Work wellbeing score is 71 out of 100

United Kingdom143 reviews

Found 143 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,834 reviews
makeupartistryartistcosmeticlovelytargetdiscountbrand

Not what I expected

Very busy counter, massive clicks with the team if your face fits your ok if not good luck. The products are good but not as good as they used to be. Was disappointed to be honest

maybe ok

I do not have much to add; other than that, it was kind of okay. If you are okay to be okay, then okay is an okay decision to be made. I learned a lot

Fun & confidence boosting workplace

Incredible company to work for, couldn’t say a bad word. The experience you gain from working within this company is second to none!! Couldn’t recommend it highly enough!

Not treating fairly

I love Mac and I always wanted to work for them Finally when I got my interview it turn great the second time the first not so great but I am glad they gave me chance anyway However when I asked the management why they decided they won’t further my candidacy the after I quote: You did a great job ! The answer was: it wasn’t enough! Just a suggestion to the company improve your policy and really invest in the people you hire ! More specifically the store was located in Westfield Stratford!

Favoritism but Excellent place to learn new skills

Alot of favoritism in the work place, if you’re not liked by the senior staff/ managers they can make your life depressing So like i always say Fake it till Ya make it :) Otherwise, team members were amazing so helpful & made life at work alot more bearable.

Pros

learn new skills

Cons

favoritism

Insights into MAC Cosmetics

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Fun workplace, high targets

Received lots of training Targets are very highThey now offer commission which they didn’t whilst I was employed which is good Good discount off all EL companies

Busy and fast workplace

It's changed over the years very target based now but you get good discounts it all depends on your team how good your experience isAlot of times you're understaffed so that can make shifts stressful

Fun and creative

Get to be be creative. And make people feel good about themselvesAnd teach them how to do makeup. Made some of my best friends there.I worked in London and NZ Mac love the products they sell.

Pros

Discounts on product

Cons

Weekend work

Fun workplace

It is a good job for those who enjoy makeup and learn about makeup, it’s a fun environment and has decent pay and the staff discount is good, overall decent job

Greeat

Loved mac had fun and made amazing friends ashame it went down hill. In 2015 it was full of cliquish girls who were stuck up then they left and it was a lovely environment. I had a great manager and i learnt so much.

Pros

People

Cons

Targets

Not how it used to be

When I first started working for MAC in 2014 it was so busy that you didn’t have to try and sell. As it became quieter the environment was much more competitive and less fun. Everyone used to really support each other and take turns to serve, now it’s every man for themselves. It changed so much that they stopped employing people who had a makeup background but concentrated more on employing people with a sales background that had no clue about makeup.

Loved it

I loved working here when I was younger. I don't think I would enjoy it as much now, as the pay was poor for the levels of artistry and commitment required.

Great job poor pay

Really cool company but has changed a lot. Incredibly fun place to work, lots of talent, fantastic products, diverse customer base, very inclusive and creative. Do not care about retaining valuable team members. Will replace with someone with no experience rather than pay a reasonable salary. Most other cosmetics brands are much better paid.

Average, company doesn’t care anymore

What was a once vibrant and progressive company has turned into a boring behind the times copy cat company that couldn’t really care about the talent it has

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Just a number

A really good place to work

I worked at MAC for 4 years, I loved working there and really miss it. The training was good at the start, it did get less towards the end and they were improving the incentive you could get but the job itself was my favourite job I've ever worked in the reason I no longer work there is my store closed due to the pandemic and there wasn't any other job available.

Pros

the training and opportunities

Cons

you work a lot of weekends

Amazing workplace

Such an amazing company to work for. They care for their employees mental well being and make work as fun as they can. They have such amazing incentives and competitions! The managers within the company are so lovely and just want you to do well and they have fabulous progression paths too.

stressful

stressful place to work, no support they only care about numbers and targets its a sales job , long hours and not many perks so i wouldnt recommend working here

Rewarding job

I enjoyed working for this company for the first few months. I often felt although I had high sales it was enough. I done 4 days a week so I did not mind to work very hard but if you did more hours you could have felt very burnt out. Team was generally really nice and if you love makeup it's a great way to learn and push yourself.

Pros

2 lunch breaks!

Cons

Sometimes unrealistic targets

Good to start with but changed

I worked at MAC for several years and enjoyed most of my time working there. I met some talented people and made a few friends for life. When I first started working for MAC it was very busy and there wasn’t much pressure for targets. Over time this changed and became very competitive, with colleagues sometimes stealing customers that were already being helped. It also became very boring and people often talking about each other as there was more time to stand around and gossip. In the end I grew out of it and lost my passion for makeup as it became too sales orientated and not the best environment to work in which was a shame.

Pros

Hour and a half lunch if working a full day shift, free products, great discount, birthday off, made friends for life.

Cons

Too competitive and sales orientated Became very gossipy

Great.

Really enjoyed my time at Mac. Staff were friendly. Good teamwork. Fast paced and a lot of training opportunities. They really helped me develop my skills.

Company has completely changed

Often times left without any management. Very poor communication between employee and area managers. Impossible to get in contact with. Very unorganised. Very little perks. Discount was the only good thing. Pay is not good for what your expected to do.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

No management, work every weekend, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAC Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MAC Cosmetics with

• MAC Cosmetics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?