Major Recruitment Ltd

Major Recruitment Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom75 reviews

agencyteamhourstaffpaygoodcompanyday

Stability

Nice people who are there to help and be kind but feel let down after booking a holiday to return to no job and having one day off due to illness to be told that the job had been filled and no more work available to be left out of work again.

Nice team and good pay

I have worked for major for only 8 weeks. But management are great at communicating and always there if you need help. Staff I have worked with are great and supporting the young people this place is great to work with great hourly pay.

Insights into Major Recruitment Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

On site coordinator

Worst place you can work for. No training provided. Rubish Management. They demand you to work 24/7 for 40 h contract. Management is absolutley useless they don't have a clue about what goes on and pretend they are there to support but leave you with everything by yourself without any training and demand everything to be done as the want.They don't give you any support. Never work on site for Major you will be basically doing Slavary work but in 2022.

Very nice people

Proactive and quick to resolve any queries for employees. Very very nice and kind people and honest. Where honesty lies, trust can build a great team.

Terrible

Terrible company. I was tricked by them and lost my holidays because of them. Before annual leave I asked muliple times how many days of holidays I still have left and is it possible to transfer them to the next year. And I been told that they are going to sort it. At the next tax year I been told immediately that I lost my holidays. I tried to complain about that but nobody even bothered to answer. As far as I know my colleges had problems with them as well.

Poor agency.

I have had 5 spells working for Major and have seen a slow decline in the agency. Now it is one of the worst I have ever seen. Constantly chasing money because my hours are always less than I have worked.

Pros

None to speak of.

Cons

Never pay you correctly.

A good temporary job

It's flexible since you get to pick your shifts. The managers are helpful and communicate well. Contracts are subject to shift availability which means your contract could end earlier than expected

Great Place To Work

Great place to work, look after you, work is on going and if a placement ends they will find you something else. Good rates of pay and never any issues.

I have found that all the staff are very friendly and helpful , they discuss everything with you to find out what you need in a job placement .

I started off as a drivers mate , then went on to work on my own , driving a 3.5ton van which was great to get out and meet different customers , then went on to working in production folding work wear .

One of the better agencies

Always paid on time from the Wakefield branch. Good selection of work plenty to choose from. Can always call up if you need help with anything or questions about job and they are happy to help.

If i could rate it a zero I would

The worst agency I have every worked for. Seemed really good at first I thought it would be my first step into care and support work but I was wrong. Management are appalling and talk to their workers like rubbishIt took a full month to get a half day wage only to be fobbed off every time saying I would get it. To be told not to contact again when you catch them out for who they are.Would not recommend to anyone stay clear.

Cons

I worked covering sickness leave , loved it always knew what to expect . The people were all happy with help and advice would loved to have stayed just not enough hrs

Pros

Happy relaxed surroundings

Cons

Not enough hrs

Shocking

Terrible agency to work for, mess you about with pay and don’t answer calls or texts, unaware of what’s going on half the time with their employees; absolute donkeys that work here; I wouldn’t trust them to clean my car properly. Avoid at all costs 👍🏻

Pros

Naff all

Citizen 4040 Solihull

Well my workplace last year was in the Birimingham Business Park, so the role that I did in Citizen is working as a Business Improvement Trainner, I was working on the second floor with the Business team, I did quite a lot of things with them like getting involed in team meetings, updating the weekly plan schedule, typing up notes from the workshop, sorting out the info centre packs and I learnt how to use the telephone in workplacement. I did a role play with one of my team members, I really got the hang of it and the most thing I really enjoyed at my workplace in Citizen is offering my team a hot drinks.

Pros

Home made lunch

Cons

80 hours

Simply the best

Major Recruitment are an excellent Recruitment Agency. I have worked for other agencies in the past and Major are far superior. I find the staff and particularly the Account Manager at Wigan to be very approachable, genuine, honest and understanding. He is always readily available when needed and unlike other Agencies you know what is expected and are advised of your shifts in good time so that you can plan your time. You are able to have a good work/life balance and feel appreciated and respected for being reliable and hard working. Nothing is too much trouble. I am working at Snuggledown through Major Recruitment where there is a great atmosphere and a culture of getting the work done in time and feeling part of a happy and hard working team,

Pros

Feeling appreciated

Cons

Wish I had found them sooner

Fun work place

Worked at Major Recruitment for just under 3 years and absolutely loved it! Will has thought me so much while i was there and it was a pleasure working with North West team.

Great agency to work for

Really understanding management team, always there for staff. Can't complain about anything. Work always available. Management extremely supportive and available.

Pros

Choose own hours

Temp to perm?

Placed on a temp-perm contract in Wakefield. The environment I was sent to was the worst place I have ever worked. No discipline no team ethic no leadership, an environment where you were given favourable work if you were Polish. Twice I asked for different placement, twice fell on deaf ears. Walked away from job 4/12/30. Only now do I get confirmation of my holiday pay, 7 weeks after leaving.... Total joke, do not use this company

Pros

Cons

The companies existence

Poor Agency

I only worked with Major for 4 weeks but at first they lost all my details (passport pics, bank details etc) which I was not happy about. My questions about wages etc were met with one word replies like Yes. I queried my final pay, which was holiday pay accrued over 4 weeks and was simply told “it is correct “ -no explanation or anything? 3.5 hours holiday accrual per week still sounds low to me but whatever. The pay was paid in alright so no complaints on that score, however I wouldn’t use these again. Overall a poor experience.

Pros

Wages paid ok

Cons

Poor communication

Rubbish

They gave me work for a month (no contact during that time), then suddenly no work (only found out from company I was at), no contact, no reply to texts or calls. Left with no work

Excellent opportunities Family Culture

Great company to work for. Work hard and reap the rewards. Friendly Teams and oodles of experience within the company. would recommend applying for a role suitable to your experience and goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Major Recruitment Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement