Martin Brower

Martin Brower Employee Reviews

Martin Brower offers some great perks with free hot drinks daily & a meal voucher along with a good pension & health care package. Nothing comes free. For all this they expect you to bend over backwards to accommodate there needs.Shifts are normally long and hard. Deliveries are normally difficult & problematic. Staff at stores can be awkward & problematic also.No backing from managers when you have drver problems at stores. The company is a product image company & that conqueres everything.
Benefits
Cons
management/workload/customers
I work at Coventry depo for 2 years and still enjoying it. Friendly work enviroment, good money , free meal every day. Occasional meal at the restaurants.
Pros
Money, 4 days a week.
Cons
Canteen open at certain hours. You can miss ur meal.
Deliveries involve moving cages which vary in weight. They are manageable and become easier the more you do the job. Deliveries are of course to a schedule but there is no pressure on you if you are going to be late. Management are always available to speak to and seem to know everyone's names. There is a free meal in the canteen everyday, good pension scheme, and private healthcare is available. Other drivers are always willing to help so if you're ever stuck with something, some one will help. The pay is definitely above average and suitable to the job.
Pros
Well paid, free meals, easy going, new trucks
Cons
long hours but very rare
A great place to work. Really friendly. Only place I’ve been where everyone says hi and asks how you are no matter what level in the company they are! They are always looking to train you up in different areas of the business if your willing and want to help you progress. Great work life balance working just 4 days a week. Contracted to 42 hours a week. With OT available. Two thumbs up! Great place to work!
Pros
Meal allowance
Idiots for management think they know it all and have no respect for new employees can't provide the necessary training and realise the potential of the new employee
I Have to say I enjoyed doing this job . Unfortunately my time at MB was a difficult one .My wages kept being wrong . There is a massive blame culture . There is also a fear of speaking out to things you feel are wrong. One manager told me to be careful about raising issues . I worked out of Heywood. The Managemebt where known as the Heywood Mafia. Think that tells a story in its self. Sadly I felt pushed out
Pros
good pay
Cons
vindictive management
I would never work there again , there is a lot of favouratism . Managers were racist. One managed was racist towards one worker who then decided to take that manager to a tribunal, but another manager helped the racist manager to fire the victim before the date of the tribunal , and these managers walk around the wharehouse like nightclub bouncers. Non one can mess with them.
Very hard job, lag of motivation, unfair organisation of tasks by the managers, salary not corresponding with the hardest of the job...................
Pros
Not far from where I lived.
Cons
Very hard job with lag of motivation.
better to be taken on by the company rather than Corrs recruitment as when the work drops you are not going to be working and you don't get any perks.
Pros
free food/drinks pension and health care
Cons
working weekends multi temperature
Fast paced, good staff fair and reasonable, well paid job, a lot of nice people within the business always made to feel welcome and comfortable within the work place
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Martin Brower?
Polish rules.... No comment... Bad management... Don't go.... First days you working in ambient ,and cold chamber and after they send you in freezer....
I worked for Martin Brower and found the people there a great bunch to work with, i worked for the transport department as a day shunter and regret leaving which unfortunately was out of my control and would still be there now if i hadnt of suffered a loss of a family member. Great company to work for.
Una empresa para probar y demonstrar de que eres capaz
I left a job where I was on £34 a year driving rigids and went to work at martin brower on the promise I would get some class1 training, I already had class 1 just no experience, so I was willing to take a pay cut to gain experience, but I started and was straight out in a rigid, I was always being told they were to busy and I’d have to wait, this continued for 11 months, I realised the training was never going to happen so I looked for work elsewhere, I handed my notice in and strangely I was offered training, but by then it was to late, the work is easy but you have to handle dirty cardboard cages and horrible cages with used cups in.
Shift rotates very busy ,overlapping abilities to work on own insteady supposed to be two man team work.also you got number of people watching for no reason
This Job it's not easy for everyone but between frendly and nice people. ALWAYS when you have problem Superviser or workers helping you.All company is very clear and have great canteen and nice food.
standard place to work nothing special martin brower will train people willing to learn and like to invest in their employees. they have varied roles
Pros
flexible
Cons
shifts
In Heywood you only get job advancement depending on who you know/ are related to. Salaries don't reflect the responsibilities for each role. HR ignore any grievances raised and seem to have a high turnover of staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nepotism
early starts learned just how little you are worth incompetent management live for the job home life is non existent Pulling your tripe out when moving overloaded cage when you mention it you just get told to sort it yourself
It's all about the figures long hard day's not much forgiveness always on at you about pick rates most managers are awful one was great and very understanding the place was regularly chaotic it was all push push push
Fast pace and energetic environment, while developing team building skills and managing a team to achieve one goal. Daily challenges such as unexpected customer volumes and promotions. Most enjoyable part is when we achieve above expectation.
Pros
Fee lunch allowance
  1. Employee reviews