Lyons Davidson Solicitors

Lyons Davidson Solicitors Employee Reviews

United Kingdom57 reviews

Law factory

The firm employs a large number of legal executives and promotes support staff into fee earning roles.If you want to enter the legal profession with few, if any legal qualifications, this is the firm for you.

Cons

The firm is so large the partners from other departments are unlikely to have any idea who you are

5 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are disappointed with your comments on working for LD and would be keen to discuss your feedback further. We are proud of our supportive working environment and our people at all levels are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge. If you would like the opportunity to discuss your feedback with our HR team, please contact hr@lyonsdavidson.co.uk

Fast paced work, great team to work with

The work at Lyons Davidson is fast paced and the work life balance is great. You can leave work at 5pm and there is no pressure to stay late like other firms. The team is very close and the culture is fun with organised pub quizzes and social events. Working from home is made easy with the use of Microsoft Teams. The work is varied and interesting. There is room for progression and promotion as well as employee of the month rewards for good work. For trainee paralegals and trainee solicitors your pay increases every 6 months.

Pros

Team lunch, close team, 9-5pm

11 August 2021
Thank you for your positive review! We are delighted to hear your comments about your team culture, varied and interesting work, as well as how we recognise achievements and progress our people. We would like to wish you all the best with your career at LD.

Insights into Lyons Davidson Solicitors

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Amazing firm! I would definitely recommend working here

A fast paced but friendly environment with the most supportive management and the best work colleagues.Progression is always encouraged. Management is always available and helpful!Work culture is great.My experience as LD has been great thus far and I couldn’t recommend LD enough.The only downfall is the low pay.

Pros

Great work atmosphere, Manage your own caseload, Amazing colleagues, Relaxed dress code, Fast paced, Supportive and understanding and friendly management, Encourage progression! All in all a great place to work

Cons

Pay is way too low in my opinion

5 March 2021
Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you would recommend working here. We would like to wish you all the best with you career at LD.

No progression and bad pay

People do not stay here long.High turnover due to low pay and harsh treatment to mistakes.No progression opportunities Low morale Poor quality work

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Low pay

5 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Our recent staff survey showed that over 80% of respondents would recommend working at Lyons Davidson. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in further detail about your specific feedback and would ask that you please contact our HR team at hr@lyonsdavidson.co.uk

I would love to work for Lyons Davidson Solicitors again and I really enjoyed my time there. I really miss the job.Staff were very friendly and helpful

Pros

Good helpful staff

Cons

I have no faults about Lyons Davidson

5 March 2021
Thank you for your positive review! We are delighted that you found LD a good place to work. We would like to wish you the best in your future career.

Competitive and motivating workplace

Lyons Davidson is a great place to work inI had an interview with a very friendly assistant manager, and this made me confident in working for this company.Managers and group leaders are very helpful and understanding when issues happenThe work culture is positive and rewarding as you receive incentives and praise when you do well and a word of encouragement when you need to do better. What I also like is that they organise fun charity events regularly, for charities which really matter for me. Working at Lyons Davidson is a busy and challenging role, and this is what I was looking for.

Pros

Incentives

5 March 2021
Many thanks for your positive review! We are delighted that you find LD a great place to work at. We would like to wish you all the best for your career at LD.

Avoid

Avoid this company at all cost! Way too tressful work with awful management. The amount of work given to the employees are way more than is reasonable or doable but the management wants you to someway pull magic out of your backside

Pros

Good friendly environment (colleagues)

Cons

Everything else

5 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are pleased that you worked in a friendly environment. We are disappointed to hear your comments on management and workload and would like to discuss this with you in further detail. If you wish to do so, please can we ask that you contact our HR team at hr@lyonsdavidson.co.uk

Training

The is lacking of training in doing your jobs which causes conflict between accounts departments and the lawyers. Management doesn't seem to know how to know how organise themselves which affects other employees.

5 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experiences at LD in more detail, particularly your comments around training and management. If you are happy to do so, please could you email our HR team at hr@lyonsdavidson.co.uk and we will arrange a time to talk.

Ok company

I enjoyed working at LD. The solicitors and case handlers were friendly, helpful and extremely hard working. I would have stayed with the firm but I only left due to relocation.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Accounts team unhelpful due to manager support/ lack of training/ IT & Receptionists were lazy

14 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed working at LD and your positive comments about your salary. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback on Accounts, IT and our receptionists in more detail so please can you contact us directly at hr@lyonsdavidson.co.uk Thank you.

Great to work for until you do anything outside of work that management disagree with!

i enjoyed working at Lyons Davidson up until basically all the competent people left and the company refused to train anyone else on other lines. great team mates, management however is awful and has no communication whatsoever, often leading to days with little to no staff, which leads to extra pressure on the people who actually turn up and are competant at their jobs, leading all the good employees to leave whilst the incompetant members of the office take few calls and spend too much time on meaningless tasks. Overall, well payed for the work you're doing but too much stress from management to be worth it.

14 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you had great team mates. We would like to discuss your feedback in relation to management and communication in more detail so please can you contact us at hr@lyonsdavidson.co.uk Thank you.

Good Place to work

I have been with Lyons Davidson nearly three years and the team I work with are great. It is a contact centre environment that is generally ok but can be challenging at times. I feel that it is time for me to now move on and progress with my career.

Pros

Good Work life balance

Cons

Salary

20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that you found Lyons Davidson a good place to work and that you experienced good work/life balance. We would like to wish you all the best in your future career.

Could be better

Worked here in the central services department. Good place to start legal career although could be better in terms of treatment from other services.

6 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and it's great to hear that you think Lyons Davidson is a great place to start your legal career. We are concerned to hear about your treatment from other services. If you would like to discuss this feedback in more detail please could you email hr@lyonsdavidson.co.uk We would like to wish you all the best in your future career.

Look after staff

There is a lot of support from management and career progression is encouraged. I have worked in places where there is a lot less support offered to staff. You feel part of a team and never feel left to fend for your self. Everyone is friendly and approachable, rewards are offered and hard work acknowledged.

Pros

Flexibility, friendliness, support, career progression opportunities

15 November 2019
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you found everyone friendly and approachable and that you felt supported. We would like to wish you all the best in your future career.

Productive, Supportive and Fun working environment

Working at Lyons Davidson was a great experience. I learnt and developed a lot within the company, as my role allowed for growth and initiative to be used. Everyone from lower members of staff to management are on hand to help and support, and there is a big emphasis on employee socialising and this helps with morale amongst staff.

6 March 2019
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! It's good to hear that working for Lyons Davidson was a positive experience for you and that you developed whilst working for us. We would like to wish you well with your career.

Not a 'law firm'

Awful awful awful place to work. Not many staff make it to their first year before leaving due to the stress from the volume of work, overbearing management (who don't know how to manage). Unlike any firm I have ever worked at. Don't operate like a law firm at all. Treated like children.

Pros

Good colleagues - but most left

Cons

Management.

20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience working at Lyons Davidson. We would be keen to discuss the reasons for this with you so please could you contact us at hr@lyonsdavidson.co.uk

Good place to work. Good Support and Opportunities for those with talent. Good Management and staff. Good training and support. Good Benefits and holiday entitlement.

20 December 2019
Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you found Lyons Davidson a good place work with good benefits, training and opportunities to progress. We would like to wish you all the best in your career.

Great place to learn

Bright and friendly offices with a great management team and lovely co-workers. Good work life balance. Nice office buildings right in the city centre. They have provided me with the opportunity to massively improve my knowledge and skill set.

20 December 2019
Thank for taking the time to share your feedback and for your positive review of working at Lyons Davidson! It's great to hear that you have had the opportunity to improve your knowledge and skills, in a friendly and supportive environment.

A privilege to work here

This was my first full time job after graduating from university. I am very surprised to hear some of the other reviews! My experiences at the firm have been hugely positive from day one. Whilst the initial pay is quite low, it quickly increases (within 6 months) and I feel I now have a very competitive salary. There is also ample opportunity for promotion and career progression - it's very encouraging to see that many of the associates and partners at the firm started as paralegals. In addition, the offices are excellent and in some of the nicest locations in the city and there is huge desk space and very modern meeting rooms. External and internal training has been provided in abundance, and I have had the opportunity to attend chambers training events and have partners in other groups share their expertise with us. The firm is also very accommodating if you want to study part time and my line manager takes an active interest and provides support whenever it's necessary. There is a generous (paid) study and exam leave policy. I have also been lucky enough to secure a training contract after less than a year at the firm, and the managers recognise the hard work we do in what is a very supportive and friendly workplace environment. Evidence of this includes the firm's policy of largely recruiting trainee solicitors internally and offering sponsored training contracts for many of the groups. Overall I would have to say it has been a privilege to work here and transitioning from university into full time employment has been a lot easier and enjoyable than I expected. -

Pros

Supportive management, engaging and interesting work, career progression and great offices

Cons

Initial pay is quite low

20 December 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this detailed review. It's great to hear the many positives about working for Lyons Davidson that you have outlined in your review.

Supportive, friendly and a great place to work

I have been working for Lyons Davidson for 7 months now and could not have asked for a friendlier, more supportive place to work. I hope to work for the firm for many years. The work is fast paced but exciting and I was made to feel part of the team right away.

20 December 2019
Thank you very much for your review! We are delighted that you have found working here friendly and supportive. We would like to wish you all the best in your career at LD!

Overall very positive

I started at LD as my first paying job after university and have had great progression throughout. I have had opportunities to progress from the firm across the board, a huge range of experience is on offer and this depends on how much you put into the firm. Managing the hours and large workload can be tough but starting a career in law is just that and LD has given the opportunities necessary for me to progress.

Pros

Experience

Cons

High Workload

20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re glad you have experienced great progression opportunities during your time here. We are committed to encouraging people to develop in their roles and improve their skills and knowledge, as well as providing them with promotion opportunities. We would like to wish you all the best for the future.

A very nice place to work.

The company ticked all of the boxes for salary, considerate management; work appreciation; training and support. It was a PAYE job but you were paid on a task to task basis. This for me was the only drawback, but I was guaranteed by my manager a 40 hour week. Immediate management was my first port of call with any problems, which actually did not arise. The job was varied, involved some UK travel, and good work was recognised and appreciated. I was a fool to leave this organisation.

Pros

Support; potential for more woirk

Cons

The pay was on a task to basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyons Davidson Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement