Marston Group Limited

Working at Marston Group Limited: 12 Marston Group Limited Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

you will lose the will to live

Management is a shambles, all they care about are statistics. They frequently change processes without knowing the job which in turn makes thing harder and inefficient for staff. You are treated like a child at school, no talking and don’t leave your chair for any reason. How may toilet breaks have you had ? They treat you like you have spat in their food if you dare to have time off sick. The pay is pitiful and you don’t even get anything at Christmas by way of money or reward (Christmas lunch) As someone else said, their attitude is if you don’t like it off you go. High staff turnover. They have lost many good employees with this attitude. The inequality in this company is astounding. Favourites get away with everything. All this would be bearable if the pay was decent. Most staff are looking for jobs elsewhere

Pros

5 wks holiday per annum

Cons

Low pay. Poorly treated.

Horrible experience!!!

Ideal for those without a conscience or empathy. Pays only on commission and you don't get paid for working from home which you'll end up doing when you're not on the streets. You can make money if you're able to find leverage most of the time it's a win when you do. Terrible management, they all need training for sure as they have no clue how to run a business. They're only worried about their stats and numbers more than anything. When you're no longer part of their favourites they would spit you out like a piece of gum. Too many agents keep bragging about how many lies they have told just to make money from the poor who have nothing. Realistically you'll always be going after those who cannot afford to pay. My eyes opened when you realise you are taking away from people and not creating value. You will have what I call the 'bailiff blues' as in there would be weeks or months you don't make any money. If you're smart get out while you can or buy one of those ANPR vans and Bob's your uncle. Eventually you will leave like the rest of us have done. Moved on to regain our sense of value.

Pros

Choose your working hours

Cons

Paid commission only ; highly stressful, high turnover

Insights into Marston Group Limited

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Favourites

Worst job, area managers have there favourites and they will get given the better jobs available. No money to be made and the cost of the van takes any money you have made as does fuel etc.

Stay away

No help from management and they will favour other agents, not always paid for work, so you have to chase after your wages. Pay is better elsewhere with other companies in the same trade and you have to request jobs twice or even 3 times per week to do and hope they pay, also you will be given jobs that have already been worked numerous times already.

Worst company ever!

This company left me with no job from day to day, did not ask explanation etc, just assumed something and finish, no discussion, end of story. I was provided with a pad which they didnt come to collect for 2 months and later treated me with police for stealing it!!! Worst company ever, no support, no fun, worst places, worst work

marstons review

I will make his short and sweet... Attended the full training to be an enforcement agent with Marston holdings. I gained my enforcement license and certificate. Worked self employed for Marston's for 10 weeks. I have now left in the first 26 weeks to work on the railway. completely different industry. when I was self employed I didn't earn a penny for 3 weeks and had to pay for a van and fuel to work, also paying for a family of 5 and paying all bills on the house. lets just say I am now I'm massive debt with the bank and owe a lot of people money. I took the jump to leave as I couldn't cope anymore. 4 weeks later received a letter from Marston's saying I now owe them £7,500 and have days to pay it or they are taking me to court. They want the money for there training but I am more than happy to give my license back. I am so worried and have not got a clue what to do. I cant afford solicitors. After leaving the military for 6 months I am already contemplating being bankrupt. I am now worried for ex service leavers as I don't want them to be in the same situation. The company have literally ruined my life and my family's life.

Enforcement company

Best company I have ever found. good management, payment on time. so many jobs. good level service. Always opportunity to grow within company . highly satisfied

Cons

flexible

Don't bother working for them.

No support from managers. Be prepared to receive recycled work that no one wants. If you don't recover a lot you won't receive any decent work. States your self employed but if you take time off the managers don't like it and will choke your work. Unless you like brown nosing then don't bother.

Pros

They pay for your certificate

Cons

No support, bad warrants, recycled work.

Work place

Great place to work, great staff and management. One downside to this work place is the wage, I enjoy the job role and everything this job entails, included the hours but the pay is questionable.

Pros

easy to gain hours

Cons

low income

Bigger is not always better!

The company itself is forward thinking and will undoubtedly be around for some time to come in one guise or another. They are aggressive in company acquisition and by far the largest Enforcement Agency in the UK. However bigger does not always mean better. It's a big ship to steer now and several companies under the "Marston Group" umbrella. With strong management trying to retain identities this sometimes highlights the lack of joined up writing and reminds me of the Chuckle Brothers catchphrase. I have worked for several institutions throughout my life, and all, including companies have developmental issues and niggles. This I accept and overall I enjoy my experience working as a self employed EA for them and take a lot of pride in my work and as an ambassador to the company. Unfortunately my work ethos differs slightly to what is expected or really demanded from me. Once I have identified I'm talking with the customer I will endeavour to resolve the situation as soon as possible. This however does not mean I always get the full payment from them there and then and in turn I do not make any money. Rather than just "return" the warrant back to the company melting pot for either myself or another EA to pick up in several months time and go through the whole process again I will put in a bit of time to try and top and tail it there and then. It might mean contacting several agencies or clients and or submitting reports and liaising to get an end result. For some, including managers, this is in the "too hard or time consuming" file and gets overlooked. Success in this company -

Pros

Work

Cons

If for whatever reason you fall out of favour then your work is choked off

I enjoyed working with Marston group Ltd

Some times its very busy,ive learn at lot ,The management was great,my co workers and i we work together as a team,the hardest part of my job is when we have a lot of customers,but ive handle it very well,the most enjoyable part of my job is the handling of the cash it a great challenge.

Pros

1hr

Cons

12hrs

Innovative company

As an Enforcement Agent, I gained extensive knowledge of the legal system and the various warrants available to ensure the safety and security of our community. To meet the needs of my clients, I cultivated collaborative relationships with key governmental agencies and law enforcement officers, and I was instrumental in taking immediate action to control aggressive and abusive behaviour and secure monies owed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marston Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Marston Group Limited with

Marston Group Limited reviews by location

Learn about Marston Group Limited in popular locations

• Marston Group Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?