Marshalls PLC

• Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Relaxed working atmosphere

Marshalls produce concrete products, the machinery is small to medium sized. As an engineer you are quite busy. The work can be heavy and physically demanding at times.

4 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback and for your dedication to the role.

Great Place To Work

Marshalls is a great place to work with lots of development opportunity, there is a strong team spirit and a some great work colleagues. A good employer.

Pros

Team Spirit

Cons

Long Hours

Pod truck and mixer truck driver

Poorly run trucks always have issues, transport manager never there , site manager rude inconsiderate, don't care for good drivers, had at least 8 different drivers come and go in a year in a team of 6 drivers and two plant operators, always drivers thought , never the manager's. Sack you rather then sort out the problem,..wouldn't reckon it to any professional driver

Pros

Money wasn't to bad

Cons

Long hours, bad attitude. defected trucks expect to drive

7 October 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We would appreciate you making contact with your senior manager or the HR team to discuss this in more detail. Thank you

Outstanding Place to work

Outstanding Employer, well looked after, great benefits, pension plan, share policy, uniform, any equipment we need to complete our daily job. Great senior management team very fair and firm. Get your job done and you never hear from them. Very informative Team of directors at the top, kept us informed throughout Covid 19 and kept us all safe with Ppe. hand gels, gloves. and put in place safety measures very fast given the pace the disease took hold of the world. i felt very safe doing my daily job. In a brief summary i wouldnt want to work anywhere else but Marshalls and hope i can see my full working career within Marshalls. im very grateful and proud to put on my uniform with the Marshalls name.

Pros

Daily meal allowance

Cons

There isn't any

7 October 2021
Thank you for your valued feedback. We're pleased to hear you've been supported throughout the uncertain times. We will continue to make Marshalls a great place to work. Thank you!

Stressful, bullying management

Don’t work here unless you are a robot, you are treated terribly by management, shop floor teams are a good bunch, not worth losing your mental health over though, so many unfair dismissals by management with vendettas against anyone who dares stand up for themselves, HR always side with the managers and are just as bad

Pros

Cons

Management are terrible, HR are poor, figures manipulated

9 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback and we're sorry to hear it's affecting your mental health. You can find information and support on mental health through the intranet or by contacting your Mental Health First Aider. Please do reach out to the HR department or raise concerns through one of our other internal channels: Union representatives, Whistleblowing, social media messaging service or through the management team so we can investigate further.

Talked about improvement but it never came

Working it a site which had not seen any major investment in over 20 years. It was worked into the ground and was expected to work miracles with the staff and equipment.very pressurised environment. You had to learn quick and not answer back to the site manager otherwise he woulds lose the plot. not very healthly or encouraging to be in.

Pros

Learnt lots of firefighting and crisis skills

Cons

Always firefighting

18 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about this and would like you to contact our HR team to discuss this further.

Managers are tossers.

Useless managers who want any chance to blame a driver for absolutely anything they can. Sad little children they are, especially the newly promoted transport manager at Halifax, cant remember his name but he is a snidy little git.

Pros

Wage is reasonable

Cons

Everything else

8 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Our managers are in a privileged position and we provide them support and training to do the right thing, in the right way and at the right time. If you want to share further details on this, please contact the HR department.

Exciting and engaging

At Marshalls I am encouraged to manage my own time and put forward my own ideas. This is ideal for my role and really enables me to work at my best in a way that suits me as well as the business. Within the team, opinions certainly count and there is no feeling of a hierarchical business. Participation is encouraged and you are able to contribute as much or as little as you feel necessary. The interview process and induction was fantastic and a really good starting point for an employee joining the business. Even with the challenges involved with the current climate, I was effectively brought in and got up to speed very quickly. Opportunities certainly exist and with the support from the wider team they are definitely achievable with the right work ethic and attitude. A great company with great people!

Pros

Induction and Interview Process, People and Communication

4 September 2020
Thank you for your great feedback on both your interview process and the job! Keep up the great work and wish you a very successful career with Marshalls plc.

Stay away

The money is very good but you'll have long hours. There is plenty of over time but no extra money. The management are clueless! right from the top down. Too many cooks and all that. Don't get me started on the vehicles they're a disgrace constantly breaking down and just a mess in general they'll give you a substandard truck then expect you to keep it clean.

Pros

Pay

Cons

The company is just clueless

4 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Our drivers are given the utmost respect for the role they play in our company and the dedication they have to the role. If you want to share more detail on the matter, please contact us at the HR department so we can look into the matter. Thank you

Bad

Don’t do it overbearing management who don’t know what they’re doing most of the time it’s a very two faced environment to work in and they think because they pay you well they can treat you how they like

4 September 2020
Thank you for your comment.We believe any managment role is a privilage for an employee to be in and this sort of behaviour does not follow the Marshalls way. Could you please contact the HR department so we can investigate the issues you have raised. Thank you

A well paid job!

working at Marshalls was a good experience. Monday to Friday job, weekends off. As an operator your job role involved operating different types of machines. driving forklifts, grab,etc. clean down was a bit physical but not the hardest job. overall a good experience. (only if u don't mind getting dirty).

4 September 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback, it really is appreciated. Keep on doing a great job!

Awful place to work

Management clueless, focus on the negative on everything, no leaders there just dictators, dont trust you to do your job, bullying culture always employees fault in every thing

Pros

Very good pay

Cons

Blame culture, management clueless

4 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We have made significant changes to the way we work, especially at our Bleadon site and have had some great feedback following this change. If you want to discuss this in further detail, please contact the HR department. Thank you

Avoid avoid avoid

Even though they pay well, if you like being treated like a animal this is the place for you. H/s non existent, I’ve never worked for a unprofessional firm.

4 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We have made significant changes to the Bleadon site which in hand has seen a change in culture. I'd like to hear from you if you want to contact us at the HR department.

Forward thinking, professional, market leader, superb leadership.

A company that does the right things, in the right ways, for the right reason. This company cares for it's people and for the total environment we live in.

13 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we wish you a very successful future with Marshalls.

Great Company Poor Management

The company is an amazing company, however management are all one big family and too busy manipulating figures to raise stocks and share value. Extremely poor customer ratings and management rule by fear.

4 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We have changed the way we work at Marshalls, from start to end. This means all recruitment is now done centrally to ensure we have the right people in the right roles.

Marshall’s

Used to be a good place to work, over run with unqualified managers now, engineering has an awful morale due to the lack of loyalty between the managers and engineers, unfortunately the managers have created a bullying culture in this department Production side of the site isn’t much better Managers are groomed in to not having working relationships with anyone below them, this has caused a toxic work place

18 November 2020
We're sorry to hear this feedback but thank you for letting us know. We have made vast changes to our manufacturing sites and management teams. Please do contact the HR team to discuss your concerns in more detail.

A company in decline , that may become an investor not a producer

A company that now deals with Spreadsheets and manipulated figures rather than the actual and achievable. Moved from a Family owned to a stock market company and therefore lost its ideals of work ethic and creating a place to want to work.

Pros

a wage

Cons

divisive management

18 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We've made huge progress in our culture and the way we do things at Marshalls. We wish you all the best in your career.

Good company overall

Market leading company but could do better to reward their employees. High turnover of staff as a result. Arrogance is their main fault with their customers.

18 November 2020
Thank you for your valued feedback and wish you all the success in your future career.

Good job

Good job at times, like any job good days and bad. Good pay, not bad hours. Lorries could do with being updated. Site work can be a pain, more help from traffic office would help.

18 November 2020
Thank you for your valued feedback and hope you are seeing good changes to the way we work at Marshalls.

It was great about 3-4 years ago

Always pushing for more unrealistic expectations, u are just a number and as a driver forget a life outside of work. its all about the bottom line. There trying to do the work of the builders merchants they supply without having the infrastructure in place for this. And expecting there drivers to perform miracles with little or no reward. And there kit is in desperate need of upgrading

Poor company

Really bad company to work for staff have a bad attitude .on one shift I was timed going to the toilet .I was harassed every week to work weekends and given threats when I declined to work .

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

17 September 2019
We're sorry to hear this feedback and hope things are better now. Please do get in touch with the HR team if you need any support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls PLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Marshalls PLC with

• Marshalls PLC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?