Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews

United Kingdom744 reviews

Found 744 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,126 reviews

Fast paced

Some days can be really stressful. You have to always have a great attitude despite any hardships you may face. You never know when your shift ends, it can even be a 12 hour shift.

Pros

Free lunches, discounts, events.

Cons

Finishing time not known, no holidays off

Busy and stressful

Would not really recommend chef's jobs.Management seem uncaring of personal issues.Unpaid extra working hours are taken for granted. A lot of hard working good staff have been lost because of poor management.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours expected

Insights into Marriott International

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

Good for apprenticeships

Good for starting out but if your wanting to progress and move up the ranks its gonna be a long wait all in all its a pretty good place to work would recommend

Pros

Free food

Cons

No breaks

Lovely place

I love to work there, I worked there for 3 months and It was great I love everything single minute that I was there. :) Thanks for everything Marriot :)

Cons

Lunch and dinner

Hard work when full but the team always come together.

Outstanding working environment. When it's full occupancy, it is busy, but staff go out of their way to make the place fun.Although there are specific departments, when needed everyone is willing to help others out and make it one big team.

Avoid this place

Tone deaf and disconnected managment, under staffed, you often end up doing job of three people which is not fun at all. Nature of business is that you don't even get proper induction or training, and are expected to be on same level as people who worked for years.Met some good people there, so there is positive.Generally wouldn't recommend this place at all.

Makes your skin crawl, don't care about their staff only care about how much money they rake in.

The manager makes your skin crawl with their smarmy comments and it is clear that the staff are not cared about from the way the ask you to enter the building. The strange bragging also makes for an uncomfortable experience.

They consider you a colegue…that you have to learn, learn and learn… too much time wasting…and to do 3-4 roles

Culture, they hire you for a position, and then they put you to sign the job offer in the end saying other reasonable requests, not specified exactly what din clear, and then they expect from you to do whatever is to do, if a colegue from another department is busy, you have to do his job, and they wants you to do 3 roles , but you are hired for one role… verry bad culture in this company… time wasting for me for one month, at least they have paid me, but the process is verr slow…. It takes months… untill you will know everything… it takes time… how stupid you can be ??? So in order to go so much time untill you will learn.. they wants you to learn like in school… I’ m here to work to do things, not to waste so much time learning, for a person that never worked in a hotel/hospitality maybe it’s good, for experienced person, I don’t know… depends, but for me I couldn’t adapt, they threat you like you never worked in a hotel before, even you have experience…

I think is a great opportunity to grow

Very stressful and with infinite shifts and extra hours

Worked at the york Marriott on house keeping team

I was looking to be offered a Monday to Friday 9 till 3 contract you suit my families needs as I have 2 young children attending primary school. Was able To work extra if needed. Lovely people and great place to work

Pros

Gym to use with pool, Staff discounts at other hotel, in Discounts in restaurants, meals provided

Cons

Lots of rooms to do 18 a day I was sometimes getting

Supportive management, good atmosphere

The team was very welcoming and made me feel at home from the very first moment. They appreciate diversity and rely on you. I quit my job more than one year ago and we are still in touch. They also call me for casual shifts from time to time.

Pros

Good communication with management. They did their best to accommodate my requests about free time.

Cons

Minimum wage, difficult to have a weekend off, shifts between 6am and 11pm

Fast peaced environment, not a good fit

It’s not a good fight for beginners, as it’s a fast peaced environment and they have no time to give a proper training. The system they use is very difficult and there should be some training before you start and during your probation period. You can’t just watch.

Pros

The brand

Cons

Direct managers

Productive and fun environment and smart staff

i have learned a lot from front office to back office, enjoying working with collegues from diffeerent background, practicing some languages skills. enjoyed working days specially when we had function. got to be smart and ready at anytime as everyday is different from another. friendly Management and seniors managers

Pros

meals on duty, and close to my home

Cons

shifts changing

A great place to work.

The typical working day at Marriott International are receptionist functions, a warm relationship with customers.The management is very accessible, friendly andalways willing to support the employees.The hotel teaches you how to be an excelent reptionist.

Pros

Great rooms discounts, 50 per cent off in Food & Beverance, gives a Marriott International saff member card, offer a Pension scheme.

Cons

Productive and fun experience.

I was feeling relaxed while working at the hotel. The manager always gave me the hardest and dirtiest rooms. The pay is very low. Sometimes the manager asked me the leave because she didn’t needed some rooms anymore so my work hours was less.

Pros

Free lunches

Poor management and no chance to progress. Hours were too long, no overtime was paid. And no incentives or bonuses. Very little training was offered. Managers were always angry

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Overall a good place to work with a lot of opportunitues to grow and develop. Cross training opportunities was a very positive factor as well. Management was nice

Bad company to work for

Really poor experience ,always no staff you had to work for 4 or 5 people, very stressful as you can't even get one break away from the business. For the amount of pay rate per hour compared to how much you have to work is not a place I recommend to no one plus when the pandemic hit they got rid of us without paying us furlow that was so disappointing 😢

Pros

Cons

Bad staffed always

A good place for student to get their first to job in hospitality.

Good atmosphere.Fast-pace environment. Leading and instructive manager. Collaborative and friendly friends.Diverse and inclusive employees.Satisfied salary rate.

Nice place to work

Is a nice company, give you a lot of opportnity, you have a lot of benefits, the staff is very friendly and the management is well done. Is was a pleasure to work there

Does not look after staff with disabilities

Does not look after staff with disabilities. Felt as if my disabilities didn't mattee to them. And that they weren't willing to negotiate with me or help me out.

Cons

Don't care about staffs disabilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement