Manpower

Manpower Employee Reviews in Newcastle upon Tyne

Featured review
Manpower selected this as a representative review
Fast paced environment no 2 days are the same always busy and opportunity to grow as an individual. Great professional environment to work and learnt a great deal working there
Pros
Friendly environment
Amazing opportunity cant fault it good fun loving place all the management were very helpful and understanding defenately learnt something new would recomend to friends and family
Nice office in good location. Temp job to assist with Post Office contract recruiting staff for various locations for Christmas. This involved contacting clients and conducting telephone interview and organizing formal assessment.
Official response from Manpower
28 August 2020
Thanks very much for your review and I'm really pleased to hear that you've had a good experience working with us. We do well as a business, thanks to the passion and dedication of our people. Thank you again for your comments and for having been part of Manpower - good luck in your future career.
the office i worked in you were put under a lot of pressure each day however the salary was good. some of the management are good however others aren't.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
strict
my typical day would just be conducting telephone interviews or taking inbound calls to solve the issues people may be having with an application. here i learned to work independently. i have mixed opinions on the management as some were lovely and very easy to talk to when others weren't, they were difficult to go to if you had an issue and weren't very accommodating. as i was on a 0 hour contract i wasn't always guaranteed work, however when i started i usually worked 3 weekdays for 4 hours and the weekend for 8 hours, by the end of working there i was rarely given shifts and was only required to work 1 day for 4 hours. the hardest part of the job was that the office is very l;rage and a lot of people there and it can become a bit crowded at times. however the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you are helping someone get a job, many people on the phones are so thankful and they are moistly lovely people.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
environment
The office is always a great place to be, but is a very busy work environment. I thoroughly enjoy the work I do, but am looking for a job with advancement opportunities.
I worked there as an Office Operative and worked with a number of clients including BT and Nat West Bank and I was given a number of responsibilities and projects
Pros
Different Roles
Cons
Low pay
It was enjoyable working at manpower. Good team to work with in the office. Mangers are flexible and always have you in mind. over all a nice office environment
i found that working for manpower taught me alot about the construction business and alot of skills to go with it i learnt alot of things i would recomend this company
The atmosphere in the office is always positive and there is help and support more often than not when needed. A good entry level HR job. E-learning platform is available to employees too,
This company was unprofessional and unorganised, there was no room for progression. The staff that worked there made the day more enjoyable - if you are looking for a stepping stone workplace this is the right company to go for.
Pros
The staff that worked there
A typical day at Manpower is taking incoming calls from customers who are having technical difficulties with their phone/broadband lines and the broadband router, guiding them through software trouble shooting steps using a combination of step by step instructions, probing questions and company software. Maybe arranging both BB and phone line engineer appointments for when trouble shooting over the phone does not resolve problem but also dding and removing telephony extras like unknown number reject, 1571 and caller display
Pros
subsidised canteen, great discounts on BT deals
To begin with I really enjoyed working for Manpower but even more so for British Telecom. However I really started to feel that I was working more for a recruitment agency and not so much for British Telecom and it felt as though I couldn't progress.
Pros
BT was a great company to work for with many benefits.
Cons
Some of the customers made personal insults towards me and I felt as though there was no support.
Worked there for over 2 years on a zero hour contract. Poor wages but was happy up to November 2015 when I was bullied by one of the managers who had a problem with her attitude and this had been documented by Manpower. Awaiting hearing for Industrial Tribunal.
Pros
Cons
Poor wages
I worked for Manpower in Newcastle for 1 year, starting 2014. The only reason i left was due to relocation. They did offer me a transfer but the commute form my new home to the new office would be too much for me. I worked as part of the Recruitment team. I completed telephone interviews and booked face to face interviews for various UK wide campaigns. I was always respected and praised or the hard work that i did and felt comfortable approaching any manager within the Centre if i had questions. The office is brand new and facilities are fantastic - new computers for everyone in the office. If you are thinking of apply, please do, you will love it!!!
Pros
Team, office and management
Cons
Having worked for Manpower for 2 years as part of the Manpower Out of Hours service, i would love to recommend them. The new, modern facilities are based in Newcastle City Centre which is great for access via public transport and local car parking facilities. One of the great things about working here is the fact that they develop from within. We attend bespoke quarterly training sessions and are regularly mentored by our line managers. We are all valued as individuals as well as a team and it makes the whole environment very positive. The Moral within the whole office is great.
Pros
Company, Facilities and Team moral
One of the worst places I have ever worked in. I can find nothing good to say except some great work colleagues. Managers are unprofessional and bullies, would not get a job anywhere else but they have been there for years. The training is rubbish and any mistake is jumped upon. High turnover of staff and lots of backstabbing which seems to be encouraged by one manager in particular. There are loads of better jobs out there. Pay is a joke £6.50 for loads of responsibility. Have moved to a new company now and I am loving it. Glad I am out of there and wouldn't advise any one to take up a zero hour nightmare of a job here.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
bullying and unprofessional management
The work itself isn't too difficult, but the pay is very very poor and there is little security with zero hour contracts in place. The office itself is poorly maintained, with unclean toilet and kitchen facilities and only a couple of parking spaces for managers. Management is shockingly bad at CORE North in Newcastle. Managers surround and protect themselves with yes-people, who they themselves come across as cliquey, arrogant and ignorant. Oh, these so-called 'leaders' enjoy "powdering their noses", and are very open about it. Because of these problems, management treat it as their own little empire and will do everything in their power to ensure that no 'higher-ups' can see how it is ran. Co-workers on the other hand are very nice, we're obviously in the same boat and share similar grievances together. These workers are underpaid, overworked and deserve so much better. Ambitions are shot-down immediately and feedback given from 'leaders' is generally negative, demoralising or even offensive. The queue of people looking to leave continues to grow, without management addressing the original issues at hand. I would kindly advise anyone thinking of working for Manpower to consider somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management, zero hours contract, little pay, little reward
The company has excellent internal moral. Fast paced environment to work in. I have learned about attention to detail and how to manage my day effectively.
A normal day at the office will consist of registering candidates face to face, talking on the phone to clients and candidates, references chasing an all aspects of administration duties. I enjoy meeting the candidates face to face and being able to assist their needs. i work well with my team and get along great with my mangers. the hardest part of my job is keeping travelling to various places to get the right candidates registered but doing this ensure that they are the best candidates available.
Pros
Great Team
Good company to work for friendly people good pay really great job in the summer
  1. Newcastle upon Tyne