Marstons Plc

Marstons Plc Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed my job until new managers took over as I was meant to be on a apprenticeship but took off it when the new managers come in and also lost a lot of hours like over staff Members. I enjoyed my job until the new managers took over but I know they are not there any more.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Long hours/illegal hours for under 18s
Not appreciated at all. Managers don't care. You are forced to wok ridiculous long hours, with no free time. Managers don't understand about mental health and well being. The managers expect you to drop everything to go into work. No thank you from managers at the end of the shift or at all. No incentives. Minimum wage, even though you are doing exactly the same job as someone older. Get treated unfairly. Managers have favourites. No training is given at all, just chucked in at the deep end. When there is trouble in the pub with customers, the managers don't help the situation at all. There are no regular hours as the rota changes every week. The managers favourite staff take all of the hours. Do not work for Marstons especially in Ludlow
Pros
Cons
As above
Work you to the limits and no appreciation One rule for one, one for another Managers don’t careNo flexibility at all Rude managers Minimum wage
Cons
Fair company to work for as long as you know what your looking for work life balance can be tough if you have a younger family.Hours can be long but very rewarding.
Pros
Reduced priced meals on shift
Cons
Long hours no free meals but management.no work life .a small click inside the working invirment.is not good in any place minimum wage.frozen stuff nothing to teach you if y are a chef .just go and work there if every other restaurant is busted
Enjoyed my time but struggled with the high turnover of staff an management .No consitsceny, an left for long term staff to pull together to get things done efficiently.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Long hours, high turn over of staff
The management and staff are a great team.Everyone is helpful and happy in their work. We learn new skills with online training.The kingshighway is a good place to work.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Used to be a caring company and looked after the staff. As management in the last few years it stopped being about people. It was about making money at any cost and with little help. It was predominantly about achieving wage percentages with very few staff. Thus leaving managers stressed, stretched and with no life and leaving customers feeling neglected.
Pros
Accommodation
Cons
Long long hours, don’t work out your rate / hour you will be upset. Very bad work life balance
Do yourself a favour - just don’t do it. Genuinely the worst company I have ever worked for. Shocking ASLs who hate being challenged, and suspend you when you do.
Great staff and management at my location, they treat you like family, new things to learn though I’m aware there will come a point where I’ve learnt everything.Customers can make or break you that day though.Pay is pretty good, paid weekly.However furlough has been worked out odd leaving you strapped for cash if you’d only just started.
Pros
Great people to work with, new things to learn, customers.
Cons
Customers, pay due to furlough
If you have any self respect and are over the age of 25 do not work for marstons.If you have a family, do not work for marstons. You are expected to give your entire summer to them so you see your family two days a week if you’re lucky. Not allowed to take holiday during the season, but we get fined for taking our children on holiday during school time. No professionalism amongst management and double standards throughout depending on who you are.Kitchen is disgusting and staff are not made to dress properly! Chefs wear filthy clothes, standard outdoor shoes and no hair or beard netsShameful company to work for, I wouldn’t eat here for free!
Pros
Cons
No free lunch, no benefits, no staff Christmas party, no reward for excellent customer service, favouritism amongst management and staff
The management you have will make or break this job, I was lucky to have super understanding staff that were amazing! Super flexibility around studies and the weekly pay makes life easier. You get great discounts on food on and off shift. Show you are competent at multiple things and the job will host a lot of variety.Tips are split equally based on hours worked amongst all staff members
Pros
Discounted lunch on shift, variety, great management, shift flexibility
Cons
Very long hours, unreliable hours if seasonal location
Good company to work just senior team pay let’s them down with team payed 10p less than supervisors and a pound less than assistant managers. Great room for growth hopefully more senior levels are paid higher than this.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nice atmosphere at work very nice management Going to work with pleasureVery professional Any problems fixed very quickNice environment to work in
Pros
Tips
Cons
No cons
Can be fun to work in and is a good experience. The only downside would be the pay and benefits. Always minimum wage pay unless you are management but it is near to impossible to be promoted. No benefits other than 25% off of food when were aren't working. Good for part time/ first job.
Pros
Fun workplace, good skills learnt, easy to balance around life.
Cons
Can be long hours, pay is awful.
Been working on and off for Marston's for years. They have always been fair and approachable with excellent service standards and values . During the pandamic looked after there employees.
Pros
Salary
Cons
The pay was minimum for long hour shifts and breaks that could last from 30 minutes to 3 hours! You’re not appreciated there and taken advantage of. Managers/company don’t look after you and didn’t understand staff had lives outside of work. Wouldn’t recommend working for Marstons especially in Ludlow.
Cons
Rubbish hours, minimum pay, not appreciated
I worked there for eight years and made my intension to advance clear, I was blocked at ever turn, any complaints or suggestions were ignored, and at a particularly difficult time in my life they tried to sack me because I took time off for a bereavement, very disappointed and disheartened, if you like impossible targets and a hostile work environment then this is the perfect place for you
Pros
Cons
Illegal work practices
The Marston's I worked at the Waggon and Horses Marston's In Wombourne was an ok place to work the people were very nice management was good the work wasn't very hard and the pay for the 3 days week I worked was ok I have no reference really for what is a good wage because this was my only serious job before I went back to college to further study for my Technical Level 3 in Professional Cookery. If you want a company with set hours and set days where you will know what days and how long for you will be working beforehand don't work for Marston's you won't be told this in advance if you don't mind flippy floppy hours and don't mind your day's changing at a moment's notice without you being notified then go straight ahead work for Marstons
Pros
Good work life balance, didn't have to work too long without a break, and didn't work too many hour the people I worked with were very nice, the pay was ok
Cons
You will never usually be told in advance if your days and hours have been changed for that week, you may show up one day and find out you're not needed that day
Job is good, management have just come from the circus. Non competent staff trying to direct a car with no wheels. Legislation, what's that! Load security, what's that! They will throw you under the bus and kill their own granny in the process.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, non competent staff!
Never support you, always favouring others. Too much hard work. No communication skills. Management don’t want to know. Very long hours, no job prospects or satisfaction.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no support, very long hours, no job prospects, never included in planned events.
  1. Employee reviews