Maria Mallaband Care Group
View all Maria Mallaband Care Group reviews

Maria Mallaband Care Group

Maria Mallaband Care Group Employee Review

Fast paced

Staff are very friendly, work well together as a team. Manager approachable at all times. Learned a lot from the nurses while working closely along side them.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

inclusive and fast past. Very good management.

Lace Hill Manor is a very new home. We are very lucky to have a strong management team. Always willing to help out on the floor. The door office is always open and happy to chat with you. Training and career progression is good too. Beautiful home, very spacious.Lovely staff members.

Pros

Lovely environment, management and training.

Avoid!

So, I started working for this company as I would say I’m a caring person. The residents are lovely and their family’s. However, the management are an absolute joke. They keep themselves locked away in their office and never see them on the floor. Most days your working on your own with one (maybe two if your lucky) agency! The agency don’t have a clue what they’re doing. Seniors don’t help at all. Most days your doing three peoples job by yourself. It’s extremely understaffed and you don’t stop from the moment you enter the building. There’s next to no kitchen staff so your helping out there as-well as everything else you do. The seniors order you around knowing full well you’re busy. You can be physically and mentally drained and they’ll still pick at you for anything they can to make their day easier. Most days I couldn’t get a lunch break as it was so short staffed. Let’s not get started on the conditions of the home it’s self! Management love to play games when it comes to holidays. Authorise your holiday and when it comes to the time say you won’t get paid if you don’t come in! If you have any self respect, do not work for this company. Definitely not worth the daily stress.

Pros

Home time

Mixed Opinions

For the most part, it's a really fun and friendly environment with your colleagues and the residents and even with some members of the management team. There is a lot less staff than there needs to be for the amount and the kind of residents that they accept, for a residential home, there's a lot of nursing patients that end up there. And the care assistants aren't nurses, they're not qualified to deal with nursing patients but they have to anyway.

Pros

Staff relationships

Cons

Staff levels

Official response from Maria Mallaband Care Group

14 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We aim for all working environments to be friendly and fun so thank you for pointing this out. Our homes should be an enjoyable place for our staff and residents alike. Our recruitment team has grown over the past few months so that we can work on our staffing levels as we have had some issues to work on during the pandemic which has affected many businesses, especially care. We can ensure there is someone in the home who is qualified to deal with any nursing patients. Your feedback is very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maria Mallaband Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement