Manpower

Manpower Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Featured review
Manpower selected this as a representative review
Fast paced environment no 2 days are the same always busy and opportunity to grow as an individual. Great professional environment to work and learnt a great deal working there
Pros
Friendly environment
The company that hired me only hired for the sake of hiring and to sort their mess out. I handed in my notice after 4 weeks as I quickly realised I could not work there
we have no guarantee of obtaining a contract with the company therefore there is no job security what so ever. I currently work at jlr under manpower and they don't treat us the same.
I like to work for ManPower because they understand you and they help or trying to help when you have a problem or you are in a bad situation. They help you with overtime and trying to help you to earn more.
Hello, I worked at Hermes for Menpower Birmingham, I'm very dissatisfied, I worked the induction day 9 hours and then heard nothing from Menpower and I did not get my money. bad service no callback on my demand. Looks like they do not care ..
The placement was actually at Jaguar Land Rover. I would say that as an agency worker you get most of the benefits of being a JLR worker such as good salary and holidays but with none of the job security. No real work life balance as they run a three shift pattern of early's, nights and afternoons on each consecutive week. The work itself is fairly straightforward albeit very tedious. As you can imagine a production line is essentially repeating the same limited task 100's of times a day. If you an cope with that then its relatively easy work for quite substantial remuneration. Manpower themselves are a typical agency from my experience. Not particularly interested in the employee, more in service to the contractor themselves. Any problems were dealt with adequately with the occasional frustration when dealing with holiday or pay roll query.
Pros
Excellent salary for the job being done.
Cons
.Working different shifts every week takes its toll
The site i worked at was ok. But the CEO of manpower was never around and the company lacked in every department, Not a big company and was only getting smaller.
I really enjoyed working at jlr it’s a great place to work with addded bonuses such as rha all the holidays plus flexy days were u wouldn’t get at any other company felt really lucky to work here
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Not on a contract
I worked for a textile shop through Manpower agency on a temporary basis. This enabled me to start a career and build confidence within a working environment.
It's an alright firm, the management often leave a bit to be desired but you'll find that with most agencies anyway. the 12 week " Parity " pay where they near enough take a third of your wages was what eventually made me leave. apart from that they can get you into some pretty decent firms. however, you don't hear of many blokes being taken on full time at all. Overall one of the better Agencies I've worked for but that about it.
I enjoyed every bit of my work with them. Manpower takes good care of their staffs. The work/Life is excellent. There is job security and the job culture is very favourable
Everyone is lovely and welcoming. You get all the help that you need. You feel very comfortable around the people there. You can ask for help anytime that you need it.
I enjoyed the place I worked in for this agency. They found me work within a few days, I attended an interview and filled in some forms on the Friday and I was working on the following Tuesday.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Casual work
Since joining Manpower IBM I knew that this would be a great opportunity. not only to improve my existing skills on NCR machines, but to take on experience and knowledge on all Wincor produced hardware, Working with IBM has definitely helped me gain the skills and knowledge which will help me excel in my profession
Cons
No job security
The work itself was pretty easy, changing shift patterns from days to nights was hard. Co-workers were friendly, managers would help as much as they could. I learned how to perfect the job i was doing and finding the quickest possible way to complete the job to the highest standard.
Cons
Worked nights
they are always there to help and there is a lot of various job opportunities. In less than a year I have gained experience as a cashier, a courrier agent and a few other.
They were very helpful, finding me a temporary job at RBS. They ensured that they were there to help with anything you needed and made sure you were nicely settled into the job.
Pros
TSA allowance
Cons
only temporary work.
It is a busy environment that requires you to be constantly alert. Depending on the people that you work around/with, it can be fun and enjoyable - luckily, that's what it is for me. Very decent manager(s) who values and respect people, very approachable. The wages are very decent, and the hours are good.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Shift working
Working hours were 2pm until 10pm, this did mean getting used to working through the evening, a change to my usual hours of work. I was packing spectacles, checking that the items were correct and n the right boxes, matching codes and numbers. Work had to be finished on time, which meant being as quick as possible. We were a team of 10 and worked together, this meant helping others with their work and also being helped, but we got the work done. The hardest part of this job was the lifting, some boxes were very heavy but I asked my colleagues for for help and they obliged. We worked closely together which gave us the opportunity to have conservations and it was interesting to work with different age groups and hear their opinions, views and experiences.
Pros
Easy travel, use of micrwave and fridge.
Cons
Working evenings and weekends
constant work. I learnt a lot at manpower, the management are great and the co workers too. the manufacturing of the cars weren't hard at all and I enjoyed seeing the cars be build from chasis to finish
Producing high stand quality for our customers and produce a good quantity so deliveries can be made on time. Excellent rate of pay. Each day is the same.
Pros
pay weekly
Cons
12 months agency