Maersk

Maersk Employee Reviews

United Kingdom110 reviews

Found 110 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,786 reviews

Productive and fun

Great Company to work for. Opportunity to advance. They have a great culture and live there principles. Many opportunities outside of your designated area to be involved

Job satisfaction can vary immensely on role

Overall good company to work for, training, rewards package and bonus to name a few good points.However poor salary compared to competitors, unpaid overtime is expected and compensation for this isn't offered which is laughable.Job satisfaction can vary greatly dependant on your role, would recommend Maersk as an employer however would warn future applicants on certain roles where the salary to stress ratio is not worth it.

Pros

Bonus, benefit package

Cons

Low salary, stressful, unpaid overtime expected

Insights into Maersk

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

statek

bardzo dobra firma , dobrze płacą, dobre jedzenie na statku, bezpieczeństwo w pracy na wysokim poziomie

Pros

wachty 4 godz 8 godz. wolnego

Cons

brak

Good place to work.

Work was hard some times but worth while with the leave 1 for 1 and the pay. Down full was oil price dropping so had to make 200 redundant. Sorry to be made redundant.

Pros

Working all over the world.

Cons

Price of oil.

Stressfull and underpaid

This company expects you to do unpaid overtime and although they promise chance to advance they dont often happen.They dont pay alot compared to other places of similar jobs and they tend to have a high staff turnover

Good to work

Maersk Drilling is a good company however very limited opportunities to further career, this organisation is breaking boundaries in technological applications to drilling.

Pros

Great engineering capacity

Cons

Limited career options

Good for Tech people, but not for leaders

Toxic leadership environment, most of ex Dell employees control IT, some mid management guys are trying to get things moving, but leadership stops it .. for the sheer fear of accountability ..

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

No leadership .. Toxic environment

Excellent workforce. All great guys to work with

Best years of my life working for Maersk. Always well looked after and great guys across the board. Wherever I travelled the best accommodation and travel arrangements were made. Great company to work for.

Pros

Bonuses

Very Good company tp Work for

Very Good company to work. Lot of vendors. Restructuring happens many time. Overall 4/5. Travel opportunities available based on profiles. Salary hike is as per industry standards.

Relaxed, unflustered but professional

It's hard to present ideas as there are no forums where teams that interact together to discuss. There is a tendancy to measure against SLAs and not KPIs.

Challenging and exciting place to work

Challenging and exciting place to work. Maersk is going through a large change, compounded by the Coronavirus pandemic and is therefore an exciting place to be, depending on which role you have.

Changed days

Company has changed a lot over the years and not as focused on its employees Its becoming a very unstable industry saying that they are probably one of the better ones

fun work place

I enjoyed the team work. good support from the management and colleagues. Good worklife balance with opportunities for social and sporting activities

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Maersk has a great company culture. Free breakfast and lunch is provided with lots of company benefits such as a great pension scheme and free healthcare plans.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Limited car parking

Great Company

Great people to work with and opportunities to grow and develop are encouraged and supported. Unfortunate that cost optimisation still plays an integral role of the Business strategy

Amazing company to work for

Fantastic people and great teamwork is done in the company. Maersk provides free lunch, free breakfast and a good work/life balance. Great employee benefits and bonus scheme.

Good Place to work with Healthy Culture

Good Place to work with Healthy Culture. Good Management style, open approachable and supportive. Good working conditions and a healthy environment to work in. Highly recommend working with Maersk and would have continued to work there had the government funding remained available which once removed forced redundancy.

Positive working culture

Amazing place to work with a great company culture. Always made to feel like a key part of the team. Managers always want to push me to succeed and achieve my goals. Lots of great talented individuals i have the pleasure of working with each and every day. Overall a really good experience. One of the of the best company's I have worked for so far.

Pros

free breakfast. lunch and dinner, social days, amazing pension plan.

Poor Management & HR Support doesn't exist

Good Benefits package including onsite canteen for breakfast and lunch. Staff are friendly but managers are not so great. To work at Maersk you have to be a likeminded 'yes' person and this is not a suitable company for an open-minded person with a passion to do a good job. You are not empowered at Maersk but you will be held accountable for any mistakes whether you are directly responsible or not. Choose wisely, they sell you the dream.

Great place to work if you have the right manager

Working at Maersk is interesting, there are some great people and benefits to be had and the work is intriguing. My biggest issue working there was a lack of organisation and training. Once you are assigned to a team you are left to the manager and in my case the manager did not care and left me to be trained by team members, who were great but had their own work to do and could only offer limited help. My manager was never interested in my development and took extreme offence to me yawning during a team meeting that took place at the end of the day. I was let go after attending a doctors appointment, that was approved by my manager, only for her to then claim it was not. It is potentially a great place to work but if you get the wrong manager then you are better off leaving.

Organised and welcoming place

Whilst working for Maersk I was printing documents out, Sorting information in the right places and slotting them into the right files. Booking rooms for meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maersk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement