Magna International Inc

Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

I worked in an assembly plant in Dunstable, supplying seating solutions for a GM assembly plant in Luton producing the Vauxhall Opel (Vivaro) and Renault Trafic Van. Magna International is a global supplier to the automotive industry. I can only offer my perspective based on this facility. I enjoyed my time with the company and learned a lot within the quality department. Progression was limited due to a small number of opportunities and employees at this plant. Magna UK operations have a number of facilities around, mainly England. I would recommend this company as a career or just as a way of earning a living. Pay varies according to job grade, in my case I was not paid the going rate as time went on and I was given a lot more responsibilities.
Pros
Free parking, holidys and close knit working teams.
Cons
Produced for only one customer and one type of product (on-going job opportunities)
The company is part of the car industry, the car industry is always up and down, so job security is very low, otherwise the job was great. They give you in house training and they are very strong on health and safety.
Pros
Your work mates are ace
Cons
You are just a number in there
Expectations are way too high for the salary, with a poor culture of bullying and putting people down. This on top of very large salary cuts do not make it an enjoyable place to work.
A day at work consisted of packing thousands of parts ready for despatch. Different days brought different problems to solve. Working environment could sometimes be relaxed and at other times stressful but on the whole it wasn't bad. Some management styles leaved a lot to be desired and for some it's a hard learning curve. On the whole, ok
Pros
Profit sharing scheme and yearly bonus scheme
Cons
Wage could be a little bit more competitive and a few safety issues need addressing.
Work for Magna for 20 years as a maintenance manager hard work but enjoyable. Worked may long hours and weeks to support the manufacturing of parts for the BMW Mini and always had the support of fellow workers and the management team.
A good place to thrive if you rise above the internal low level politics. Suitable for long termers as well as those looking to advance career in other fields
Jól kerestem ott. Sokat kellett keményen dolgozni, három műszakban, de a pénz jó volt.
Would not recommend to anybody based on my experience at this place. My supervisor was racist, lazy and was more interested in his phone than helping sort out issues.
I have met a lot of hard working and friendly individuals at this company that are often under pressure to perform well in a challenging fast paced environment. There have been a lot of changes over the past few years in terms of personnel and focus, some for the greater good and others not so. The company often promote from the inside and are willing to invest in employees in terms of training to get the best out of them.
The job at magna is a fast paced environment making no room for error, a lot of the work is timed so working under pressure is key. Magna offers great jobs, but the security of the positions there are questionable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Magna International Inc?
Only at magna for a short time but during my time there I got to experience the car manufacturing industry. I enjoyed my time at magna and only left because I recieved a job offer within my trade as a heating engineer.
No doubt that the worst job I have ever worked in management are so bad I would ragamend that they work in Russia because they have no rules about caring for the people who have to work for
Desperately need to adopt 21st century management. Zero project management, zero accountability, zero empowerment. No chance to get anything done - Avoid!
The culture and management style as you head past the shop floor is not very good. Reactive and not proactive, lots of problems swept under the carpet. This being said, the pay and perks of the job are quite a positive.
Very very bad run company management wise based on lies and jobs offered to any lickers who work there. Only good thing I can say is the pay apart from that stay away
I made lots of friends there it was pleasure to work as a team with all my colleagues and organise our daily responsibilities. Correct place to work. I recommend
My day from start to finish was vary busy. I enjoyed my working days there, and regret having to leave. I work well in a team or alone. I adhere to health and safety in the work place.
Good
High expectations that are rewarded well. All sites are satellites and to a degree independently run. As long as you achieve targets and follow the guidelines set by group you are allowed to manage on your own.
Can't rate working for Magna highly enough. Support at hand when required with a depth of global knowledge and experience to assist working through the toughest problems.
Cons
very good work, I could learn a lot in it, work requiring concentration, the right approach to plastic things (craft hand) I could educate my eyes and learn a lot about plastic
I worked on masking area, did assembly, checked parts before painting and checked with standard rules painted parts before when company will send to customer.
Pros
good salary