Mark Group

Mark Group Employee Reviews

Typical day was to visit customers and check on their house loft and wall insulation meets the up todate standards. City and Guilds trained.Stressful to meet the daily and weekly targets.This involved Door to Door Cold calling.
Management are very childish and a lot of workplace bullying. I really wouldn't recommend this place of work to anyone. Think carefully before applying to work here.
Pros
Non
Cons
Lots
Mark group no longer exist as they went into administration back in Oct 2015. it was a very nice place to work and the staff made it enjoyable. such a shame!
Although my role was to do energy performance certificates & sell free cavity wall and loft insulation but it was such a difficult role I had to work from 6:30am to meet a customer at their residence at 8:30am, Even thought I suppose to finish at 6pm. but I had to complete the job everyday & on daily basis I was still working till 12am I had no family or social life as I was mostly on road and when home uploading all the work. In simple terms it was hard work & company still wanted more and more & started cheating with customers and advisers too. Most people left at the training stage but I carried on until December but due to the day light was little & company's demands were higher & I had my father was very ill, I couldn't coupe so had to resign
some good people working there however work load expected of you wasn't even possible , four 2 or 3 hour jobs between 8 am and 12 pm just isn't possible and that's excluding the commute from job to job. you were then expected to gather as much information as you could , get around to as many jobs as you could then in your own time at home, complete the jobs . it was a regular thing to be on a conference call at 7am and still processing jobs at 10pm. too many surveyors not completing jobs thoroughly with jobs being processed that shouldn't have, which then ends up in jobs going wrong and customers having issues with cavity insulation ....... money grabbing with no care for anyone else.
I saw job advertised as ÂŁ35,000 PA,for cavity wall insulation In actual fact you will be driving around to jobs that can't be done,poor surveys,jobs that are so far apart from each other you spend more time driving than working...all on MINIMUM WAGE!!!! It's all bonus related work and you can't earn decent bonuses. If you want to earn poor wages go and work for them and believe the lies they tell you at interview. Also you're on "training wages" for 3 months,even though you may be fully carded,have ACOPS certificate and several years experience under your belt!! DONT BOTHER!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor wages long hours
I have worked for Mark Group for 30 years and only gained experience in my work and job. My employer was one never to make anyone redundant therefore give us opportunity to gain experience in different work place within the company.
Pros
parking, caring employer for the staff
Cons
n/a
Start up all system applications, check my region which had customer appointments to book in for loft/cavity insualtion with surveyors. Learned how to micro manage around 15 surveyors while liasing with the regional managers. On a daily basis making sure all appointments were booked up & nothing left so all appointments got covered. Enjoyable part of the job was interacting with both internal/external colleagues & customers.
Pros
Team Colleagues
Cons
Shift Based
adequate job, management and people. good site, good place, good wage, good food , good bonus, good workers and good location. good policies , good parking spot
Just a pure delight, great company with superb coworkers. Every day was different in the role I had. I loved the autonomy I had and the freedom and empowerment to get the job done. Loved that my high standards and hard work were alway recognised and noted. Feedback was always given and the people were FAB
Pros
You felt like you could make a difference and you were valued
Cons
The company went into administration : (
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mark Group?
Good job however i was made redundant when the company went into administration - not many benefits however there was free parking on site which was a plus
Not the best place to work as the pay is shockingly bad!. The place is like boot-camp and you have cameras on you from head office to monitor how often you got out of your chair.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad Pay
These guys will pretty much employ anyone, but don't let that make you think you are in for an easy ride. You are treated like a number, with absolutely zero worth. It got me out of a hole for a few months, but was so happy to leave. Absolutely... TERRIBLE!
Pros
They are desperate.
Cons
No respect from management. Poor wages
Worst Company I have ever worked for , no wonder they went out of business. Nothing else too add dreadful company. Why should I have to write more because there nothing else i have to add DREADFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The job was good to begin with, operating in new area and travelling with a team of people to find new business, then we had to go over the same areas over and over again, knocking on the same doors, and getting the same answers. Pay dropped and so did team morale. Especially on cold or wet days.
got to work out doors in all weathers,meet all sorts of people,lots of traveling,the workplace was fine,the enjoyable parts to the job i thought was traveling and meeting all different people,i learned how to install cavity wall installation and also loft installation,it can be long days if you have to travel 2 hours to get to the location and a few times we got there,nobody was in so you have to seee if there was another job in the area or see if another crew wanted help on there jobs
Pros
meeting diff people, travel all around the country
Cons
can be long hours for travel and work, no set start/finish time
Really enjoyed working here as I was there when it was a small company through to when it was turning over ÂŁ250million. However I felt i had reached my end point as the next level up was the board of directors to which they continued to bring in ex colleagues to fill these rolls.
I feel like I enjoyed this work place as it gave me experience of different aspects such as working as a team, being productive, and making the best sales possible.
I undertook many duties during my time at Mark Group including working with other companies and providing their customers with our products, I worked within the call center handling and resolving customer queries as well as the retention team dealing with customer complaints and working to keep them satisfied, I also worked within the sales department as well as moving on to selling our products to high end customers. I enjoyed the wide variety of people I worked with, there was always a positive, bubbly energy within the office. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different areas and products which was challenging but also an exciting opportunity and good to overcome with the knowledge I now have. Also working within customer I learned a lot about how to handle customer complaints efficiently and tactfully as well as how to adapt to different areas of the business. Management always worked closely with their staff to ensure they were giving the best service but also to make sure we were happy and confident in what we were doing.
Pros
Good hours, nice range of work
Cons
No stable job role
I worked for the Mark Group for over 4 years until they went into administration recently. I worked all over the UK selling different products and I always excelled!
Pros
fully expenced company car
Cons
went into administration
Good company was well looked after in regards of training and equipment. Long hours but but a made good friends with all staff.
Pros
company car
  1. Employee reviews