Macdonald Hotels & Resorts

Macdonald Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Long hours for minimum payment. No appreciation! GM's are regularly changing which speaks volumes for the very low esteem encountered when speaking to staff.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Loads of cons to many to list!
This company does not value their people. All this company is interested in is chasing £ This company is archaic and full of people that fear for their jobs therefore they behave appallingly as it’s an ‘everyone for themselves culture’ This company should be ashamed by the way it treats it people.
Cons
No training No Benefits No development No uniforms Incorrect Pay No HR support, Bullying behaviour which is allowed
Good place most of time accomadation good and good food .I had my own tradpirt then as its out of the way a bit hence the live in accomadation .people were friendly most of the time
Pros
Free diners and accomadation was good
Cons
Split shifts sometimes caused stress
If the managers don't like you they will make sure you don't last long. There is a lot of Favouritism and Nepotism. The management doesn't care about the staff.
Pros
Pay
Cons
If you're not a fan of contracts, provided uniform, a decent wage, policies and procedures, deadlines, or even workplace training, then this is the company for you!
Pros
Cheap staff Accommodation.
Cons
Dirty staff Accommodation.
Faceless machine. No loyalty to you for the hard work put into. You are just a number, regardless if you are a potwash or GM. Head office will axe you in a heartbeat if it suits to them. Profit hungry organisation, dont care about work life balance, , dont care about your health. never again would work for them.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Everything you have to give back in return fir the good salary
The focus is on profit - must get the cash in and spend as little as possible - although the place to look tatty, uncared for, unloved.Pressure is always on to complete your tasks...GM is always under pressure from above to increase profit
Pros
Lovely staff - far too loyal for their return
Cons
No investment - shabby
The people I worked with in my team were amazing and I made a couple friends from the workplace that I still keep in contact with outside of work but I sadly after 7 years had to take redunandcy. I became severely depressed when I had to go in. People just over worked, myself included for min wage. Not worth my mental health. Lack of communication of anything that happens and always left in the dark. Micro managed and felt like anything I did wasn't ever good enough.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Food on and off when they felt like it, bad management, no communication
I was going through a bad patch with anxiety and was treated very badly. I ended up taking voluntary redundancy after being on long term sick. I felt I had no option as a colleague in the department was giving me a hard time and management done nothing about it, even though I complained on various occasions. This particular colleague was a friend of the manager.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No support
They expect you to work long shifts, sometimes you finish work very late and you have to be back next day in the morning. Weekends are very busy so they expect you to work every single one, at least if you book it off few months in advance.. Rota changes few times a week, so you do not really now what shifts you will be working, no work life balance. All incentives were taken away without any notice, staff lunch too.. sometimes you work 12 hours without any food provided. Almost every month there are paychecks issues and it takes ages to sort it out. Service charge pretty much does not exist. Always short of staff, lack of training, many complaints from customers about service/ rooms etc. Not much good to say.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Long hours, no support or work life balance
Management at the Frimley Hall hotel treat staff like absolute garbage. Most who work there are just rude and unfriendly and so are the managers. Barely any support was given to me when there and I was never actually told properly about what I had to do, so when I inevitably failed to do a task properly due to the lack of training, I was complained at and treated unfairly. Easily the worst place I’ve ever worked at.
Pros
I have worked here for years on and off, the reasons I have come back are because of broken promises about a payrise, set days off, admin days and to get a bigger team: all lies. Management offer no support, over worked and underpaid, 30 minute break if your lucky, no perks, 2 uniforms, no training, induction or incentives. The places is a shambles.
Pros
Worked with some nice people, gym use
Cons
Working every weekend, rubbish pay, no support, massage all day
Lack of support from group level, communication poor especially head office, suppliers going continuously into administration staff not told so difficult to do job, staff in different areas always seem to be made redundant, seems to happen every 3 to 6 months or so over the last 3 or 4 years
Pros
Good wages
Cons
No job security
It’s a really nice place to work there friendly staff good training. It’s a four star hotel so there are a lot of rules to follow and to respect everything especially all the customers.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Didn’t really have many days to work
I was told before starting, that Mac Hotels would want your soul. Never has a truer statement been uttered. Hospitality is hard, tiring, fast paced and usually low paid. However the company take the opportunity to capitalise on this as if its a challenge or fun. 16 hour days - so what, no time to eat - so what, no days off this week - so what. No money for extra payroll, no money for resources such as milk jugs and cups, no money for new uniform but reprimands for looking tatty. No autonomy for managers to manage, approvals always further up the chain out of the hotel - delaying and adding pressure to the team on the ground. GMs have left the industry after working for them, frankly illegal treatment of staff, on maternity or with accidents resulting in pay offs. Throughout lock down, a large number of staff have not been paid the 80% furlough, now with reopening, staff are working on flexible furlough, and being made to work over hours and told they are getting furlough so to not complain. To reward all of that they are suggesting 80% redundancies across hotels. With that they have generated 'new' roles in effect the same as the redundant ones, therefore rehiring for the same duties, on a demoted title and for less money. Cannot express just how badly staff have been treated over the years.
Pros
comoradery - people you work with 'in the trenches' are the best
Cons
too many, but have staff over the barrel due to current unemployment rates
Really good place to work, All the staff are very kind & friendly, Always happy to help where you need it. Lots of staff benefits such as Staff lunch Resort/room discounts spa discounts product discounts free gym membership
Pros
Staff lunch & staff room rates
Cons
Out of the way locations
They give hours where it is hard to work around your home life however the job is always worth it, family oriented people will understand the difficulty of working around people and not seeing them so much
the management in macdonald old england and most of the administrative staff under them are just bunch of lazy liars that benefit on the back of their staff and continuously put blame and pressure on their hardest working people in order to balance the workforce efficiency that is actually suffering from a really really bad almost evil management that is there to manipulate and abuse decisions
Pros
2 "free" meals
Cons
bad management, bad accounting, bad supervisors. overall bad almost criminal management
You are just a number and are totally under valued, feel like another cog and no allowance is made for circumstance. You can work 14 days straight and not be given any extra thanks
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours, not treated well, asked too much and understaffed
Strong business and cost focused business in a tough and competitive environment. Excellent integrated payroll, revenue forecast and purchasing tools that delivers solid and balanced forecasts. Strong health and safety environment with good central support. Strong central Sales and marketing support.
for me personally it was a great experience both personal and work I had a lot of help from a great professional like jakub who was at some point gm fro f & B I hope to return to work one day at aviemore.jose valido