Mace

Mace Employee Reviews

I found the interview process enjoyable and informative,easy to fit in with help on hand when required after starting.I was given the opportunity to manage on challenging projects with the backing of a supportive team
Pros
Challenging projects
Cons
Lack of opportunities in the North
Having worked here before I turned 18, my main reason for departure was the low minimum wage for my age band (£4 an hour in 2017). However I thoroughly enjoyed working here - the tasks that the job requires are not physically demanding or exhausting but there is plenty to do to keep you busy, my colleagues were pleasant and easy to work with, requesting time off or particular shifts was never a problem and the shop was well run by efficient management.
Pros
Flexible hours, relaxed pace, good management
Cons
Minimum wage
Management have high expectations which is great for skill progression.Previous employer was satisfied with everything I did with very little feedback.
Great company, I really enjoyed working for this company and I would return anytime. The atmosphere is great and my colleagues were professionals. The salary was competitive and great.
I loved my role contracting for Mace. The projects were varied and interesting, the project teams we helpful & friendly. There is a great training programme also
I can’t believe under the present COVID-19 crisis it’s CEO is seriously thinking of opening up some of its sites. So much for safety, first and second nature. Was an excellent company in its day with imaginative and forward thinking top teams.
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Not applicable
Not the same after new director of IT was appointment, she outsourced everything to an msp that doesn't speak the same language or understand the company culture, systems or security requirements.
The shop is okay quite messy at times, on a morning when the papers are due mostly they are late and the owners are usually late, which means when they are I’m running late with the papers
I have enjoyed nearly a decade at Mace and everyday is different, I have continued to learn and been promoted 3 times based on my merit/recognition for my work ethic and commitment to our company goals.
Mace a colabratave company who are interested in their peoples advancment and take the time to help improve their performance which in turn greatley improves the staff members ability within a team structure to bring the relevent project in on time and to budget
Didn't enjoy working here at all. Only stayed for a few months. Awful atmosphere and no respect from manager. Would not recommend to anyone I know.
I gained a lot of experience working in the Mace for a week. Everyone was very friendly and very supportive to me and always helped me when i needed their advice. I worked on the till also and was glad to have this experience, in dealing with customers. I also undertooks cleaning duties of the shop, stacking shelves, organising the shelves and making sure everything was front facing for the customers.
it was very stressful but pretty laid back. there was a lot of customers that were stressful to serve and there was a lot that were easy. The employer wasn't always on your back.
Yeah its bere good. I love it. I would revvoement it to everyone. It's so relaxed and Good. You are treated with respect and you are looked after the wage is every good
Busy office always a variety of work to be done due to the number of payrolls and queries, lots of other areas to get involved in which made the role very interesting
Provided a high level of customer service, whilst also creating a great rapport with customers. Working with various stakeholders and suppliers to negotiate different product pricing to ensure the monthly expectation turnover is achieved. Managing the stock inventory, finances and HR - recruiting new employees. Implemented new pricing strategy and discounts that led to an increase in monthly turnover.
I learnt a lot with this company, and the MEP team I was working with. great team, great senior management always had the time to help if you was having discrepancy’s .
A very diverse working community .This was a very good work experience, working for Grant walker group,,electrical subcontractors.They are very organise company this is why the main contractors Mace granted the contract to Grant Walker Group.
great place to work as they worked along with the bake house. was great experience to get at a young age as it taught me social skills with customers, using the till and cashing up at night and having the responsibility of locking up at night
The friendly atmosphere and supportive company culture at Mace makes coming to work truly enjoyable. Management gives you room to develop within your role, and listens to your ideas. There are great internal opportunities.
This company offers good experience for those who are looking to learn
  1. Employee reviews