Manpower

Manpower Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

manpower are an employment agency based in reading and very helpful in the initial form filling and helping you to find employment if they can in the area you require
28 August 2020
Thank you very much for writing this review. Much appreciated.
28 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoy working with us!
My time with Manpower was only 6 or 7 months but I have no complaints. Other people had gripes but some people always have gripes. I like upfront honesty about job assignments, conditions, holiday pay etc and Manpower usually found an answer.
Pros
Too short term.
Cons
Non.
12 May 2021
Thank you for your review. It is pleasing to know you enjoyed your time working through Manpower.
They did not pay most of us, avoided our calls. Very bad attitude when asked to fix the issues. Pay rate was amazing if we were actually paid worked a month before I was paid even a fraction of what i was owed. Would not recommend. The job itself was not bad easy get a lot of hours but no point working if you aren’t getting paid !!!
Pros
Decent work. If there was any
7 April 2021
Hi, I’m sorry to learn you’ve had a bad experience. At Manpower we pride ourselves on the quality of service we offer, therefore should you wish to provide the details via our feedback system https://www.manpower.co.uk/staticpages/10375/escalate-a-complaint/, please feel free to do so. We value your comments, as it will assist us in implementing improvements to our service.
This place is like a boot camp can not run a bath worked there for 4 weeks and did not get any ppe this is a role for the NHS masks there no 1 person has gloves on when in contact with mask there has been 3 cases of cover 19 in honeywell the canteen is a joke people looking for there bags awl over the floor I have photos on my phone of this place in lets just say the people that has to Ware them masks will not put them on the dog never mind there face
I worked for manpower 2018 in a warehouse unloading 8-12 trailers every night,,i was taken to the bay where the trainers were waiting to be unload ,,without any healthy and safety ,,indication or training how to do the job safely. I had an accident in my lower back,,due to the weights I was lifing,,I was fired immediately by the company which hired me from manpower and told me to tell manpower to send them another person who is able to do the job.and manpower never spoke to me about it.no incident book filled no medical care ,, just dumped me like a dead donkey.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
They are recruiter agent in a world where the workers have no real insurance and could not be member of trade unions. So workers are simply voluntarily slaves.
Communication is poor from the start. Initially was told a post was 24 hours to week. Found this to be total fabrication as the company they are providing staff for work on a week by week basis and hours are allocated according to the business's need. Do no inform you if there is no work for the week. Turned up for what I was told a 4 hour shift, turned into 2 and a half hours. Manpower need to be honest from the start how exactly a job is going to be, not just to make it up as they go along. Just want potential workers to be on standby for when the work comes in. Hourly rate was the only pro for working for these.
Pros
Hourly rate was the pro.
Cons
Poor communication, poor people management
28 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback and comments. I'm sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We will take your feedback on board and your comments will be used to make further improvements. Thank you.
Poor disrespectful employers who are not at all interested in you or helping, worked nights at Royal mail in Normanton which is fine but they give total mixed messages about how you register your times of work. To top it all off they then get annoyed when you ask how to get the problem sorted out, so now having to wait another week to be paid. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
28 August 2020
Hi there, thank you for your honest feedback. I am sorry to learn of your negative experience. I would welcome the opportunity to understand in greater detail what you have described via the following link: http://bit.ly/2KvLAnK as all our candidates and associates are important to us. Any further feedback will be used where possible to make changes for the better. Thank you.
Working for Manpower was hard work for to begin with especially never having done work like that before but once i got stuck in i really enjoyed it, made lots of friends and occasionally had a laugh on breaks. The job certainly paid good and the work hours fit in with my daughter still being able to spend time with her during the day before heading to work. The management was very polite and easy to talk to if i ever had an issue or was not sure of something. Working for Manpower has taught me i can work in a hard and fast paced environment and i am able to work of my own initiative.
28 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed working with us!
Payroll messed my tax deductions have a letter from HMRC year later to stating manpower has under paid on all weekly wage slips there increasing my tax deductions for the next 12 months to correct manpower's mistake would of thought a organisation like this would be able to get this right first time If you are reading this then you really need to contact HMRC and make sure they haven't messed up your tax deductions Work life balance is good work the hours i want to commit to so its more like flexi time i can work my life around this, on site rep's friendly to approach Good rates of pay for annual leave
28 August 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some problems with your pay. We are a people business and are proud of our employees and believe in rewarding everyone's efforts. We have robust processes to ensure our employees get paid correctly and on time, but occasionally something goes wrong. I sincerely apologise if you have been affected by a payroll issue and I appreciate that one late or incorrect payment is one too many. We are working hard to ensure such errors are a thing of the past. Thank you.
A challenging work place,allows for a constant brainstorning on how to get things faster and better next time. A potential to grow in that enviroment.
The company was a good company to work for, but as it was agency work, it was a little sporadic. Much of my work load was sorting through files and preparing them for scanning onto a database.
Pros
Flexible break times
Cons
Unsociable hours
Don't do it poor paying on time. Constant wrong from the start and for a example three weeks to sort out purple zone basic payment method most agencies get rite first time. Advice given if u want to be treated as equal stay well clear. The days are gone when it was a top agency. Here comes the truth fact.
Pros
Can't recall anything.
Cons
Plenty will tell u anything then call you a fibber. Not.
was a good experience with manpower and fun place. Manpower gave the opportunities to know how i'm hard-workers and i learn how to work in the group with another peoples
Not bad company just sometimes had jobs with tough employers or company's that only had temporary work.overall though nice people that do try and help you get into work.
good place to work in if you want to work nightshifts.shift varieds from 5pm til 1am or 8pm til 4am from Monday to Friday or sunday to Thursday.very tiring,but worth the money at the end of the week
never had a problem enjoyed the work like working hard and hitting targets.Learnt how to use scanner guns,typical shift included sorting parcels scanning to correct place loading vans .Management were always friendly and approachable
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
Royal mail is a good company and their once again provided a great amount of opportunity for a variety of people. My role usually consisted of sorting out mail in the building into the chosen categories.
too far, most of the people there did not speak my language, they cancelled our bus that was meant to take us there from home and it was 40+ miles away, but they still paid to fly people in from Romania because they worked for less money, I was messed about constantly with my wages and I could never get hold of them, the managers didn't do their jobs properly.
Was a good place to work to gain different experiences but was never permanent so always a risk of when it would end although the staff do try to keep you rolling into another job where ever possible.
Pros
variety of roles
Cons
never knew when could finish
Was a good company to work for but there management talk to you like your worthless. I am there to work not be spoken down to like I am a nobody.....
Cons
Long hours. Short breaks