Maria Mallaband Care Group

Maria Mallaband Care Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Maria Mallaband Care Group selected this as a representative review
They are a good company and i can recommend them. The hours are also great and the management are also great too.working with them feels like a family
Pros
Good management
9 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad your team has become a little family as this is what we aim to achieve in the homes. Thanks again!
I have joined Maria Mallaband a year ago and I am confident to say that is a great company to work for. Having had experience with many different care providers I can say that this is one of the best. In Cedar Court staff members are valued and encouraged to progress within the home and the company. Management and staff are always focused on the high quality of care. The team at Cedar Court is fantastic, compassionate, caring and constantly applying the values of the company being supported by a wonderful dedicated management team.
Pros
High standars
I have been working with MMCG since September 2020 and I am very pleased. friendly and very helpful colleagues, manager and admin. After 2 months of work, they offered me trainings and upgrade my qualifications. The company also offers free transport from Guildford and Cranleigh as well as accommodation for little rent. So it is very helpful in the beginning and if someone would like to move nearby close to work.
Pros
Free lunches and transport from several places.
I have been working at an MMCG home for 4 years. It's a good company. I've had opportunity for career advancement and have been recognised in the company award scheme. The wages are competitive. I would recommend MMCG as a good company to work for.
Pros
Good team to work with
1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you have been recognised, we want all staff to feel appreciated. The hours can be long however, it is so rewarding.
A Home away from Home.A combination of corroborative & personal touch demonstrated in a professional manner setting high, reliable & comfortable standards of living.Family oriented approach exercised by the Windmill team at all times adaptable to deliver & tailor the needs of our residents.
Pros
Approachable management & Flexible work schedules
1 March 2021
Thank you for this lovely review - We want to thank you all for your hard work throughout these difficult times.
Manager is supportive and encourages care workers to further their careers. Colleagues are friendly and helpful. Very busy home and is stressful but nice when relatives are appreciative of what you do.
Cons
Extremely Busy
26 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a review - Care can be a very busy at times, but it is always worth it.
I feel very supported within my role as Senior Care Assistant. I am confident in the team I work alongside and know I can ask for help where needed. Even on the busier days, I do not feel overwhelmed as there is always someone on hand to answer my questions and a well trained and experienced care team to delegate tasks to.
Pros
Progression in the company, variety of courses to enrol on
Cons
Long shifts
26 February 2021
It's great to hear you like how we support staff to progress in their careers. Also hearing you have a good team to work alongside. Thank you for the review.
I have worked here for nearly 3 years and although the last year has been extremely challenging with the COVID Pandemic, my team and I have supported each other to continue to provide excellent care for our Residents. There is a lot of support and resources from Maria Mallaband and they really want you to strive to make a difference!
Pros
Great Team Work
Cons
Long hours at times
26 February 2021
We want to thank everyone for pulling together during these strange and testing times - you are all heroes!
MMCG has given me the opportunity to excel in my clinical skills. Working in the environment, with the training provided, working as a team, I not only develop my career, but as well as a person. Great company to work, as I have experience in NHS and other private care homes.
Pros
Training, team work, feeling supported.
26 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a review - We try to push all of our staff members to achieve their careers goals with our training and support.
It has been 6 years now working for the company. During these years we had lots of challenges but working as a great team we have managed to achieve great things at Cedar Court and provide the best quality care to our residents. The company has been very supportive with future training & development, in here everyone works very well, supporting each other and been and having a good balance between work and personal life. More great things to follow.
Pros
The support from management
26 February 2021
Thank you for this brilliant review and for staying with us for 6 years!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maria Mallaband Care Group?
I have started working for this company about a month ago and everybody is so nice. I've had a complete training and E-Learning (which was a bit of a painful and long process). The staff has been very helpful and considerate. Overall, it's such a fun and relaxed place to work at !
Pros
Helpful staff and managers
Cons
E-learning
24 February 2021
E-Learning is one of the longer parts of training that does have to be done - but I'm glad that overall you are enjoying your time with us and find your team supportive and friendly. We wish you all the best.
I love working for this company. The management are superb providing support when we need it. During the covid pandemic they have kept us very safe and have offered staff counselling whenever we need it. The residents always come first and the care we give is amazing. All staff work as a team no matter what department we work in. It really is a pleasure to come to work especially in these difficult times at present.
Pros
Support from management. Working as part of team. Job satisfafaction on each shift we work.
18 February 2021
This year has been hard for everyone - especially for Key Workers like yourselves! We want to say thank you for your hard work and determination, it really doesn't go unnoticed. We are glad you feel safe in the workplace and are happy with the measures put in place.
I’ve been at MMCG for over a year now, and I’ve come from a totally different industry of personal training. I can honestly say that the company MMCG and the actual care home I work in Belvoir Vale have been the most supportive company I’ve ever worked for, especially during the current climate and pandemic. The team and company as a whole have been fantastic so much so that my partner has joined the company. The managers are very supportive and create and encourage career opportunities. The colleagues you work with are hard working, caring and fun to be with. It is a family vibe and a family that you feel you really want to be a part of! Couldn’t recommend higher really.
18 February 2021
Thank you for this amazing review and it is great to hear that your partner has joined us too! We want to thank all our staff for their hard work throughout this pandemic as we know it hasn't been easy but you have all pulled through.
I’ve worked here for 2 years, I think our homeHas handled covid really well, we have had no cases which I feel very proud of, we are keeping our second family safe, and that’s what it’s like working there, we are a family, we look out for each other, I feelExtremely proud to be part of a great team. I wouldn’t say my job is easy most days it is stressful and most days I say I’m looking for another job, but I love what I do and I feel safe from covid within the home, and I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else.
Pros
Staff friendly, brand values followed
Cons
Hourly wage could be better, especially with the hard work the carers have put in during the pandemic, maybe an overtime incentive, maybe pay an extra £2 an hour, or weekend and night enhancements
18 February 2021
Thank you for working so hard through the pandemic - your hard work does not go unnoticed. I will pass on your improvement comments. It is great to hear that you are 'part of the family' as that is what we aim for in our homes.
I joined the Maria Mallaband care group in late November 2020, I’m completely new to care, I’m working at Mary Chapman Court Norwich and found the management team and staff very supportive in helping me develop the skills I need to give the best possible care to the residents.The company has great opportunities to further your skills and hopefully in the near future I’ll benefit from this.
Pros
Training learning
18 February 2021
It is great to hear you have decided to join us as a Care Assistant with no previous experience and we have been able to train you up. We hope you enjoy your new career and find it worthwhile.
Group has a high ethos on learning. Allows people to develop between roles if this is desired. Supportive group that always has the people living in the services at the heart. Works with all people working in every department on an equal footing to be the best they can.
Pros
Supportive, allows progression.
18 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we do pride ourselves on offering staff the training and support they need to further their careers.
I have recently been promoted within the company and I am enjoying my new role and the challenges that go with it.In my new role I visit and support other Administrators and Home Managers within my region. I also cover any vacant admin roles as & where necessary. My aim is to ensure that all the homes in my region are all working in the same way and providing all the information needed at Head Office to ensure the smooth running throughout the process. As I am new at this role, the transition is tough - especially with the current Covid19 situation as I am limited on which homes I can actually visit. I am sure as time goes by, this will become a most enjoyable and rewarding role.
Pros
Visiting various other homes
Cons
Longer hours including the driving
18 February 2021
Congratulations on the promotion! We are in strange times at the moment but the fact you have jumped into the role and got on with it shows real determination and we thank you for this. You should be proud of your promotion and well done for receiving this. Thank you for the kind words.
I have been the manager at Mary Chapman Court for nearly two years now and I love working here. I have worked for many different providers both national and independant and this is by far and away the best. Staff are valued and encouraged to progress within the home and within the company. Residents are the focus and quality of care is upheld at all times we are supported by our Regional Director, HR and Quality Team to ensure that we are able to meet these standards.There are clear lines of communication where you are encouraged to seek help and given support when needed. The staff team here at Mary Chapman are exceptional and really care about what they do, we really are an extended family.
Pros
Support and Staff Team
15 February 2021
Thank you for helping run such a successful home - all staff are happy and motivated to work at Mary Chapman and this is great to hear. This review really shows how teams within the home and externally work together on a daily basis to help run a happy and thriving home - Thank you!
15 February 2021
This is the second time I have worked at The Belvedere Care Home. I chose to come back as it is the cleanest care home I have worked in. Residents are very well cared for here. Competitive rate of pay.
Pros
Training/ Health and Social Diplomas.
15 February 2021
Thank you for returning to us - we pride ourselves on our homes and the standards we set. We are glad you have pointed out the training and presume you have had the opportunity to go on some courses and further your career with us which is brilliant.
I’ve been working at Mary Chapman Court for over a year now and I absolutely love it there. Our managers are easily approachable and supportive. All staff are supportive and put residents first. We’re like a little family, always there for one another if we need a chat. I will stay here as long as I can. Will highly recommend Mary Chapman Court to anybody who wants to work in care.
Pros
Training for NVQ qualifications and lots of benefits
15 February 2021
Thank you for this review and pointing out we offer fully funded training and some amazing benefits! All of our staff are entitled to training to help them reach their career goals. It is great to hear the team at Mary Chapman are supportive and there for each other - good team morale!
I have worked at Mary Chapman Court for many years now. So that’s says it all. I’m not the kind of person who would stay in a role or company if I wasn’t happy. The residents and staff here are my extended family. I enjoy my role and going in to work. All the departments in the home work so hard to achieve the same goal; the best quality of care for our residents. All the staff care so much about what they are doing day to day to keep up the high standards expected. The company benefits available to us are very good.
Pros
Staff benefits
15 February 2021
We are glad we have made such a good impression and that you have stayed with us for so long! Everyone's hard work gets noticed daily by all staff members and we couldn't do it without you. Team work and team morale are so important so it is great to see you all work together well.