Maritime Transport
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Maritime Transport Employee Reviews

United Kingdom159 reviews

Good money and co-workers, office is the another world

Start times vary between 4 and 7 in the morning. The job is effortless. Drive to customer, open container door, relax. On days you very likely be driving an old unit after training, still roadworthy, just old and dirty. If you repeatedly fail the tractor unit, you will get allocated an even older one. Unfortunately, Southampton is managed by the brotherhood (very revengeful people). If you don't like something, do not mention that to anyone in the office to keep working without issues. Money is suitable for this work, but be prepared to put some hours in. Southampton depot, management brotherhood request has priority over your child or preplanned doctor's appointment, so make sure to be prepared for an emergency. Management does everything in their power that nothing problematic leaves the office to the main boss who is very pro driver.

Great equipment

Great place to work until your face does not fit anymore then you can expect everything and every one to come crashing down around you, lip service on problems never proper help or understanding

Pros

Great equipment

Cons

No respect

Insights into Maritime Transport

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive friendly working place

Company has good working facilities Up to date equipment People are friendly towards you Sometimes long hours due to docksOr sitting at customers premises waiting to unload/loading Unforeseen circumstances..

Worked for worse

Do your job and you will be just fine. Bit annoying when they park you up early but on the whole they do try to keep you moving. Drop and swaps can get a bit repetitive sometimes. Decent trucks some of trailers have seen better days. 52 mph kills me bit hey its a small price to pay. Hard hat to hitch your trailer up.......i mean come on 🙄

Pros

Trucks, containers, good bunch of driver. Sound lads in the office from DA to junior operator they are all sound.

Cons

Pay could be better. Wear Hard for everything including going toilet

Great company with the driver at the centre of the business

Great company that always listened to me and accommodated my personal needs. Good quality trucks with a bonus scheme that was achievable. All trucks had microwave ovens and were reasonably highly spec’s.

Pros

Microwaves in all trucks.

Cons

52 mph speed limited trucks

Good place to work.

Been with the company for 7 years and genuinely have zero complaints. Friendly and helpful office staff, you just get left alone to do your jobs, you’re not pushed to your limits on a daily basis. You’re treated fairly and with respect. Can’t speak for other Depots but Northampton seem to have it sussed.

Pros

Great units (new gen Scania)

Cons

I could get payed better elsewhere but happy where I am.

Do not work here

I hated every moment of my time here. It’s very clicks and the gm of whatever it was is the god son of a bigger boss and knew nothing about people. He and all but 1 manager couldn’t careless about the employees! No team effort in this job

Supportive and honest.

I really enjoy working for Maritime, the four on four works well for having life balance. The work is clean, trucks and trailers are modern clean and safe. Sometimes the hours are long that is ok because of the 4o4o. Wages are staggering and so is the bonus scheme. Management is the best l have known, approachable and can be flexible to your personal needs: be honest and reliable to Maritime management and they will help you as best they can.

Pros

Everything and l am not joking 👍

Cons

Can't think of any.

Avoid at all cost

Them and us attitude with office and drivers. Planners and office staff inexperienced with poor man management skills. Excellent vehicles however internal cameras constantly invading your privacy.

I am into my third week...training has been good and the team have all been really friendly. Looking forward to progressing in the role and taking on more responsibility.

Pros

Nice office space, breakfast provided, free parking, friendly team and good manager

Cons

Yet to come across any

Not a bad place to work

I've had no problems with maritime, yes it can be long hours but you're paid by the hour. It's fairly stress free but certain docks can be a pain most days.

Pros

Good facilities and trucks

Cons

Not Perfect but way better than most

If you have been in this industry for a number of years then you will come to appreciate being a driver here as its a clean easy job without any worries from the compliance side of things.If you come to work expecting to do a fair days work then you will fit in fine, if not go somewhere else but good luck in your search.Yes the hours can be long and the jobs can change but that's container work, I am paid for every hour I'm here so bring it on.Too many people with a class 1 that have no idea about transport these days as a lot don't know what's required of them regarding legislation etc. Truck driving isn't just about driving a truck its much more than that so if you want a steady job where you are paid every week and don't have to worry if you get a tug by the old bill then this place might just suite you.

Marmite some love it some hate it

It’s not a bad place to work. The money is very good in my opinion. You can easily earn a grand a week on tramping. The base pay is not bad either if you do your minimum 10 hours a day. Parking is at depots which aren’t bad with facilities etc. they’re a good enough company, they like to play by the rules which is fair enough follow the rules get paid and go home. Some depots want a lot from you some are a bit easier going. Drops can be London and are usually paper recycling. Mix of RDC deliveries and smaller places. Trucks aren’t bad. Chilled life at 52mph. Kushty little job if you play the game. Not the best if you don’t want to do the hours. Marmite

Pros

Meal allowance, hourly pay after 10 hours and bonus

Cons

Some planners want everything from you

Easy work

Easy straight forward work. Nice trucks and good facilities in all depots. Can have some long days but most of it is spent sitting around waiting for collections

Too many hours for the money you get.

Not a good place to work, gone down hill since I worked there.Stay away.There is no working life balance yet they still want more.

Great job

Good job ,great money, good people. A lot of perks free food and drinks. Company lottery where you can win £1000 every Friday. Its busy , really difficult to get lunch brake or get finished on time. But thats transport office I guess.

It’s a job

Management are intense and it’s a face fits kind of place. Long hours so hard to organise personal life. You are reminded that you’re replaceable and will be given the worded jobs if you stand up for yourself

Pros

Pay Easy work

Cons

Long hours Management

Seems good so far

Helpful mentors and other staff all really friendly. Other depots seem good too..free hot drinks and food on occasions. Hours can be long in busy periods

Pros

Free clothing

Cons

Trousers don't fit

It’s not for everyone

I worked here twice and to be honest job wise it was fantastic. Top trucks. Top service. The easiest work you will ever do. The office do call you a lot but no problem with that.I actually loved the job and if I lived closer I would never have left but unfortunately I was away all week and never saw the family Overall it was one of the best places I’ve ever worked

Pros

Best trucks

Cons

Long hours. No family time

Stress full and exhausting

12-15H shifts , they overstress you out! they expect you to solve every problem and they hold you responsible even if it's not your fault.if you don't care about your health i encourage you to take the job!

Pros

10 pounds daily food alowance

Cons

long shifts only, 8-9-10 hours Driving times

Really nice place to work

Building was really nice rest areas very nice trucks very nice uniform was OK the work also was very easy management was poor work life balance was very poor hours extremely long and like all the other reviews say kids running the office they run you to the maximum working hours pay is low even after working all the hours the so called bonus is a joke almost impossible

Pros

Nice trucks rest room

Cons

Very long hours low pay office run by kids and management that dont listen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maritime Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement