Martin Brower

Martin Brower Employee Reviews

Always kept busy.

Always kept busy is a very demanding and physically challenging job, however if you don’t mind being put very hard to work, the pay is rather reasonable and is the only way they manage to retain staff by overpaying.

Cons

Unsociable hours

Job

The managers only look at you as a number. There is no support within the workplace. It has no health and safety and they brush everything under the carpet when something starts to go wrong also no dignity at workplace which is madness. I got injured twice, 1st time they didnt do an accident report which is crucial 2nd time they tried making out it was my fault when it was clearly there’s.

Pros

Good pay

Muy buenos compañeros

Trabajo duro pero estimulante y diversificado y cada dia algo nuevo.

Pros

Cursos CPC pagados por la empresa

Cons

Arancar muy temprano

Good place to work if u like 12 hours shifts and 4 on 4 off Loads off overtime if need it Free food every day

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours 12 hours a day

Positive people. Good training great sense of achievement

Working out of Coventry DC. Friendly faces throughout the business. Had the correct training from day 1. I can say I was encouraged to progress , ask questions if in doubt. Additional training courses were offered early on to enhance your role. Competitive pay 34k + only 4 set days a week. Free hot meal or packed lunch daily . A business the takes Heath and safety seriously. Defects and risk assessment kept fully up to date and acted on promptly if issues may arise . 70% driving 30% spent delivering with the customer. Never left to complete any delivery alone. Assistance at every restaurant. Mostly new fleet of trucks, all kept spotless

Pros

42 contracts over 4 days PPE and uniform top quality

Cons

Can be a challenge a peak times in some car parks

Good place of work

I work at Coventry depo for 2 years and still enjoying it. Friendly work enviroment, good money , free meal every day. Occasional meal at the restaurants.

Pros

Money, 4 days a week.

Cons

Canteen open at certain hours. You can miss ur meal.

Can be hard work but no pressure

Deliveries involve moving cages which vary in weight. They are manageable and become easier the more you do the job. Deliveries are of course to a schedule but there is no pressure on you if you are going to be late. Management are always available to speak to and seem to know everyone's names. There is a free meal in the canteen everyday, good pension scheme, and private healthcare is available. Other drivers are always willing to help so if you're ever stuck with something, some one will help. The pay is definitely above average and suitable to the job.

Pros

Well paid, free meals, easy going, new trucks

Cons

long hours but very rare

Great place to work!

A great place to work. Really friendly. Only place I’ve been where everyone says hi and asks how you are no matter what level in the company they are! They are always looking to train you up in different areas of the business if your willing and want to help you progress. Great work life balance working just 4 days a week. Contracted to 42 hours a week. With OT available. Two thumbs up! Great place to work!

Pros

Meal allowance

Idiots for management think they know it all and have no respect for new employees can't provide the necessary training and realise the potential of the new employee

Customer service driver

Martin Brower offers some great perks with free hot drinks daily & a meal voucher along with a good pension & health care package. Nothing comes free. For all this they expect you to bend over backwards to accommodate there needs.Shifts are normally long and hard. Deliveries are normally difficult & problematic. Staff at stores can be awkward & problematic also.No backing from managers when you have drver problems at stores. The company is a product image company & that conqueres everything.

Benefits

Cons

management/workload/customers

Good Job spoilt by poor Management

I Have to say I enjoyed doing this job . Unfortunately my time at MB was a difficult one .My wages kept being wrong . There is a massive blame culture . There is also a fear of speaking out to things you feel are wrong. One manager told me to be careful about raising issues . I worked out of Heywood. The Managemebt where known as the Heywood Mafia. Think that tells a story in its self. Sadly I felt pushed out

Pros

good pay

Cons

vindictive management

There is a lot of chaos, and the management is bad, there is a lot of covered up RACISM from the managers

I would never work there again , there is a lot of favouratism . Managers were racist. One managed was racist towards one worker who then decided to take that manager to a tribunal, but another manager helped the racist manager to fire the victim before the date of the tribunal , and these managers walk around the wharehouse like nightclub bouncers. Non one can mess with them.

Hard job, low salary.

Very hard job, lag of motivation, unfair organisation of tasks by the managers, salary not corresponding with the hardest of the job...................

Pros

Not far from where I lived.

Cons

Very hard job with lag of motivation.

fast moving

better to be taken on by the company rather than Corrs recruitment as when the work drops you are not going to be working and you don't get any perks.

Pros

free food/drinks pension and health care

Cons

working weekends multi temperature

Fast paced, good staff fair and reasonable, well paid job, a lot of nice people within the business always made to feel welcome and comfortable within the work place

No comment

Polish rules.... No comment... Bad management... Don't go.... First days you working in ambient ,and cold chamber and after they send you in freezer....

Great people

I worked for Martin Brower and found the people there a great bunch to work with, i worked for the transport department as a day shunter and regret leaving which unfortunately was out of my control and would still be there now if i hadnt of suffered a loss of a family member. Great company to work for.

Muy buena

Una empresa para probar y demonstrar de que eres capaz

Wasted a year

I left a job where I was on £34 a year driving rigids and went to work at martin brower on the promise I would get some class1 training, I already had class 1 just no experience, so I was willing to take a pay cut to gain experience, but I started and was straight out in a rigid, I was always being told they were to busy and I’d have to wait, this continued for 11 months, I realised the training was never going to happen so I looked for work elsewhere, I handed my notice in and strangely I was offered training, but by then it was to late, the work is easy but you have to handle dirty cardboard cages and horrible cages with used cups in.

Hard work for one person

Shift rotates very busy ,overlapping abilities to work on own insteady supposed to be two man team work.also you got number of people watching for no reason

Ok

This Job it's not easy for everyone but between frendly and nice people. ALWAYS when you have problem Superviser or workers helping you.All company is very clear and have great canteen and nice food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Brower. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare Martin Brower with

• Martin Brower
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?