Marshalls PLC

Marshalls PLC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom142 reviews

sitelongshiftteampoorbadgoodstart

Happy .. great enviroment

Great set of lads..Lots of overtime available..Good facilities... just a shame that contract ended .. high standards of health and safety.. Good company

12 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We hope you can join the Marshalls team again in the near future!

Lousy

At first they lied about the basic salary. The management are incompetent. You are bullied into working overtime. The facilities are old and dirty. No proper washing facilities. The work is often back breaking and dirty. I don’t recommend this company

Pros

Cons

Numerous

Insights into Marshalls PLC

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place to work with lots of opportunity to grow if you want to

Working with great people and many opportunities to learn more about different business areas. You'll never be bored as there is always something to get stuck into. Great support from colleagues. Lots of resources for well-being and benefits. Flexible working to fit around out-of-work commitments and hybrid working to suit me in my role. Lots of opportunity to progress if you want to.

Pros

Great people, flexible working, lots of variation and opportunity to develop if you want to

Only thing decent was the pay

Pay was good. People are awful. Job sold as something different to what it was. Can't ask questions or learn because you aren't allowed, you must just do what's asked, even if you have concerns. Managers are unsupportive and don't care as long as the job gets done. Lots of people off sick (because they're pushed to work more hours) and adverts saying overtime available because they don't have enough people to cover holidays, let alone someone off sick.

Pros

Pay

Cons

People, lies, bullying, can't learn, can't progress, you aren't listened to

12 January 2023
Thanks for your feedback. Please can you inform the HR team which location you were employed at so we can investigate this matter.

Just a number

Just a number, only care about the money. Would not recommended them ever. Do not have any else to say about them to ge honest. Do no work for them is all

12 January 2023
Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and wish you all the best in your new position.

Brilliant work environment with management being very supportive in personal development. The job role is quite relaxed compared to other roles as long as you maintain the set standard.

Nice people & good salary

Working with a great group of people, management are approachable, pay if fair and hours are good-day off during the week if you work rotational shifts!

Stressful

12 hours per day in all weather. Expected to get work regardless. Minimum hiab training before being sent to building sites and private addresses . Expected to drive wagon and drag to private addresses with minimal training.

Pros

Lunch allowance

Cons

Long days

Delivery driver dewsbury

dont bother with this joke of a company its full of snowflakes and children who run and tell tales on other drivers ,the job is very dirty no management on site tell you lies double standards trucks are not fit to be on the road breaking down all the time

Easy work, good hours, good bunch of lads

Good work, great rates of pay, nice blokes to work with, great benefits too 👍, fair management system, slight lack of communication at times but overall a pretty good place to work.

Not the best

I worked here for around 2 years and i did enjoy my job and had a great manager and worked in a great team then they decided to have an internal structure change it of course had teething issues however i was very unsettled in my new team and most times felt i was no longer in a team. I had a manager who micro managed. I was asked to do 2 people's job with no pay rise and even that they took their sweet time about it. In the end i got fed up of been treated like dirt on the bottom of their shoes and left. This is only the short review

Rude

In the interview I was told the job was easy and I would just be driving forklifts but was pressured into moving tones of rubbish by hand every shift. Often left on your own with no one to ask and no support as staff are hung over. Mangment was unhelpful and staff where stressed out. I'd seen staff screaming at each other, threatening each other, climbing under machines while they're on, no one worn ear protection as you can't do the job if you can't hear despite the 100db, there was no PPE in stores for months as they couldn't afford it, staff snorting coke off the forklift keys in work and infront of mangment. So many people where off sick as it was the only way to get any time off. I was working 60 hours a week and being pressurised into more.

Pros

Cons

Constant abuse from staff

Pays good but everything else could be improved

Your paid well for the job but it’s not a great environment to work in when you don’t know what the office mood is going to be like that day. My advice there are better workplaces that treat you a lot better.

Aspire and you will achieve.

Progressed really quick with Marshall’s. Within my first 2 years with the company and have been able to flourish massively, given opportunities to grow as an individual and in my work. Enjoy it!

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

N/a

Stressful work place

Stay well away. Do not take care of staff. Toxic company to work for. High turnover of staff. Trucks are barley road safe and in most cases not. Long day

Don’t read the job advertisement and think that’s your job role!

Don’t be fooled in thinking that what they advertise for is what they want! Because they’ll train you up for part of the job then change there minds on what your job role actually is and what it involves and then you’ll do that with no real training. It’s very much a blame culture within this job as they like to tell you what your doing wrong and focus on that rather than actually telling you what your doing right! Also the rules are different for everyone! No screen time breaks although working with a computer all day! And don’t be fooled by the managements friendly manner as that’s all for show because she will talk about you to other staff members as soon as your backs turned! (Actually walked into a room several times and heard this about other staff members and ignored it ) And they make you feel like you can raise issues when if you do the blame is put on other staff members making staff turn on each other and not sorting out the real issues! Honestly regret accepting the job! The only thing that’s an actual shame is i work with a great bunch of people ( well the majority) and despite everything they have a laugh and get on with everything but the management need better training and some people skills wouldn’t go amis!

Could have been so much better

Unfortunately this job wasn’t as good as it could have been, the admin team and middle management knew what they were doing but were constantly undermined and over pressured by a clueless senior management team who drove the business into the ground, I honestly believe they had no interest in keeping this business going, it was just a way of expanding their business in the short term so they could say they were the biggest company in Europe whilst swallowing up their competition, they took over a thriving profit making business and turned it into a low paid and overworked site, customers were sending back the orders because it’s hard to keep up standards when the company expects the same quantity regardless of the difficulty of the order, people who have never done the job, or even a hard days work in their lives find it very difficult to understand the concept of time and motion, you try to explain to them that it takes longer to hand make 8 10kg stones than it does to make 1 80kg stone, it just doesn’t compute to them, had they just kept their word when they took over that they wouldn’t change anything the business would still be there now and making money.

Pros

Good working hours and overtime if you want it

Cons

Unrealistic work load, too much pressure for the pay

High turnover of staff

The management are relentless on targeting workers for wrongdoing rather then being positive, very stressful atmosphere because that’s what the engineering manager wants, his attitude has a knock on effect across the site

Rude

I was told the job was easy and I would just be driving forklifts but was pressured into moving tones of rubbish by hand. Mangment was unhelpful and staff would try to pressurise me out.

Pros

Cons

Constant abuse from staff

loved my Job

It was my dream job however they sell you the job with bonuses however they never pay out and some of the managers speak to people like they are beneath them and then blame you and then say that "your" the problem"

Pros

Customers were amazing

Cons

false promises

Overworked/rushed

AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!!!!!!!!!Management never around and don’t know the bum from the elbow. Good work colleges minus a few that are up the managements brown hole. Health n safety second to getting product out the door. Dust onsite is so bad and nothing being done about it. Upper management need to look why there is such a high turn over of staff. Machinery is out dated and held together with hopes dreams and electrical tape. You are just a number on a bit of paper.

Pros

Free coffee is all I can think of

Cons

Dirty conditions. Poor training. Misleading job advert.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls PLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement