MARSTON GROUP

MARSTON GROUP Management reviews

Clear

Not for me

Interesting company. Do what we say, not what we do. My experience was not good from my very first day, not sure why I stayed. Talking to others it seems it depends on the location and local management what your experience would be like - best I leave it like that.

Terrible

Horrendous. No morals or decency. Exploits the most vulnerable in society without regard for personal circumstances or common decent human empathy. Truly an immoral company. No regard for anything other than profit. Totally geared to the exploiting vulnerable people.

Horrible place to work

Treated badly by management Understaffed and undervalued Spoken down to frequently Manager would schedule themselves on shift then disappear for hours

Terrible management

Awful experience. 5 years working for the company only to be pushed out after an injury sustained whilst on duty. Appalling and disturbing management style

Bunch of cowboys

Pay the lowest commission rates in the industry. Pretend to be an ethical company but are only interested in defrauding vulnerable people. Management protect unethical Enforcement Agents with high collection rates at all costs.

20 years ahead of my age group

Worked for marstons for 3 years. Management is great there always theee to help. Training was top level and the uncapped earning potential has made me 20 years ahead of my age group now owning 2 property’s and able to take my partner out of work to become a full time mom. Interesting job with no 2 days the same. Chasing criminal fines does attract some trouble but with the skills marstons teaches you you can handle and calm any situation.

Pros

Un capped earning potential. Great management

Cons

None for me

An unpredicatable job

There is no typical day. Everyday is different when dealing with all types of social groupings of society. One job could be aggressive and needing police assistance and the next job could be getting offered a cup of tea. Management don't really get involved in your job. They tend to be focused on stats and getting the performance figures high. It can create a high pressure environment, it sometimes is good to have the pressure but sometime you feel undervalued and just a part of a process. The potential to earn is uncapped so very driven people can earn a lot. And the flexibility to book time off is good for people who have other commitments (albeit it could see the management replace you just as easy)

Pros

uncapped pay, flexible work

Cons

long hours, some days are just miserable

Productive Workplace

I enjoyed working as part of a team. The management were supportive towards individual needs of the customers and employees. The best part of the job was being able to help vulnerable people in their times of need. At times it was very challenging. I learnt a lot within the workplace as the management often put the staff forward for new qualifications at their request.

Regeneration of work costing your fuel and time when been visited already

Compared to other Collection companies very greedy with the commission , area managers have there favourites therefore rthey eceive better postcodes to work which in turn makes them look bettter with results.

Pros

Self employed

Cons

Stressful in achieving a decent wages due to poor work given if your not s favourite

Fun place to work

Friendly staff. Learnt using Sage X3 for the first time which has been fun. Management is very friendly and coperative. ..............................

very good

good company good management good perks great work ethic hardest part is the hours involved learnt how to deal with various types of people and how to turn a bad situation into a favorable one.

Awful company

Marston do not supply any training, such a small company they still do a lot of their work via paper and do not use computers, Management there is terrible, if you want to progress in your career this is not the company for you!

Pros

Cons

no training, no support, no communication, blame culture

proffessional

Was a professsional firm with a high level of commitment from bothe the company and employees.

Productive, efficient

Collecting payments from outstanding court fines / PCN's Every day is different, co workers are easy going, and management allow you to self manage. Good bonus incentive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARSTON GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9