Maria Mallaband Care Group logo
Maria Mallaband Care Group

Maria Mallaband Care Group Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

I like the honesty of the company.

The mean management are working hard and also they support those health care assistant who work hard like them. The owner of this company seems they tried their best to look after their employees. They understand how hard it is to work loads.

Pros

Job security

Cons

No free lunch

Awful

Other care assistants I worked alongside were lovely and also were the residents . However, I could not say the same about the management. Management was poor and every day I worked was disorganised, no structure, understaffed and shifts would get changed without been told. Would absolutely not recommend.

Pros

Wage was decent

Cons

Understaffed. Disorganised and poor management

I have worked in a few care homes but working at Belvoir vale is like working with your family. Best management I have ever had and work colleagues are amazing. Every one pulls together come what may

Pros

Every thing

24 May 2021
Thank you for this amazing review and we are so glad to hear how happy you are at Belvoir Vale!

Very clicky and unapproachable staff and management

Always ringing you up on days off even if your on holiday and they didn't care that you've just done 6 shifts on trot. When I worked there plenty of staff would look down on you just because you havnt been there long. I often saw residents get left or miss treated I'd get a funny look from all nurses and management and they would point someone out and have a go at them In front of everyone it was very in professional. Staff only care about cig breaks and its a race which side gets done. In the dementia unit residents were made to sit down just because staff was tired and didn't want to walk around with them. I could go on all day long but I have found a new job since then and the best thing I ever did was leave and I work in mental health now and since working there I realised how bad this place actually was.

Pros

Leaving job

24 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we are sorry to hear about your bad experience with us. I hope all your problems were voiced to your HR Manager so they could look into the issues. We will be looking into everything you have mentioned because this is not how we expect an MMCG home to be.

great place to work

great place to work, all staff get along and work as a team. it can be fast paced at times but working together helps make it easier. employee of the month scheme helps to motivate staff. the company benefits are good.

Pros

company benefits

13 May 2021
Thank you for this wonderful review - care is a fast-paced sector but it is so worth it especially when you have a great team behind you!

13 May 2021
Thank you for this good review. We are glad the employee scheme helps motivate staff.

Didnt know what to expect

I worked in hospitality before covid and saw the job advertised. The team welcomed me, I had a good induction and training before they let me do things on my own. There are menus that the manager has worked on with resident and relatives so it's really person centred. Good proceses for ordering foodStaff all get on with each other too which is good. The head office staff that come in seem nice and are always busy.

Pros

Good manager and support

Cons

Can be busy

13 May 2021
We are so happy to hear how well you have settled into your role with us. Thank you for leaving this review and highlighting all the positives at the home.

Management to clique

Worst experience of my 43 years of working. No structure, training was minimal due to circumstances within the home. Some work colleagues were rude and disrespectful. One rule for one and another rule for others. Care for residence was minimal. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. If your face doesn’t fit you’re out with any excuse they can think of....

Pros

Cons

Lots

13 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry to hear it isn't a positive one. We will be looking into all issues made and hope you had reported these to HR at the time so they are aware. We do ensure our care standards are high but will definitely looking into this.

Kitchen assistant worst job i ever had

Wish I could give this company zero stars! By far worst place I have ever worked! Such nasty place to work, management never communicate with employees, no thanks or praise! If want be standing bent over low sink all day washing dish after dish then good luck! So boring and not back friendly at all. Some very nasty toxic people who work here. Sadly your just a number and you won't be appreciated!

Pros

Cons

Heavy work load, not appreciated very high turn over of staff

6 April 2021
We are very sorry to hear about your time with us at MMCG - I hope your concerns were voiced to the Home Manager and/or HR as they would have been able to help. Thank you for making us aware and we will look into this promptly.

New challenge

I came to work in wlderley care as I was wanting a change of career. I wanted a 9-5, no travel.job !! I applied and went for it. I'm admin in our care home and I absolutely love the various aspects of the role. Its busy Which job isnt ? . I particularly enjoy the customer faced interaction. I trust us to care for people.

Pros

Free car parking. Proactive management and regional team support

Cons

Its hectic and busy. But not unmanageable.

10 March 2021
Thank you for your review - we are glad you are enjoying your role and that it suits you!

Supportive

Working for Maria Mallaband, you work as part of a large organisation, the company offers exceptional levels of support and guidance especially for new managers and staff within the homes. There is a very supportive HR team, quality and regional directors. There is also some very supportive home managers that are always willing to help and guide when needed.

8 March 2021
Thank you for this 4* review - it is great to hear how supportive you find your team and management. You are right, when you work for MMCG you are part of a very large organisation and we all work together to achieve amazing results.

Jobs at Maria Mallaband Care Group

See more jobs

Great working environment

I started working in Cedar Court, Cranleigh in October 2020 and absolutely love my position as Activities Assistant. The management and my co-workers are caring and supportive and I find my work extremely satisfying. Working with our residents is a privilege and Its a great feeling to make a difference to their daily lives. The care home has a wonderful atmosphere and it is a great working environment.

Pros

Career development, training and a great environment

8 March 2021
Thank you for this glowing review - you really are helping make a difference to so many people! We love to hear that teamwork is a key part in a home as it helps so much and you make some excellent friends this way.

Great People rewarding work

Great team spirit.Excellent training & on the job shadowing.Very helpful & pleasant Management & Staff.Work is hard, but very rewarding. You are working at a pace, but you get to learn all aspects of care The leadership is good and direct & they will correct you if you get it wrong.However, there is great teamwork that enables you to improve your effeiency and get the work done

Pros

Helpful colleagues

Cons

Hard work but that's what the care business is

8 March 2021
Thank you for this review and thank you for commenting on our excellent training programmes. We pride ourselves knowing our staff get some of the best training before starting in their roles and continue to shadow others until they feel confident to jump into the role.

Great place

I have joined Maria Mallaband a year ago and I am confident to say that is a great company to work for. Having had experience with many different care providers I can say that this is one of the best. In Cedar Court staff members are valued and encouraged to progress within the home and the company. Management and staff are always focused on the high quality of care. The team at Cedar Court is fantastic, compassionate, caring and constantly applying the values of the company being supported by a wonderful dedicated management team.

Pros

High standars

8 March 2021
We are glad you are enjoying your time at Cedar Court and thank you for this review highlighting the fact we encourage staff to take on extra training to better themselves. We hope you stay with us for a long time and enjoy the training we have on offer.

Friendly and helpful place

I have been working with MMCG since September 2020 and I am very pleased. friendly and very helpful colleagues, manager and admin. After 2 months of work, they offered me trainings and upgrade my qualifications. The company also offers free transport from Guildford and Cranleigh as well as accommodation for little rent. So it is very helpful in the beginning and if someone would like to move nearby close to work.

Pros

Free lunches and transport from several places.

8 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for highlighting some of our amazing benefits! We hope you take the opportunity of training as we want the best for all of our staff.

Good company to work for

I have been working at an MMCG home for 4 years. It's a good company. I've had opportunity for career advancement and have been recognised in the company award scheme. The wages are competitive. I would recommend MMCG as a good company to work for.

Pros

Good team to work with

1 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you have been recognised, we want all staff to feel appreciated. The hours can be long however, it is so rewarding.

Making a difference

A Home away from Home.A combination of corroborative & personal touch demonstrated in a professional manner setting high, reliable & comfortable standards of living.Family oriented approach exercised by the Windmill team at all times adaptable to deliver & tailor the needs of our residents.

Pros

Approachable management & Flexible work schedules

1 March 2021
Thank you for this lovely review - We want to thank you all for your hard work throughout these difficult times.

Supportive Manager & great colleagues

Manager is supportive and encourages care workers to further their careers. Colleagues are friendly and helpful. Very busy home and is stressful but nice when relatives are appreciative of what you do.

Cons

Extremely Busy

26 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a review - Care can be a very busy at times, but it is always worth it.

Fab team, well supported

I feel very supported within my role as Senior Care Assistant. I am confident in the team I work alongside and know I can ask for help where needed. Even on the busier days, I do not feel overwhelmed as there is always someone on hand to answer my questions and a well trained and experienced care team to delegate tasks to.

Pros

Progression in the company, variety of courses to enrol on

Cons

Long shifts

26 February 2021
It's great to hear you like how we support staff to progress in their careers. Also hearing you have a good team to work alongside. Thank you for the review.

I love my job!

I have worked here for nearly 3 years and although the last year has been extremely challenging with the COVID Pandemic, my team and I have supported each other to continue to provide excellent care for our Residents. There is a lot of support and resources from Maria Mallaband and they really want you to strive to make a difference!

Pros

Great Team Work

Cons

Long hours at times

26 February 2021
We want to thank everyone for pulling together during these strange and testing times - you are all heroes!

Productive workplace

MMCG has given me the opportunity to excel in my clinical skills. Working in the environment, with the training provided, working as a team, I not only develop my career, but as well as a person. Great company to work, as I have experience in NHS and other private care homes.

Pros

Training, team work, feeling supported.

26 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a review - We try to push all of our staff members to achieve their careers goals with our training and support.

Great management support

It has been 6 years now working for the company. During these years we had lots of challenges but working as a great team we have managed to achieve great things at Cedar Court and provide the best quality care to our residents. The company has been very supportive with future training & development, in here everyone works very well, supporting each other and been and having a good balance between work and personal life. More great things to follow.

Pros

The support from management

26 February 2021
Thank you for this brilliant review and for staying with us for 6 years!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maria Mallaband Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement