Mars

United Kingdom69 reviews

Found 69 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,986 reviews
shiftlongcultureteamfamilycompanylotpeople

Not what it used to be

The job itself was a dream job & I enjoy the day to day role working with the animals. The work culture however & management have ruined it for me. It’s got worse over the years & now it’s not good enough to do a good job, it’s more about throwing your colleagues under the bus or pretending to look busy. The pay rates are unfair between colleagues in the same roles, new starters can earn almost the same as someone who’s been there 20 years, loyalty counts for nothing. Job security is low as restructures occur every 2 years or so & you can easily be left without a job.

Fun place

Fun place to work at. Gets busy from time to time tho work ethics seems to get poor from year to year. Office team changes alot leading to rules and policy to change every month.

Pros

Good pay and good breaks

Cons

Long hours poor management very competitive

Insights into Mars

• Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Toxic!

M&M's World was one of the most toxic workplaces I've experienced. Drama, blame culture, no job security and more drama to top it off. The only good thing was decent weekly pay. The best thing was the day I left!

29 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such constructive feedback. Yours is clearly not the experience we aim to offer our Associates, and we're incredibly sorry to hear that during your time at Mars you did not receive the right level of support. We deeply care for our Associates' wellbeing and development, and are dedicated to always improving, so we would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please reach out to the Mars Ombudsmen team at ombudsman@effem.com. They are an independent, confidential, informal and neutral resource available to all Associates. We look forward to hearing from you.

Good place to work, and even better colleagues to work with

Good place to work, and even better Colleagues to work with really good working environment When it come to progression there is an Any And when you have people that just start in the job on more money than you even though you have worked here for years because the company takes you for granted

Pros

Good people on production area

Cons

Shift, bad pay

29 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such constructive feedback. We deeply care about our Associates, and are dedicated to always improving, so if you would like to provide any further feedback regarding your listed cons, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. We appreciate your perspective and look forward to hearing more from you. Thank you.

productive , safe , well managed multinational food producing company.

From shop floor to management everybody is made to feel they are an important part of the team. Lots of opportunities for promotion / change of job role within the business.

Poor treatment of agency staff.

I worked at the Plymouth branch for a few months and the way agency staff are treated is disgusting, it really is a case of us and them with agency and full time staff.There were a few good managers on the warehouse side but the ones above them were very unhelpful and criticised you for the smallest thing like taking a day off for your sons birthday and I was let go after requesting some holiday after I'd hurt my back in work.Awful company avoid like the plague

Chaotic and stressful

As a big company I was shocked at how chaotic and unorganised the factory was. It was fire fighting every single day. The wages are very low and the moral of staff matches that.

Great team, friendly people, manager can be rude and Abrupt. Overall I enjoyed working at Mars.

Lots of training given, nice easy job, no pressure and work stays at work. Nice hours suited a mum with kids. Nice Freindly bunch of mixed ages and different backgrounds. Lockdown messed up my experience as needed to look after my children. Also not great eating chocolate everyday for teeth health.

Pros

Great Facilities including gym membership, A good variety of food in the canteen, Also discounted chocolate

Cons

May put on weight Not good for your teeth

Fast paced

It's just a job a lot of walking lifting stacking packing got to be good at maths and engineering work as a team get your target on production and be able to work on 24/7

Pros

Cons

Long shift

14 December 2021

People in the warehouse

Very rude people in the inside everyones gotta fight for days to work. Rudeness is on the top level. The managers dont care about your outside life you always have to do as they say.

Cons

Mars is a great employer who will give every chance to succeed if you deserve it. Competitive salary and great benefits for a fantastic all round package

Physically demanding, good progression opportunities

In operations a lot is expected of you and you do not find much spare time to finish the many computer based tasks required. Due to a changing rota pattern of 6 or 7 day weeks it is difficult to plan activities outside of work and stress and fatigue are common. However the support structure of your teams and line managers is fantastic and as long as you have an idea of the direction you want to go in the business there are plenty of opportunites for progression. The best part of the job is definitely working with the animals (dogs/cats) but also the fact that there is an outside company to clean the accomodation - we consider ourselves very lucky as most animal jobs would require a lot more cleaning and frankly would pay considerably less.

Productive to make a difference

To engage with all types of people from Royal Family/TV personalities/politicians, Dignitaries to general public. Helping with the issues of animal charities and their needs.

Horrible

Disgusting place to work carnage every day rubbish management very little benefits and the ones that are left will probably be taken away. No direction from management and I don't believe they know how to make the factory run properly. Management will come out and tell lies to your face and completely go against there own policys as and when it suits them.

Productive and Fun working place

I worked here during the summer with my fellow team members and associates which made the job more enjoyable. It was relatively flexible with my contract hours and I was expected you to work any shift I could according to my availability. Managers are reasonable and understanding. Punctuality and presentation are taken very seriously

Great place to work - good balanced role with prospects

superb place to work great team enviroment targeted but well structured and supported to achieve these huge portfolio of products to work with and sell lots of inter department collaboration real prospects for developing

Pros

working for great line mangers who develop you quickly

Cons

lots of meetings....lol

Hated every minute

Long unsociable hours. Started at either 7 in the morning or 7 at night. Had to be there at 6.30 and didn’t leave while 7.15 and then at least half an hour to get to and from. 14 hour days and nights with travel! Hated every moment! Friday Saturday Sunday night!! Stressed all the time 100 miles an hour all the time! Tried to brainwash you that Mars is the be all and end all! I struggled to do 5 months!

great place to work

fantastic place to work, cares about their employees. invests in development and training. working as a shift technician, there is support when facing issues on the line. i learned a lot here, completed my apprenticeship and learned fundamental skills of engineering. a lot of people go out of their way to help you.

Great culture, Good renumeration, excellent line management. Many opportunities to progress through the organisation for those who have what it takes. Mars bring the best out in people. If you give 100%, the rewards are there.

Friendly

Friendly environment, lovely people and a very relaxed place to work. Free chocolate and gum so you're never hungry and the management sit amongst you.

A Terrible Place To Work

If you want a job where you are micro managed and always stressed out this is the job for you. I had worked for this company for many years until the RSM changed. You were always expected to know a million acronyms on every field visit and if you were too slow or had to think about it you were marked down red and failed and obviously on every pay review each year no pay increase so this company had this down to a tee. Every time my RSM phoned you were too afraid to answer. No work life balance so family always came second, this is a fact. No higher management were approachable whatsoever And you were always rated very low. As I said if you want to be micro managed, stressed and family come second this is the job for you.

Pros

Company car, average salary

Cons

Long hours, stress, no family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement