LV=

LV= Employee Reviews

Staff are friendly and supportive. There is a lot of training to cover but it’s very interesting. The office is in a convenient location and working hours are very sociable. There is material and learning catalogues which can be done at home but Home study is not paid. Perhaps LV could consider x amount of time and £ Pay by adding this as an additional supplement to salary for the future.
Pros
Sociable Working Hours/Free Hot Drinks/Other Benefits
Cons
Low Pay/Also Longer training Period would be an advantage
I recently left LV, having worked in a customer service role for the company for a few years. I have given very low scores on this review, for the reasons shown below;Job Work/Life Balance: Staff are given very little consideration, when changes are made to their terms and conditions of employment. LV do not seem to believe in staff consultation and participation and changes are imposed with very little thought on the potential impact on employees. LV do have an 'engage' committee and staff are encouraged to participate and provide ideas, but if you question changes to your employment terms, LV hide behind the terms and conditions of your contract of employment. Salary/Benefits: The starting salary for a customer service role is very poor and frankly does not increase by much, after a few years of service. In fairness, LV do offer a generous pension scheme and staff benefitsJob Security/Advancement: Over the last couple of years, staff have experienced a great deal of uncertainty with the purchase of LV GI by Allianz. Opportunities for advancement are limited, with 'role progression' opportunities only becoming available on an infrequent basis and when you ask when promotion opportunities will next become available, the response is given with little certainty.Management: Within LV, senior management do a good job in communicating changes and keeping staff updated. Within the department that I worked in, they were let down by supervisors and managers, who were more interested in their own advancement and progression and making sure that they go home on time each - more...
Pros
Cons
Poor pay and an unhappy stressful work environment
Management just saw you as another person to bring the ques down on the phone lines. I was here for 2 years, once I fell pregnant I was scrutinised for needing to go to the loo more often management got annoyed when I had to go to hospital appointments and the stress the job caused made my Dr's sign me off early. I would not recommend.
Cons
Soul destroying, no proper training everyone is out for themselves. There were 18 people who left my depot in 6 months. Felt suicidal when working there, took me 6 months to get over it.
Cons
Very much a "face fits"culture. A lot of redundancies and uncertainty since general insurance was taken over. Lack of decent management at lower levels. Zero training budget, unstable fixed term contracts, low salary and a desktop support manager who doesn’t seem to care and a bit ladies man.
Pros
Social scene, staff restaurant and Christmas party...
Cons
Bad management, no training, fixed term contracts, no accountability of top management. No progression opportunities.
Really enjoyed working at LV, good balance between socialising and work. Everyone was willing to help one another and there was Good opportunity to progress within the role.
Culture is very important in a successful business and LV= has it in abundance. Management and Senior leaders are really engaged. A company that embraces talent and diversity.
But unfortunately in my circumstances was made redundant due to the merge of LV and Alliance. Good training and become knowledgeable of commercial and home insurance. A place to progress in the company
You will instantly regret it, terrible place to work. Management doesn't care, and does not appreciate the staff. You're just there to be a robot and thanks the calls. If you care about your mental health don't do it.
Absolutely awful place to work. After working there three years, a new senior management team were bought in who managed out various staff and other managers through bullying tactics. Regimented and soul destroying.... Had to put a sign up to leave desk for loo break and if you were a minute late had to sign a late form and go on conduct monitoring, even though you regularly worked extra hours free of charge due to understaffing.
The people I work with a fantastic, very supportive. I job itself has its challenges and I find it hard just sitting behind a desk all day on the phones and would prefer some variety with this job, maybe some admin and other jobs.
I spent a year working here and to start with it was great! First few months I had no problems at all and then all of a sudden it started to grind on me that majority of customers would scream abuse down the phone at you swear at you and give you death threats that management did nothing about. They told you to hang up the phone after you warn them twice you will terminate them call... The company itself just sponges money out of people but then again don’t all insurance companies? I ended up having to leave after being dogged off for secere migraines and sickness because my anxiety got so bad about going to work.
Relaxed, supportive and very professional. Really enjoyed working with great teams and pragmatic leaders who are willing to make quick decisions to deliver timely business benefits through IT transformation programmes.
Even though we have a strict work day and over time we still have gathering to make our teams happy and work well as a team to get us through the working day.
Training has been non existent here, you’re expected to work with little help or knowledge as the Team managers are not trained in the job, products or systems. In such an area as finance this is poor and leaves lots of room for mistakes to be made. Very high staff turnover and as a result of this phone lines are very busy and targets unachievable. It’s really not worth it for the long run.
I have worked at LV since 2011, unfortunately I will be getting made redundant from the Commercial side, however had this have not been the case I would like to see myself still working for the company
Over all its what you expect for call centre very busy and very focused, good balance of people and top heavy in managers. if your face fits you will get on ok
LV recruit you in with the promise of all this progression when in reality they will only progress you if you already have the experience required from another job. The management is not understanding whatsoever and they will penalise you for being ill - regardless if it’s an ongoing issue. Absolutely horrible place to work and have never been made to feel so low.
Exeter office is the worst place to work . Management dont know how to manage and staff are constantly leaving due to being treated like cattle and it's a place where they say they offer training and opportunity when really your being constantly tested without the correct training ,This is why they are constantly advertising this job role all the time as people keep leaving due to bad treatment . role because people keep leaving . .
Pros
Cons
Wage and 30min lunch and 10min break
Good pay, not inline with industry (slightly lower) but great training and a good stepping stone into other insurance companies/office type work. Be warned , its not an easy job and it can seriously impact your mental health. Most people will either get fat, take up smoking or have to go to the gym more then most to deal with the stress.
Customer Services, slave labour, productivity was the management only goal, not interested in anything else, work you to the bone. Slate you for not taking 50 calls a day regardless if you didn't actually get 50 calls... Strap line a job you'll love! make your own mind up about that - to many chiefs not to mention low pay - don't do it....
Pros
Car park, managers at the time all got sacked!
Cons
All of the above
  1. Employee reviews