MacDonald Aviemore Resort

MacDonald Aviemore Resort Employee Reviews

2.5
Work-life balance

Low Management

Macdonald Aviemore Resort it's a great place to begin but not for long time relocation. It's great views and a lot of things to learn. I would not join Macdonald Group in my career again.

Good to work for

I would recommend this company to work for. If I had not had to return back home due to circumstances. I would have stayed at the resort. And the area is so beautiful

Pros

Use of facilities

Cons

Las personas eran buenas pero la organización dejaba mucho que desear.

El sitio es bueno, las personas no son malas y si te abres seguro que consigues buenas amistades. Además, dependiendo del mes en el que estés, se gana bastante diento. La cuestión es lo mal organizado que está todo.

Worst company with tyranny

My face didn't fit at Macdonald hotels because I wasn't a yes person. They expect you to overule your personal life to suit their beck and call. Woe betide anyone who doesn't do overtime without pay. Most people that don't comply with this are got rid of promptly especially if you haven't been in the job for more than 18 months. I had been working for the company for over this time so they decided to try bullying confrontational meetings to try to force me out. When this didn't work, they forced responsbilities onto me that wasn't anything to do with my field of work. I resigned for the sake of my sanity and wellbeing. I feel so much better for it. If you value your life, family, sanity and wellbeing, this is not for you. If you don't mind being undermined, mistreated and working your life away, then go for it.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ok for the season, but not for long-term. Take better care of your staff!

First impression for working at the hotel was not the best. There was no induction and was placed into a dirty room in staff house with black mould everywhere. Wasn't given any show-around of the property...canteen, laundry etc. Payroll got the paychecks wrong more than once, I don't think they are fully competent doing their job. Hours were long, which could be a plus if you are looking to earn a lot, and the tips in f&b were good, but you'll be working split shifts every day. The workplace became toxic, as some people were cliquey and sometimes went out of their way to put you down. Very happy to be finished here. Good luck.

Do not take live-in possition

I took this job a few years ago and was pitiful really, the condition were very bad, the rooms very small and around 15 square meters in where you must share with someone else, very small space for 2 persons. Food at the canteen is horrendous, very bad, I even got poisoned by eating that food, and ended up taking antibiotics as I had a very bad infection on my throat. If you need a job right away could be an option for landing there and then look for something different in the area or Inverness, Aviemore is really lovely it is a very nice place, bus this resort is in the middle of nowhere really as Aviemore is a very small town. There are a few more resorts too and I even met people who started working here but then jumped to the other resorts and stayed there working for a season, so I would not recommend MacDonald at all, it is been the worst job experience I have ever had.

Productive and fun workplace

An amazing and big team. Management very good. Lots of staff. You can make lots of friends. The staff accomodation is very good,the food aswell. The area around amazing.

Would definately NOT recommend

This company is reknown for its cut throat approach to business and personnel, definately not a company within hospitality that I would recommend, long hours, no reward or recognition. Senior Management do very little work expecting others to do it all for them whilst they get the credit. When you flag this to personnel at HO or HR it is swept under the carpet

Pros

Free Meals although not always nutritional

Cons

Very Long Hours, No Recognition or Reward

It becames a bad workplace

I worked 3 years 10 months in Macdonald Aviemore Resort. First time when I was here it was much better. Members of staff spoke english, I didn't have to run everywhere to help other collegues. They had enough items (such as glasses, cutlery, chafing dishes) for big events (for example: conferences, meetings). Today I have to hunt for everything we need, collegues are working here without any experience in restaurant and when I want to teach them, they don't listen to me.... Rooms are clean in accommodation, but it is built from easy material (plasterboard) and you hear every little noise and it is annoying at night time. Sometimes people leave the kitchen dirty (for example: unwashed dishes, full rubbish bin and they don't take it out, greasy sink). Staff food is bad, nothing to eat! Two supervisors got fired for stealing gratuity from restaurant staff. They promote lazy staff (one of them paid me for hoovering and doing breakfast shifts instead of him and he becames manager in front of my eyes) and those people who have lack of experience in this workplace. If the place is not busy, they cut your working hours to save money. I had problem three times with my payment. They didn't pay all of my working hours, but they paid with next salary. It took time to sort it out! I heard similar problem from people! Write your working hours!! Maintenance staff doesn't do anything! It was more than one year for them to refurbish our kitchen, but everything was there to do the job!! If you work in conference centre to prepare big events (such as conferences, meetings) you really must be -

Pros

Free food three times a day, nice location in heart of Cairngorm national park

Cons

Long days, disorganised job, horrible food

It becames a bad workplace

Pros

Free food three times a day, nice location in heart of Cairngorm national park

Cons

Long days, disorganised job, horrible food

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MacDonald Aviemore Resort?

not recommended at all

if there is not enough staff (like usually), you have to work 3 times more for the same money. most of the management are completely incompetent the food is uneatable in the canteen the village is very small, you dont have any opportunity to do anything outside of work

Pros

there is accomodation

Cons

there is no lunch (just bean and bread)

It's okey

Everything okey, treatment is good and the job is confortable. I learn how to traet people properly and how to serve the dishes and take the food. The most enjoyable part is when I take care about customers.

Stay Clear

All the stories you hear about Macdonald hotels is true, no training, 65-80hr weeks on a salary, weak management who are lazy and uninterested, broken equipment and staff that can barely say hello in English

Pros

Come back to me on that im still thinking

Cons

Working for them

not recommended

work hard, pay small This company build of easter europeans' hard work everybody leaves this company as soon as possible the management take cares only about theirselves

Ingyenes étkezés, olcsó szállás biztostása

Betekint√©st nyerhettem a vend√©gl√°t√°s vil√°g√°ba. VezetŇĎs√©ggel nem volt k√∂zvetlen kapcsolatom. Gyakorlatban a munkahelyen val√≥ √©let sz√°momra neh√©z, itt ez volt a pozit√≠vum is, mivel volt n√©h√°ny fŇĎs t√°rsas√°g akikkel k√∂rbej√°rtuk eg√©sz Sk√≥ci√°t.

Cannot say anything good about the role.

Following the phrase of old, "If you cannot say anything good, say nothing!" That's it, simple! Nothing good about the company either.

Pros

Excellent canteen facilities.

Cons

Long Hours. Bad Management culture.

not nice workplace

not enough staff, long working hours, loads of work does not meet with money,nice people to work with but not the managment. A lot of challenges during the day.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Profesionales y estrictos en el trabajo

Cada d√≠a es diferente del anterior debido al cambio de huespedes y clientes, lo que hace un ambiente interesante. Aunque siempre sabes lo que tienes que hacer, te ense√Īan perfectamente cual es tu deber y los cambios que se pudieran surgir. Buena comunicaci√≥n con los supervisores. Buena relaci√≥n con los compa√Īeros. Tuve la gran suerte de hacer grandes amigos para toda la vida.

Pros

Seguro de vida, tiene Staff accommodation, es un paraje precioso.

Cons

La ciudad donde esta ubicado el hotel es muy peque√Īa, no dispone de academias de ingl√©s para extranjeros.

Nice place to work

I would definatly work hear again if they let me.The people are really nice. The job was good felt as ease and got on with everyone. You could speak to the management if there were any issuse and it would be delt with.

Pros

co-workers, benefits

Cons

lunch, dinner

Fresh Outdoors in The Highlands

The resort has been a good place to work for some years know and it generates alot of buisness from tours to the general public and family holidays. I have experienced alot of knew skills and have been able to apply skills from my previous job to this industry. The staff are very hard working and do there very best to meet the guests needs at all times.

Pros

meet good people

Cons

very long hours