Maria Mallaband Care Group

Maria Mallaband Care Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom311 reviews

mallabandmariacarersresidentlovelycarersupportstaff

Mixed Opinions

For the most part, it's a really fun and friendly environment with your colleagues and the residents and even with some members of the management team. There is a lot less staff than there needs to be for the amount and the kind of residents that they accept, for a residential home, there's a lot of nursing patients that end up there. And the care assistants aren't nurses, they're not qualified to deal with nursing patients but they have to anyway.

Pros

Staff relationships

Cons

Staff levels

14 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We aim for all working environments to be friendly and fun so thank you for pointing this out. Our homes should be an enjoyable place for our staff and residents alike. Our recruitment team has grown over the past few months so that we can work on our staffing levels as we have had some issues to work on during the pandemic which has affected many businesses, especially care. We can ensure there is someone in the home who is qualified to deal with any nursing patients. Your feedback is very helpful.

Fast paced

Staff are very friendly, work well together as a team. Manager approachable at all times. Learned a lot from the nurses while working closely along side them.

Insights into Maria Mallaband Care Group

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Avoid!

So, I started working for this company as I would say I’m a caring person. The residents are lovely and their family’s. However, the management are an absolute joke. They keep themselves locked away in their office and never see them on the floor. Most days your working on your own with one (maybe two if your lucky) agency! The agency don’t have a clue what they’re doing. Seniors don’t help at all. Most days your doing three peoples job by yourself. It’s extremely understaffed and you don’t stop from the moment you enter the building. There’s next to no kitchen staff so your helping out there as-well as everything else you do. The seniors order you around knowing full well you’re busy. You can be physically and mentally drained and they’ll still pick at you for anything they can to make their day easier. Most days I couldn’t get a lunch break as it was so short staffed. Let’s not get started on the conditions of the home it’s self! Management love to play games when it comes to holidays. Authorise your holiday and when it comes to the time say you won’t get paid if you don’t come in! If you have any self respect, do not work for this company. Definitely not worth the daily stress.

Pros

Home time

Joke of management

Absolute show of a company. Will destroy any love u have for the job. Go to a place u r valued. Stressful long hours for no little thanks and understaffed

Pros

Cons

Where do I start

not a healthy work environment

management are very clicky, certain staff are always in managements favour & certain staff can do no wrong. not a nice place to work & lots of conflict of interest with the manager thinking she is above people even company policy. very negative atomsphere.

Stressful

Low morale, low staffing, badly managed, staff leaving and no new staff to replace them. Always running out of basic equipment/materials in order to provide care. Basically run by agency nurses and carers

Pros

Hard working colleagues

Cons

stressful work, low pay

Disappointing.

While the advertised hourly wage seems competitive, in reality it really is not as the company suffers from understaffing and unreasonable staff to patient ratios. For patient safety there should be more staff both day and night, considering that care package prices in the facility are very, very high. Employment here will be a rough start - no adequate introductions, no adequate shadowing, no guidance as most staff you will be working with is agency staff. Sink or swim. Unsuitable for those new to care. Regular local staff are few, but most are fairly caring and take effort to know the residents better. The few bad apples do spoil the bunch as workplace culture is not good - lots of gossiping and a case of ''too many cooks in the kitchen''. Nurses seem to have disagreements with team leads over trivial things. The building is purpose built and is very enticing, with various facilities offered for residents such as a mini cinema, bistro area, elegant dining rooms and tasteful decor, however it all seems just for show. The home has the potential to be really nice but it would take a lot of work and a lot of effort. Standards fluctuate due to high reliance of agency staff in all sectors, from catering to care. Sometimes agency staff show up late, sometimes not at all. Sometimes medication rounds are delayed by an unacceptable margin due to this. It is impossible to have a high standard like this and more effort should be made to employ permanent staff. Management is fairly absent and unapproachable. Since the opening of the home there have been several management changes -

Pros

Nice building, residents have lots of snacks and drinks offered 24/7, some good staff

Cons

Unapproachable management, reliance on agency staff, fluctuating standards, poor teamwork at times

Beautiful Environment, Amazing opportunity

I am currently a receptionist for one of the Maria Mallaband homes in the North East. From first walking through the doors, I was greeted with such friendly and approachable staff who are always willing to give you a helping hand. The carers I have seen have such a passion for their job, and the level of care I have seen every resident receive is exceptional. Anyone who is willing to put their effort into their role are always rewarded greatly. Even if experience is limited, the company provides full training to get people the experience needed!I myself have been given opportunities to excel and grow in my knowledge with all the training programmes the company provides. I am so grateful I have a job here and would encourage anyone to give it a try!

10 August 2022
Thank you so much for your kind words, we really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Being able to help our staff members grow in their careers is something we are proud we can offer. Everyone deserves a chance to gain more knowledge about the role they are in and opportunities they could have. We look forward to hearing about your progression with us at MMCG!

Understaffed

Understaffed, low morale, fast turnover. Four managers in the nine months I worked there, the first one was quite good so they got rid of her pronto! Sad.

25 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write to us and provide your feedback. We are sorry to read about your experience with us at Maria Mallaband. We have faced some tough times in terms of recruitment due to COVID however, our internal recruitment team have grown in this time therefore we have more resources helping us fill these vacancies.Your comments and feedback will be shared with our leadership team and actioned further. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please get in touch by emailing sharewithus@mmcg.co.uk.

Good management and staff cooperation.

MMCG Is a good company. Pay is good and prompt. The management is superb and carries everyone along. There is staff support. Open communication among staff members. The manager is good and sees everyone as family. I got total support from all staff members.

25 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review, we value all comments made. We hope that our homes feel like a family where each individual is supported in their work life and with any progression they wish to take. Our Managers are chosen because of their passion for caring and supporting colleagues so thank you for mentioning this. Honest reviews like this really help shine a light on the amazing work of our teams and draw new staff members into our amazing homes to join our family. Thank you.

No management skills, doesn't listen to carers needs, basic care not being given. Not enough dedicated carers.

Difference positive strategies need implemented to ensure carers feel valued and listened to. Not enough carers to go above and beyond to ensure residents are cared for the way they deserve.

Pros

Make residents smile

Cons

No managent skills to ensure carers wellbeing.

25 July 2022
Thank you for sharing your views with us, we are sorry to hear these are not positive. The care given to our residents is taken very seriously so all matters raised will be shared with our leadership team and actioned. If you do wish to elaborate on your comments please email us on sharewithus@mmcg.co.uk.

Good to work for.

I have worked for MMCG for a number of years and have for the majority thoroughly loved working for and with Maria Mallaband. The training and development is the best quality i have come across. The support teams have been mostly very supportive and the majority very approachable. It terms of career advancement there are very clear paths for grades below Care Home Managers.

23 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and a positive one at that!We pride ourselves on our training and development programmes so we thank you for highlighting this. We look closely at what training will be appropriate for our staff but also, what could benefit them in the future. We aim for all of our members of staff to progress with us and have many different career pathways for the majority to go down. Support in moving on to other roles or progressing in the role you are in is something we will always do as everyone deserves a chance to train and develop with us.

Poor management

3 months pregnant and management tried to force me to work whilst I contagious virus was going around! Refused me to have risk assessments carried out even with request from midwife! Poor support from management! Poor quality of care for residents more interested in the £1000s they charge for a week!! Poor food standards! Never work or even put a family member in these homes!

23 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write to us and provide your feedback. We are sorry to read about your experience with us at Maria Mallaband, this is certainly not how we expect you or any of our colleagues to be treated. Your health and wellbeing, as well as all our colleagues is top priority, and we are sorry you did not feel this way. Your comments and feedback will be shared with our leadership team and actioned further. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please get in touch by emailing sharewithus@mmcg.co.uk.

Great team of staff and residents allround

I have been working for this company for 1 month so far and I can’t fault any of my management or colleagues. The level of help and accommodation I have received from my job especially during these chaotic times due to COVID and everything that comes with it, management and nurses get stuck in when they are needed and if you’re ever feeling overwhelmed a chat with one of the nurses or being cheered up by a casual chat with a resident will be sure to help you find your feet again. I mentioned being overwhelmed due to still not being confident within myself after my shadow shifts had finished so my manager went out of her way to ensure I got more time to shadow. Cannot fault

Pros

Kitchen staff always offer food to staff for breaks, staff work well together

Cons

Long hours but doesn’t tend to drag in

10 May 2022
We appreciate the time you have taken to leave such a heartfelt review. The whole care sector has felt the impact of COVID and it really has made jobs harder for everyone. Thank you for mentioning how everyone has been stuck in at the homes as this shows great teamwork within the home. Management are always on hand for any extra support needed which is so important especially in this sector. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a positive review.

Most rewarding job

I worked at Carmel Lodge care home for a year, then relocated to Hope Green Care home. Can honestly say I miss working at both these care homes, one of the most rewarding jobs you could ask for. Amazing staff, made some brilliant work friendships which I will forever remember. Sadly due to travel staying with the company was becoming an issue, but if you are looking for a challenge, every day different and memories that you will hold on to type of job. Apply to work for these care homes. The people are amazing, caring and I can not thank all the management and workers for their support and friendship!

Pros

Caring, Friendships, Support, Training

Cons

Personal - Travel

30 March 2022
Thank you for leaving such a heartfelt review. We are sorry you had to leave due to travel reasons but if your circumstances change at all, please let our recruitment team know and we would be happy to help!

Not too bad

You work with good people. People are willing to teach you and give you time to get used to it. Working hours is flexible and the manager is very nice. But you need to served people with very different medical conditions which make you confused. You work in the floor with normal residents but suddenly change you to the floor with dementia, that makes you really confused as you are not easily get familiar with the residents and the residents don’t get familiar to you.

30 March 2022
Our homes are filled with caring staff and residents alike. Some of our homes do have multiple floors covering different medical needs but, all staff have full training and guidance to help them when moving about the home.

Stressful and fast paced

This company wasn’t too bad to work with but pay for was really low and working conditions were not great. The staff and colleagues form quite a tight knit family

30 March 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, we love to hear about homes becoming like family to residents and staff alike. We will be taking all comments on board regarding pay and working conditions and these will be looked into.

Stressfull and fast pace

Stressfull and fast pace environment, Management support you until you pass your probation period. they have good team work and the only thing that missing is more information on the process.

30 March 2022
Good team work is what we like to hear! We have recently introduced a new induction process now which allows staff to get to know more about the business, ask any questions they wish and feel more confident going into their new roles.

Bad management

Really bad management, no one cares about the staff or people there. If you have a problem and try to speak with them, nobody is there for you. `i was trying so many times via email, or face to face to speak with them ... they just ignored me ...like I'm not there. I think that is enough. Big-name but not good management, the money is the only thing they care about.

30 March 2022
We are sorry to hear about your experience with us at MMCG as this is not how we operate. Please feel free to send across a detailed email to recruitment@mmcg.co.uk.

Very good Company to work and progress

I have started off as a Senior Care Assistant and progress all the way towards the Home Manager, - Company is supportive, responsive and welcoming to work for. As a senior we tent to work 12 hrs shifts sometimes half days but we than get more time off in a week - bonus.Staff are welcoming - its a hard work as a Senior or a care assistant, but rewarding. Community and residents is the most rewarding part of the job looking after people and being needed. its hard and stressful at times but you also have great time laugh and building great friendships.

Pros

Great community of staff and residents are lovely

Cons

Pay for staff could be increased

30 March 2022
We love to hear about success stories from staff at MMCG - thank you for sharing! Providing opportunities for staff to progress in their careers is something we pride ourselves on.

Poor

Bad practices carried out by staff. No proper induction or training given. Management do not care for staff and their well-being. It is common to work over your contracted hours and you will be bullied into taking on extra hours.

Pros

Cannot think of any pros

Cons

Long hours, no training or induction. No proper work ethos and lack of empathy across board

30 March 2022
We are sorry to hear about your issues at MMCG. We have introduced a new induction process now so all new staff will be able to learn more about the business and ask any questions before they start in their roles. We will be looking into all comments made and you can always email us at recruitment@mmcg.co.uk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maria Mallaband Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Maria Mallaband Care Group with

Learn about Maria Mallaband Care Group in popular locations

• Maria Mallaband Care Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?