Mane Contract Services Limited

Mane Contract Services Limited Employee Reviews

The job was very fast paced as there was no let up and the 900 + employees had to be paid every Friday and all the reports submitted by midday, in order for the payroll to be opened up for the forthcoming week. Everyone in the team worked together to have the employees paid, it was challenging, as sometimes their information was not updated in the system, so we had to chase HR, Admin Team and the consultants for the relevant information. I learned so much about umbrella companies, CIS, Limited Companies, administrating deductions, dealing with HMRC. On a typical day Monday, we were assigned our rota for the week and this was to be done in conjunction with processing the employees hours and if a colleague was off we shared their workload. No calls were taken for wage queries until Wednesday, as the Payroll team was so busy, which I enjoyed. We had to deal with all the payroll queries that came in the week before, e.g updating our system with new wage increases, job titles, email addresses etc. Our Team Leader was very communicative on changes that we needed to know, when we had our Monday meetings. She wanted to know if we had any problems and if we needed any help in certain areas.
Did about 2 years working in London as a Steel Erector for Mane. They are one of the best paying agencies about. Wages were always paid on time, never any discrepancies. They even paid decent lodge on some sites.I’d jump back on with them in a heartbeat
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
No day was ever the same and it was always fast paced. I enjoyed the company of the people that I worked with and the company was well managed. The hardest part of the job was short notice of travel and accommodation bookings requested by consultants.
This was a contract role and the were very happy with my work and wanted me to take the job permanently. The culture of the office was like being at school.
Just another recruitment agency. Loads of benefits but not a real teamwork atmosphere. A lot of politics and broken promises from line manager. That is it.
Got a job role as welder, did not do any welding. Instead all I did was loads of other jobs, that had nothing to do with welding what so ever!! All I kept getting told was, we will get you welding, when work comes in, but welding jobs were in, ready to be worked on. Yet I was never doing any welding. It was mainly fettling and grinding all day every day
Pros
Non
Cons
Lies, lies and more lies.
Great company Fun place. People are great Great location and all new offices and ver spacious and furniture is all brand new. Great work space. Lovely dining area. Fantastic finance team Great perks
Great job money was always wrong always past the buck when asked why it was wrong. Great lads had a laugh but always got the job done. A lot of walking, great if weather is nice
Pros
Great lads
Cons
Money
I am still owed money by Mane contract services. I got some settlement minimum wage for a skilled coded position for the hours owed after a lot of battling. I have never and will never work for mane contract services again do not trust the Bs sales people there. You have been warned. I have all the proof and paperwork if anyone wants to see.
Pros
Great customer and location and conditions
Cons
I didn't get paid the agreed contract wage
I would never recommend this place to work. Company treat staff very bad. If you face doesn't fit will get rid of you very quick. I have never work for a company who go through so many staff.
Not a trusty company. not serious and full of lies. The staff is very rude when answering calls. i can think of any other recruitment business as bad as mane. Sluggish, lazy people from whom one learns nothing. bad attitude towards others.
Pros
Cons
dishonesty
Mane is a great company to work for. They show you appreciation for the work that they do and everyone gets along with each other. The office itself is open plan and delightful to work in.
The teams at mane are very independent in the fact that they can the job done easily by their selves but work together as a create team to make a functioning and productive workplace. I learned how to be more independent and how to help further benefit a team. For me the hardest part of the job was getting to grips with how their systems worked but after i learnt how it worked i easily got on with my work and colleagues
Very enjoyable place to work, great team who were all committed to the overall success of the business. Had to leave due to relocating and salary/benefits not warranting the journey
Pros
team ethos
Cons
always expected to start early and finish late
An excellent organization to work. As the IT Director, i managed the internal IT Department and all IT related projects that involved all internal business processes. Part of my role was to research and develop a more fluid departmental communicational process (via implementing an intranet by using sharepoint). The CEO was extremely forthcoming and creative.