MAKING SPACE

MAKING SPACE Employee Reviews

Okay to work for but i did work with the best team possible back up sometimes not the best from head office but overall i have enjoyed working for them
Pros
Relaxed worki g practices
Cons
Pay should be more
A progressive and truly *person-centered* support company. It's an absolute pleasure to work for Making Space. Most enjoyable aspect of the job? - working with a dynamic and flexible team of colleagues who share the desire to deliver the best level of care in which we can achieve.
Pros
Flexy time
During my time with Making Space I enjoyed every minute of it spending time with the service users and supporting them. It was a Outreach Service in Chorley and then as a Tenancy Support Worker in Rochdale but I have recently applied a couple of times and Making Space has not got back to me . I really would love to work with them again but yeah I would recommend working for Making Space.
Pros
Work life balance and supporting the service users and good helpful management
Cons
Wages could be better
Official response from MAKING SPACE
15 February 2021
Thank you for your review - Could you contact me via recruitment@makingspace.co.uk and let me know what positions you have applied for and I will check on your application.
I enjoy the job that I do with Making Space. I think wages could be slightly better but it’s probably the same for all health and social care charity work. I have enjoyed my experience so far with the company.
The company did try to help as much as they could we just had no base to meet and get PPE from so we could do are job The staff was always there on the phone to support with any problems
Pros
Got to meet amazing people also to make a difference to someone day
Cons
You don’t get a long time In the homes off the service users
I really enjoyed my time with making space I was based in chorley and work and life balance was good they are a brilliant company to work for management was there to support staff
As my first job as a support worker staff and management were really helpful. There were regular team meetings and the training provided was excellent. The staff that I worked with at the time were very helpful.
Pros
Training is really good, staff team were helpful
Cons
pay
Worked at making space for a couple of years through an agency at a couple of houses, never let them down and always helped at a drop of a hat., only to be used. No loyalty whatsoever
Many of the staff are lazy and do the bare minimum, leaving the harder working staff to pick up the slack. I have frequently been disappointed by the attitude of some of the managers and directors (particularly at head office) who seem to be out of touch with how their staff work on the front line
Senior leadership not very supportive, robust or clear. Lot's of change required before could be considered a healthy working environment. Low staff morale.
Traning is the best for you to progress with day to day duties, rewarding and also challenging and sometimes stressful. But overall brilliant experience.
The level of institutional behaviour in the home I worked at was appalling and I was expected to unravel 18 years of this style within a few weeks. You’ll need a strong backbone and be confronted with a lot of resistance from the staff. Maybe do bank shifts first
Working for making space at the moment management are good & team leader .Wages are poor but most care wages are poor . They have good education programs such as training always upto date .You can get qualifications through making space which is useful.
Poor management wages are rubbish and training is held in warrington. The service users are lovely but management expect to much of you in little time and expect you to work more hours at a minutes notice
There’s cliques and if you’re not part of them or willing to do everything you can to get into them then they don’t want you around. They do not take complaints seriously and do nothing to help you. Work life balance is a joke they expect you to drop everything to stay behind and work extra hours but if you’re even 5 minutes late they complain. It’s a bully filled environment with no mental,physical or emotional support.
This was a fantastic place to gain a huge amount of experience working with people with diverse mental health problems. The staff were all proactive and we discussed regularly improvements we could make to the lives of our service users. The service users themselves were making big steps to reach their goals and it was an honour to be a part of their process.
Working with people with dementia can be stressful but the family feel to the organisation meant that there was plenty of support and I have made life long friends with those I worked with.
The time I spent working there From the start, it was fun, met some great people and enjoyed my time. I was actually amazed about when they mentioned work and life balance, that they care about employees wellbeing. however, I’ve seen non of that. Management is a bully. Racist environment Unprofessional management.
Pros
Job is ok
Cons
Working in Merseyside I found the job to be very interesting and fulfilling. I had my own caseload and gained brilliant experience and confidence in myself. However, I found a few members of the management team to be very conniving and unprofessional to put it lightly, which in the end effected my own mental health and I had to leave.
Parking is a nightmare as the office is located in the city centre and only 2 spaces available. Have the freedom to manage your own caseload of clients. Client group can be challenging and you will work hard for your wages. No 2 days are the same and great if you like being out and about as this is not a 9-5 office job.
Pros
Great team and lone working.
Cons
Can be stressful and challenging.
Overall just an amazing company to work for, good clients, good hours, food staff. Makes going to work so much easier. Supported living, not a care home therefore you’re not travelling all day long and you get to spend adequate time and care for the person you’re looking after
Pros
Good ideas, good staff
  1. Employee reviews