Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd.

Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd. Employee Reviews

The best part of being a delivery driver is the customers reaction when they open the door to accept their wine delivery. A definite feel good factor. Helps the doorstep banter and for me makes the day very enjoyable.This carries through to the store staff where you just all get along to get the job done. Simple really. A part time position up to Christmas came available and as my usual work cleaning floors in hotels, restaurants and pubs has disappeared this fills that gap nicely. A happy chap and its great to get valuable experience in another role. I'm just having to watch i don't spend all my earnings on Xmas gifts for my family. At least they'll share, hopefully.
Pros
Staff discount happy environment
Cons
None at all
The managment/directors dont care about their staff, the new CEO of the company just want yes men who will conform to their ideas and have 0 respect for anyone under their level. You are only a number to the company and especially if you are a woman you will be paid poorly and expect to go above and beyond. Don't waste your time in the head office.
Pros
20% off wineand spirits
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, no respect, undermining, very big egos.
Company is small, with historically poor investment in systems and infrastructure - as a result there is lots of opportunity to make headway and make improvements. For someone with a can-do attitude this can be very rewarding. Pay is average/ok for Retail sector, though bonus structure is so complicated that it rarely pays out. Recent changes to management mean that Head Office is a male-dominated environment - women will find this a more challenging workplace than men.
Great company, great management great job dealing with customers and their deliveries. Typical day planning and loading van for the days deliveries. Once completed assisting in store and organising following days route.
Excellent working environment with helpful management encouraging development of knowledge of wine. Overall experience was that it would be a company that I would recommend
Enjoyable working environment for my extremely short stint. Great punch of people with no issue. Overall a pleasant company to work for and would love to do so again.
I worked with a very nice bunch of people who had a great knowledge of wine. Learnt more about wine and I enjoyed the interaction with customers. Enjoyed my time
I would work for majestic in stourbridge again, great manager team, and a great team, very friendly, and a great atmosphere, fantastic place to learn about wines
Pros
Ggreat place to learn about different wines
Cons
Too many targets and little rewards unless a bottle of wine between six is your idea of a reward. IT systems are poor and there is lack of training in store and one is expected to use personal phones and private time for company emails. Priorities changes every week as does the store lay out and effort is often wasted
Work life balance ridiculous, expect the world, give little back.. bonus very rarely met, store budgets too long, staff morale low, buying dept inept... the list goes on....
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd.?
More and more unatanable targets being put on Managers at store level. Great progression as a new starter but once you reach managment level. Opportunities dry up.
• Worked as a part of a high functioning team at a very busy time of year solving store issues and those for over 200 Majestic retail stores nationwide • Problem solving via email and phone, given the autonomy to solve issues innovatively within the customer service and property departments • Attained a 5-star level for 50% of my phone call volume, also sought solutions and implemented them for 100% of email related queries, resolving all • Further developing communication skills with colleagues and customers, using practiced techniques to defuse delicate money-related matters
Constant support from team members, friendly staff in both departments I worked in. The culture was quite relaxed but again, very target driven, there were methods to completing the job successfully but staff are given full autonomy to deliver results however they see fit.
Pros
Free lunch and table tennis, the latter allows staff to unwind a little
Cons
Infrequently had to work weekends
Great place to work shame about the salary other wise I would still be there
Pros
Hassle free, monthly bonus
Cons
Some unpaid hour because of salary system but still loved it there
Very long hours. Work 3 out of 4 weekends. December moving to 6 days a week 12 hours a day. No overtime paid. The staff are amazing, one of the best teams i ever worked with. Most of them are friends outside of work.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Extremelly long hours, no social life
I really enjoyed working as a problem solver at majestic wines. You get autonomy and respect. Not once did I feel micro managed but whenever I needed support with a problem it was availble.
Pros
Free food all day. Free parking. Free wine from quality control room
Cons
Christmas extremely busy. Rare rude customers
Although now reasonably large, Majestic feels like a small company to work for (in a good way). I feel valued even though in an entry level role and the working environment is generally pleasant.
Pros
Tasting delicious wine, expanding knowledge of same.
Cons
Slightly unsociable hours.
dealing with all queries over the phone, from orders, delivery issues, wine advice, great company, very relaxed and friendly, good work life balance, generally really great place to work
I enjoy working for Majestic They are a trusted company renowned for service and value for money I approve of them trying to become an innovative growth company but I feel stagnant in the retail division currently
Pros
Uncapped bonuses, discount on wine
Cons
Long hours, lone working, poor CPD
Good fun but long long days often when your alone for hours at a time - if you like your own company and are autonomous this could be for you . A typical day is from 9'45 until 7 or 8 depending on the day. You learn lots about wines and spirits and can do further study. Management depends on your team as that's what will effect you day to day. The culture is good and the hardest part of the job is simply being along as trying to eat or take a loo break can be a juggling act
Pros
free lunch fridays
Cons
long long hours
I enjoy the work mainly. Learning, selling and speaking about wine wine have been a great start, interesting and passion. They do change and try to keep up to date. However there has been some changes lately such as staff reductions and loss of perks that have created some negative feelings in certain areas. I hope these improve and so can work/ life balance and security can be back up there. Advancement can be good, but sometimes got to be in the right place at the right time.
Pros
National Living Wage Employer, Staff Discount, Career Prospects
Cons
Normally work more than salaried hours, work load increased with less staff, Perks taken away if under performing