeting new patients daily.

Poor working conditions by engie

Have been working as a housekeeper for months and this job makes me so sick. Engie doesn't give you annual leave when you need it. The pay is so low and its like slavery working as a housekeeper.

Good and friendly atmosphere

everyday work day, my duties and roles varied in different departments and positions which meant everyday was different. I learnt to be able to work as a team member and independently. Personally, the management was fair to all the staff. the workplace culture was multi-culture and diverse. The hardest part of my position balancing all the roles and responsibilities. the most enjoyable part o the jo was meeting new people and meeting people in different professions and departments.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

unhygienic work conditions

fun worplace,nice staff

it is fun working here hours can be long but half days shifts are available . at time ward managers will adapt to hours that will suit your family life.

Pros

great salary

Cons

long shifts

Outpatient admin bank

Absolutely horrible. Some of the staff are great manager comes across with patronising and bullying behaviour. No real training thrown into the deep end. On bank but make you feel like you have to work there when you don’t. Make you work beyond what your paid for. Not worth it. Hated the outpatient call cantre was never given the chance to do something else.

Calm Atmosphere

It was alright working here. worked for about two months here. three to five days a week. I worked on al elderly ward and it was okay. we get a break of 45 mins

Excellent staff here.

The people at this hospital go the extra mile and really do care. Plenty of training and opportunity to progress your career. Staff are thanked and matrons are visible in clinical areas on regular basis.

Lot's of work to keep you busy and I learnt so many new skills. Hardest part for me is cancelling patient appts. Enjoy the variable skills and responsibilities

Good Environment

There is a good working atmosphere in the workplace. Good work colleague who lookut for each other and very helpful when needed. Good working relationship with stakeholders as well

Excellent

This is an excellent trust that grooms and develop good , confident, hard working nurses. It has marvellous support from management to collègues. It has a wide range of carer development and offeres good courses for nurses .

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Very busy hospital

never one day of fun

I know I worked in a busy hospital with lots of sad and seriously ill patients. But I know that and being a caring person, I was looking forward to helping and caring. But being a housekeeper my eyes were open up to the horrible daily condittions my patients were put in because off bad managment. Due to lack of staff and money patients regularly got meals or no meals that had been oreder, I was forced to wake up patients to ask them what they wanted for dinner and supper before breakfast, This cause much furious and confusion with patients. We were never given stock we needed. some day patients only got sandwiches. The management treatment towards staff was bullying and cruel. Hospital appointments and holidays were never when you need them. I worked a whole year and end up only getting two weeks holiday in March and not together, days here and there.I ended up losting another two weeks holiday as they would not let the holidays roll over to the start off the new year. I wish I never worked there.

Pros

Cons

bad managment

fun and challenging workplace

Adopt and Learn to respect other cultures, and being polite the whole shift and even if I,m tired i always smile especially if people around you know how to appreciate the things you have done to the environment...

Most enjoyable part of the job

Working in the hospital, you work with different people with different values both staff and patients. The job was enjoyable because, we staff made it enjoyable because we used to jock. However, at times it was emotional when patients die. The objective of the doctors was to dicharge due to bed shortage. I enjoyed working in this hospital. Staff very kind and helpful. Management good we used to have parties when people leave, get married or when they have babies.

Pros

Free Tea, free parking

Cons

from 09.00 to sometimes to 20.00 hours

busy and productive

i enjoyed my job you met all sorts of different people there it's made me more compassionate i learnt a lot of new things it opened me to what i want to do in life

Great place to work love it here

The only reason I am looking for another job is the travelling on the motorway each morning Good working environment and fantastic people to work eith

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Motorway travel

It was exciting to work at the Hospital as there was always different tasks to complete and different Contractors and Members of the public. Management was Amazing they offered me great support while competing the Apprenticeship and always encouraging me and supporting me in decisions i made. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with members of the public and meeting a Variety of Different people.
  • Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust