Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

You have to make your own way to get to know the job, you get paired with a colleague but they are usually to busy to answer a question.You are micromanaged in the time I worked there I didn't receive any feedback from management
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Micromanaged very hectic and busy
Working in the call centre, you're the bottom of the pile, dealing with abuse from callers but not being able to refer them onto anyone else. The admin teams in charge of the pension calculations and payments often refuse to take calls (like they often should), take ages to action work, and never give any updates on progress of cases. This results in us often telling people that "we don't know" what's going on; not great customer service. As you won't be trained in the ins and outs of pensions, you rely on the admin teams for answers but will never receive these answers, which in turn results in more frustrated people; it's a vicious circle.
Pros
Great team in the call centre, no weekend work, everyone works same hours so good social life
Cons
Poor management towards top of the chain, lack of communication from other teams
Each day is different which will push you to your learning limits with supportive management who are there to be a support for any difficult part of the job. With such a large company, it is easy to imagine that there is a faceless touch to business, however, this is not the case. Very enjoyable and you get out what you put in to the job.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
This position requires confidence in sales techniques as well as being able to learn and adapt. As this is a sales role in the insurance industry, it is advisable to know your product and relate this to your customers needs. Typically, a day in this role is to not only maintain your own customer renewal base, but also to obtain new customers with the help of the prospecting team. Prior to my role here I came from the home insurance sector, which is on a different level to the business insurance sector. I learned primarily, what the product is, but also learning about the public liability sector itself, as this was gauged towards tradesmen such as electricians, plumbers etc. As with many jobs, sales are not always guaranteed, so it is key to find a balance and not get hung up on cases lost and use that motivation towards the next sale. This is a very rewarding role if you are willing to put the time in; this is because the higher you are above targets, the higher the financial reward.
Relaxed atmosphere and the company really look after you. Great benefits including bonus and Christmas night out paid for. Also am option to buy and sell holidays.
Nothing positive to say about this employer. Probably the most negative experience in my career history. Would not recommend them to my friends. Management was not organised, decisions slow to make
I was required o go through my emails every day and prioritise the important ones, after I had established what the urgent priorties already were. I didn't learm much - in fact I ended up teaching a lot of the staff. The management aren't very good.
Spend the day being bullied by management and senior executives. Piles of work with under resourced teams. No worklife balance, managers expect you in at 7am for a 9am start.
good people, good team, v chilled A typical day at work consist of analyzing and sourcing data on employee information and optimizing job descriptions for clients. We have great leaders here and the management is very transparent. The culture is my favorite thing about Indeed. It is very diverse and family oriented. The hardest part about the job is that it is contract and I do not receive all the benefits as full time employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday by implementing change.
Marsh & McLennan a great Company to work for, providing employees with opportunities through their Talent Acquisition Team to enhance their career progression and development.
The support for anyone who works here is second to none. They are very much on board with improvements and support individual growth. All individuals give a helping hand to those that struggle and it is appreciated.
Pros
Great Worknlife balance given and great management support
Cons
Their salaries could be increased slightly.
The work was mostly repetitive, and not hardly challenging. There wasn't much to do but run programmes. Some of the time, there is simply no work available.
I have worked for MMC for the last 12 years and must say that they pride themselves in being the employer of choice. Each week i had a 1 to 1 with my manager to ensure that I was on the correct lines to meet the goals set for me in my performance planning for that year. The office dress code has recently changed from Business Casual to optional Casual with weekly donations to the British Red Cross if you wish to dress down. On site parking is provided with allocated spaces assigned based on length of service with the company. I would be happy to recommend anyone to take a position here, even considering my position with them is now "at risk"
Pros
The People, Free parking, coffee, weekly fruit baskets
I was reasonably happy working for marsh mclennan and even relocated to an office in the provinces. I was happy to take on extra work and to be trained on new equipment. This can to end when i was outsourced.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
commuting when based in london
Enjoyed my job. Great team spirit. Market cut throat at the moment, so you lose business to other brokers for small amounts. Staff changes very high. Market is very competitive at present.
Pros
Very involved in work for disadvantaged
I have been Mitie employee for about three years now and my overall conclusion is that there are no career prospects within this company. It is a great stepping stone if you are coming from non client service based background.
Pros
I have met lovely people and made valuable contact within MMC.
Cons
Mitie works for Mitie, you are just a tool.
The staff there are professional, courteous and excellent at what their do. The days consist of arranging lots of meetings for swiftly working through agreements and proposals. It’s a fast past environment and sometimes you can feel really overwhelmed but the team will support you on whatever you need. Just remember their is a hierarchy of command.
Pros
Office location and the cafeteria
Cons
Long hours.
I was at Marsh for a total of 18years, and I will say in the years I was there, it was the best part of my years I had spent any were. It was a dynamic, productive, and fun place to work.
Extremely eye opening experience where i got to understand what these type of jobs are really all about and what the day consists of. It was a very enjoyable experience where i got to meet new people and ask personal questions where i got answers to questions i otherwise wouldn't have been able to get.
this was a horrible job but this department is long gone, not sure what I'm ament to say about it, was over 8 years aho that I worked there.... have nothing to say
Part of a global organisation a very professional company. Provides training and development to all colleagues. I have added to my management skills and become a part of a successful management team