Manpower

Manpower Employee Reviews

Featured review
Manpower selected this as a representative review
Fast paced environment no 2 days are the same always busy and opportunity to grow as an individual. Great professional environment to work and learnt a great deal working there
Pros
Friendly environment
Absolutely no support from management, never able to get hold of a staff member when you need them, emails not replied to, agency staff pass the buck when there is issues and never admit their mistakes when it comes to pay and leave you waiting saying its your own fault when you submit timesheets EXACTLY as you do every week, when you notify them of a mistake, they say it's your fault as you didn't let them know but they don't answer phones or emails to tell them.When you have an issue with a company, They always stick up for the company no matter how hard you have worked previously, how good your passed record is makes no difference.
Pros
Usually over nmw, can choose if you want to work or not.
Cons
No management support, pay often wrong
Fantastic place to work good place to work with others all work related information, skills and experiences are shared by all staff with one another brilliant place to boost your work career and achieve your goals .
I have been employed by manpower two times to work for different financial companies and manpower has always been very kind. I like the way their staff treated me.
Manpower are a good company to work for pay was good and good comunication if you needed to speak to them. The job i had was with the royal mail cleaning warehouse toilets and office, working at purfleet, i was allocated 3 hours to clean the areas so it was nice stress free working experience. Lovely little job i only left there because i had another job offer closer to home.
Pros
just it was a pleasant stress free job and people were very friendly there and excellent pay!
Cons
just the travel to the site.
Good salary, prompt payment, very structured, simple management structure, very effective interviews, again well thought out processes, felt like they they truly are supporting you at every turn.Clients are usually blue chip which reflects In the support/engagement. I had to leave due to sickness, wasn't pushed out, felt supported by local manager.. thanks for the opportunities Manpower...
Pros
Professional
Cons
Can't think of any .. just being honest
Good company when the work is there and they pay weekly always on time. At times the management are hard to get in contact with. Good places of employment.
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
They did not pay most of us, avoided our calls. Very bad attitude when asked to fix the issues. Pay rate was amazing if we were actually paid worked a month before I was paid even a fraction of what i was owed. Would not recommend. The job itself was not bad easy get a lot of hours but no point working if you aren’t getting paid !!!
Pros
Decent work. If there was any
Cons
The job itself was great and the shifts where flexible enough.The wages were good- if you actually got paid! So so many people, including myself, weren't paid properly or at all. Nobody in the MK Manpower office seems to care either!!You are basically treated as a nuisance if you have to get in touch with them because of their incompetence. They will do their best to avoid you at all costs, no-one replies to emails or picks up the phone.My advice: JUST DON'T!!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
It's Manpower
Am wondering if the skinny catty blond thing still works in the oxford office. The one who told me to walk 10 miles to work if I had to each morning. She also told me I wasent exspirienced enough or good enough for any of the jobs they had.
Pros
Cons
Nasty recruitment agents.
Amazing opportunity cant fault it good fun loving place all the management were very helpful and understanding defenately learnt something new would recomend to friends and family
Since starting at my job, Man Power have been a total shambles. Me and my whole training group had problems with them. We submitted all relevant information when applying for the job but then continued to contact us again and again asking for the same information which they already had. They also managed to get our pay wrong and continue to fail after starting the job months ago. Never again will I go for a job through them.
This place is like a boot camp can not run a bath worked there for 4 weeks and did not get any ppe this is a role for the NHS masks there no 1 person has gloves on when in contact with mask there has been 3 cases of cover 19 in honeywell the canteen is a joke people looking for there bags awl over the floor I have photos on my phone of this place in lets just say the people that has to Ware them masks will not put them on the dog never mind there face
Will emergency tax you even though you give them all of your tax information Got the job at the post office for 3 weeks Very poor communication from moira And then not a sniff of a phone call or a job offer since March Thought they were an agency with all my details made me buy £75 steel shoes that I didn’t need and don’t need Gave everyone else the equipment they needed
Pros
Cons
Drive to Grimsby
Start work with only one hour induction,usually on the nightshift.No covid spacing on the shopfloor.No rotation of tasks as promised by Manpower and 12 hour shifts.Pay slightly above minimum wage but your health will suffer.Huge turnover of staff as there is no training or prospects.
Cons
I worked for manpower 2018 in a warehouse unloading 8-12 trailers every night,,i was taken to the bay where the trainers were waiting to be unload ,,without any healthy and safety ,,indication or training how to do the job safely. I had an accident in my lower back,,due to the weights I was lifing,,I was fired immediately by the company which hired me from manpower and told me to tell manpower to send them another person who is able to do the job.and manpower never spoke to me about it.no incident book filled no medical care ,, just dumped me like a dead donkey.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Working as a temporary agent with the client New Day was most unpleasant experience. Management were cliquey, challenging. The workplace culture I realised was not a good fit for me. Learning systems required ample time, which was not given. The staff restaurant was the most enjoyable part of this job, that and leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
Staff restaurant
Cons
I embarrassed my experience with Manpower,as long as you turn up for every shift on time and don’t take any time off you will be ok.It isn’t for everyone but the money is good.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Very rigid, don’t be late and don’t be sick
Nice friendly company to work for with some excellent people working for it. Helpful management and always prepared to advise and assist when required
Pros
Good out of hours social life
Cons
Some pressure to meet collection targets
No breaks, long hours no rights. Victorian work ethics. If you complained you would be laid of. You where not paid for your full working hours it would more often be rounded down.
Pros
Cons
Many
The hose pipe company is an absolute nightmare, the man in charge with training there is sooo RUDE!!!! He is a properly grown up bully. Only gives bad feedback, so if he doesn't speak to you, your are assuming you are doing the right thing. Always moaning about you and all his other colleagues. He thinks he is the best and know everything,and the rest are rubbish. Wouldn't recommend to work in such environment everyday.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Not friendly environment
  1. Employee reviews