Manpower

Manpower Employee Reviews for Driver

They are helping me to look for a job, but currently it's quite, I used to work for them at Hermes as the company driver, it all was a temporary thing.
28 August 2020
Good to hear that we are supporting you - thank you for your review and I am sure it is only a matter of time before we place you in your new role.
Good company when the work is there and they pay weekly always on time. At times the management are hard to get in contact with. Good places of employment.
Pros
Pay ok
7 April 2021
Thank you for your 5* review. It is very pleasing to know that Manpower provides an excellent service to its temporary workforce.
I worked for Manpower on the Royal Mail contract before ADR took it over. I always found the staff easy to talk to, and they would always try to accommodate my shift requests. I had pay parity with Royal Mail drivers after an initial period which made the work very attractive.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Excellent Agency Have worked for Manpower twice now a year on each contract have thoroughly enjoyed it the staff are very professional Look forward to continuing to work for them and doing more contracts in the future driving or me to Reading services Ltd
28 August 2020
Great to hear you found us supportive. Thank you for your review.
Lack of communication. Three months since I left, still no P45, and no one answers my emails. It was worse when I worked there, They contact you when they need you, when you need something from them they’re busy or holidays or something else. Or simply not picking up the phone.
Manpower were purely agents for my job at CRo. They like all agencies want you to work as many hours as they want regardless of you wanting a life as well., but they always paid on time which in my mind is all I ask from an agency.
Good company to work for. I found some of the office staff are full of they’re own importance. If you can tolerate that, they’re a good company to work for. I did Royal Mail via Manpower.
Great place to work for but not getting the hours now that I was when I started with them, no fault of Manpower though, the docks where I was working has gone really quiet.
First assignment was Parcelforce and always had something since that ended Staff are awesome but some of the assignments the hours are longer then expected which was a tad annoying as it impeached on life and got complaints from family. But the variety is awesome can’t dispute that
Jobs were notified sometimes on day of task so not ideal. Jobs that were longer than 1 day were notified at the beginning of task. Could be working for multiple clients in same week
Pros
You could choose what days to work
Cons
Sometimes only 1 day in a job
Agency don't have a clue what they are doing. Full of fake promises and sack anyone at any opportunity then walk you out the building like you've committed a crime when in fact you've only had a couple days of ill. Terrible human beings that run there London office anyway!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay
good staff to deal with but limited on work variety and location great training and was able to start quickly once attended the job once my name was remebred therefore was able to return back
nice office staff at the Grays office, good shifts at Royal Mail and Tecso, pay was fair would work for them again if they had the right work for me.....
good pay and very good to work for. Really helpful people to find you work. good communication skills. if you do go for a job with the agency i would recommend going through Fred styler amazing bloke.
Dischargeing of cars/solo units from off the ships making sure they go to the correct compound. You may get 2 or 3 days work, pay is minimum wage....
Pros
Quick employment
Cons
Not many days work
everything depends on work they found you to do they keep minimum contact with worker you have to watch your hours if soomething missing but personally i think its not bad agency to work for
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
yeah always a friendly bunch in the office, work dries up from time to time but when its there i cant complain. always new and challenging obstacle to over come which are met by manpower as taken in their stride which is never a bad thing in my eyes personally.
Pros
something new each week
Cons
no real job security being agancy
I found the experience lacked personal contact ie via phone conversations etc, so often felt unsupported.I didnt have any workplace culture experience, hardest part of the job understanding the portal for time sheet etc.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Lack of support
in my opinion and experience , this is not a recruitment company but merely a labour broker for companies only prepared to pay lowest possible wages, I cannot recommend them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
do not place you within easily commutable positions
This is only an angecy i only worked with them for a few months while i found a permenant position so cannot write a full review regarding manpower logistics.
worked here twice now and they always try and look after me, wage slips online and always avaiable 2-3 days before you get paid
Pros
different companies to work for
Cons
not guaranteed work